Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

I'd be very suprised if this scheme got 500 takers.

2,3 & 5 year season tickets are the best idea.

sell players, reconsider prices for executive boxes & sponsorships/advertising. He's pricing everyone out.

DC is very stubborn. It's very clear  he's gone 'all out' in attempt to get promoted in the 3yr timescale.....next year will be interesting if we don't go up.

Guest mkowl
Just now, Grandad said:

A friend of mine is a professional gambler. He comes across as someone who does really well, has the car and house (and lifestyle) to go with that of a really successful person.

A while ago he was asking people to invest in a scheme of his, not a huge sum of money in relative terms, but he needed plenty of people to make it worthwhile. Sadly it didnt work out - and now hes asking for another loan.

what do I tell him?

Was this a

Public

Offer

Nicely worded

Zero

Interest

Scheme

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Was this a

Public

Offer

Nicely worded

Zero

Interest

Scheme

As I said - wrong thread.

Move along. Nothing to see here

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, richowl said:

2,3 & 5 year season tickets are the best idea.

They really aren't.

All you are doing is borroing from future income to gamble on promotion. What happens if you don't get promotion? where do you borrow from then? How many years in advance can you ask fans to stump up?

9 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Makes the signing of Rhodes look ridiculous if true.

Wouldn't be saying that if we played to his strengths and he was smashing goals in.

If Mr Chansiri is at his limit (and this isn't some sort of stunt to plough more of his own money in) for FFP, then serious questions need to be asked why we carried such expenses like Urby, who was paid a years salary for one meaningless game - even on £20k a week, that Fulham game cost us over £1m; need to shift a lot of these memberships just to cover that!

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They really aren't.

All you are doing is borroing from future income to gamble on promotion. What happens if you don't get promotion? where do you borrow from then? How many years in advance can you ask fans to stump up?

One you've done it you have to keep re-doing it to replace the advance cash you've spent. That's where this scheme comes in I reckon. 

3 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Anybody else hear those alarm bells ringing?

I'm afraid to say this rings alarm bells for me.

The whole FFP thing seems to have suddenly crept up on the owner over the last 6 months... Was it not something which could have been considered in any financial plan when buying the football club? Did it not matter when we were offering Emanuelson 25k a week to not even sit on the bench? Was Rhodes the last big gamble? And if so, why for the love of God, did we not change the system to maximise the chances of that gamble paying off? If we were so concerned about an escalating wage bill why don't we have someone clearly in charge of managing (at least the financial side) of recruitment?

Yet now suddenly it's a big problem and the fans need to do a bit more.

I actually still believe that the chairman has the significant personal funds required to get us promoted. But why has he maxed out his allowed spending within FFP so frivolously,? So much so, that he's now asking the fanbase to make a further commitment beyond 3 year season tickets and increased matchday prices? Why have so many revenue streams been ignored? The strip being ready on time? Reasonably priced hospitality packages? A well stocked, well run club shop? Hasn't he hired Joe Palmer exclusively to sort this stuff out?

I am still convinced that Mr Chansiri acquired the club in good faith and is genuinely intent on getting us promoted at great personal expense. However, if he has so long been concerned with the implications of falling foul of FFP, I would have like to have thought a long term business strategy would have been implemented from the outset.

If at the very least, to avoid having to go cap in hand to a fanbase which is already paying well above the odds.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

They really aren't.

I'm happy to buy a 3yr season ticket at a fixed price. My kop 3yr season ticket cost £1,200(plus admin charge) paid for over 10months. The club wins & I do (in theory)

the difference with the other scheme is there isn't any guarantees 

But they'd be better cutting costs, selling players, raising revenue for real services.

Selling kits even asap- I think the new kit will sell better than last year's "record" because it's a nicer kit. It's not one I like as a Wednesday kit for the obvious reasons and would look better with a white collar but as "leisure" shirts go it seems pleasant enough. 

Can you sell something that is not guaranteed? If not it is an expensive bit of brass for the plaque

I think I am right, that at the moment it is around £600 for a North Stand ST, so £1800 on this deal if we get to the PL. I'd hope with all the PL money, £600 would actually drop.

Make it £1k for 3 years on the North and someone might consider it. Even so, I'd hope that if we do go up, people's loyalty is reward as Huddersfield have done. The ticket revenue in the PL mean little to clubs now.

Guest Kameron

How's about offloading players who are being paid 25k per week to sit in empty exec boxes on a match day.  

Edited by Kameron

Guest Deleted member
13 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

thinking about it, I don't think dc is realistically expecting, or even hoping for any interest.

How do you work that out?

Guest Deleted member
11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Of course you could...but a no mark from MK isn't likely to have it so no one would believe you

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Here he is lol

lol

Guest mkowl
11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Of course you could...but a no mark from MK isn't likely to have it so no one would believe you

A fool and their loyalty / money are easily parted.

Part 1 of the equation is always to get the believers onside and get them to spread the word

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

A fool and their loyalty / money are easily parted.

Part 1 of the equation is always to get the believers onside and get them to spread the word

There's no way I'll be getting one but, even if I was an accountant there's no way I'd be commentating on DC's wealth with zero knowledge of it. Call me picky if you will.

5 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

thinking about it, I don't think dc is realistically expecting, or even hoping for any interest.

indeed the amount raised does virtually nothing  wont even keep Mcgugan et al in hair gel

I  think this is a reverse tell for watching agents 

but as a genuine money raiser I'm very surprised there isnt a mega expensive platinum plaque pack for director's seats    

here's an idea : get the freebie wallas who got us into such a bad court steps situation that we had to hand over legit club shares for FA  to fork out