Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe the club are going to gauge the initial reaction over next few days and then add a few more sweeteners to this to try to get a better up take. What those sweeteners will be I don't know.

But at moment only people who sign up to this have more money then sense.

I was envisaging a special lounge, draws for seats in director's box etc. Maybe that will happen.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe the club are going to gauge the initial reaction over next few days and then add a few more sweeteners to this to try to get a better up take. What those sweeteners will be I don't know.

For that price I'd want an Owlette constantly rubbing & polishing my plaque included .....lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I want to see some real nice yet pointless sweeteners. Free lifetime matchday access to the 1867 lounge, a swanky metal card that affords you access to said lounge, a personalised pen, yearly newsletter, be able to be let into the ground early, official 1867 watch a training session day. Maybe a badge. Not like the club badge, but a name badge. Access to whichever turnstile you want to use instead of being forced through those tiny end ones, name in the end of the programme on the 1867 page, a handwritten thank you letter from the chairmen... all that jazz. I want to feel Executive damn it 

Guest Kameron
11 minutes ago, Libertine said:

So do I understand this right? 

I pay £1500 for a plaque on my seat. If we get promoted I get a 3 year season ticket to thank me for my £1500? 

Is that it? 

What more does tha want?

Edited by Kameron

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I don't mind giving the club money to help them out but I want a guaranteed return.

i'll give them £20,000 but I want a season ticket for life for me and my son in return. I also want a debenture over a seat to give me a guarantee that it will be honoured come what may.

Not sure if that works for FFP though @mkowl

That would be more like a debenture as you say. Would be accounted for totally differently and yep no good for FFP. 

Look at my first post in this thread. 

56 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Why don't EFL championship Chairmen get together and challenge the whole concept of FFP, Its quite simply wrong that any club can face embargo while spending less than a club under the protection of parachute payments.   

The Financial Fair Play rules have succeeded in doing what they were set up to do: stop football clubs spending money they don't have. Since their introduction in 2009, the number of clubs in the UK entering administration has completely dried up.

It's the Premier League's parachute payments from 2013 that have widened the gap and (combined with FFP) made the Premier League a closed shop. The FFP rules have changed to give clubs a bit more freedom - Championship clubs are now assessed over three years instead of one - but there's only so much they can do when the Premier League are paying out ever-increasing amounts to relegated clubs.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
5 hours ago, mkowl said:

Erm quite interesting and just about falls within the rules not to be a product within the remit of the Financial Conduct Authority. It is effectively a short term loan to the Club but because the Club are deemed to be giving something back - a plaque on a seat - then accounting wise they will be able to contest it is income today. Unlike the 3 year season tickets where they have to spread the cash over that term for S & P purposes they might be able to get away with not in this case. All the Club are creating is a contingent liability of giving away a 3 year season ticket IF we get promoted. Would only have to account for that if it was probable this would arise.

Anyway the credit risk score for me for making this investment is way too high - you would only do this if you were thinking with your football heart not your financial head.

The question I would also ask is this all legally binding. If the Club was taken over for example would this need to be honoured

My accounting analysis for the terminally bored. A bond or debenture would not be seen to be income. The plaque part is there to show the Club is giving something in return hence it can be deemed income.

The season ticket pledge is only a contingent liability. You don't have to include in the numbers - works the same way as the payments due to Allen and the Coop. 

Anyway even if some on here don't think an accountant should comment the Club has definitely taken advice on how to arrange this

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

1. Warnock confirmed the bid for Morrison (though not the fee).

2. Boyd - reckon he was signed up as a cheap wide midfield option. We've previously signed these types on loan (paid next to nowt), perhaps Carlos wouldn't have been interested in adding depth out wide if it had taken up too much of his budget?

3. A 2 bob journalist has linked us with two players.

4. FFP is what you want it to be. Many have ignored it, spent, and have squads to win promotion/got promoted.

5. You only get negged because you've almost reached 500 posts and I bet not one has been positive - which is a bit odd for a Wednesday fan given the last two seasons have been our best this millennium.

Yeah, here comes a "True fan" - he's been clapping along all summer.

Boyd was a cheap option like Djouro, Hutton and Mulgrew.

The Mulgrew bid was reported on Sky: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/10965162/sheffield-wednesdays-charlie-mulgrew-offer-rejected-by-blackburn

If "FFP is what you want it to be" than surely you're being negative because it appears that DC wants to put no more in.

Do you honestly think we bid £6m for Sean Morrison?

4 minutes ago, I Love Sturrock said:

It's the Premier League's parachute payments from 2013 that have widened the gap and (combined with FFP) made the Premier League a closed shop.

It's become impossible for teams like Brighton and Huddersfield to get promoted.

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf Geoffrey you're a flipping embarrassment.

Yep. Here's another one.

Been slating anyone who dared speak against Rhodes all summer, now earlier in this thread he's done an about turn and said we should get rid.

41,530 posts and never been kissed.

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

My accounting analysis for the terminally bored. A bond or debenture would not be seen to be income. The plaque part is there to show the Club is giving something in return hence it can be deemed income.

The season ticket pledge is only a contingent liability. You don't have to include in the numbers - works the same way as the payments due to Allen and the Coop. 

Anyway even if some on here don't think an accountant should comment the Club has definitely taken advice on how to arrange this

Why not ? Its a forum & your views/comments are as valid as others imo

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Yep. Here's another one.

Been slating anyone who dared speak against Rhodes all summer, now earlier in this thread he's done an about turn and said we should get rid.

41,530 posts and never been kissed.

So that wasn't your Mum then?

5 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Ive read the statement twice and i still don't get what he's asking us to buy ?

To summarise - A brass plaque on your seat with your name & a message...... oh and a "Free" 3 year season ticket once we get to the Premier League. Until that happens, the money buys you a plaque !