Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

1 hour ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Let's say for example you'd have done this on the back of the euphoria of the play off final at Wembley, if it had been rolled out then. I would have felt a little short changed after the lack of entertainment last season. 

Just my own perspective but not sure it would generate the funds I think the club are hoping for. I'm sure an Owlstalk poll would clarify this?

I think that's nail on the head, I just don't think it's going to generate the funds perhaps the club are looking for.

It's almost to me a begging bowl. Let's rattle the bowl one more time. But betting 1200 quid (to the normal man/woman on the street) on us going up. Well let me put it this way. Would you go into Ladbrokes and place that bet?? With that money?

Sort the commercial side of the bussniess out ffs. Sell cool stuff in the shop, continue with the txt win thingy. Ffs give me a kit during the summer I can buy my kids.

Jesus! For all the good DC does he's undoing it with this and the other parts of the bussniess that are failing.

1 hour ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Let's say for example you'd have done this on the back of the euphoria of the play off final at Wembley, if it had been rolled out then. I would have felt a little short changed after the lack of entertainment last season. 

Just my own perspective but not sure it would generate the funds I think the club are hoping for. I'm sure an Owlstalk poll would clarify this?

that's what people on here said about the three year season tickets and the " extortionate new season ticket prices " never underestimate Wednesday fans who think with their heart

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I think that's nail on the head, I just don't think it's going to generate the funds perhaps the club are looking for.

It's almost to me a begging bowl. Let's rattle the bowl one more time. But betting 1200 quid (to the normal man/woman on the street) on us going up. Well let me put it this way. Would you go into Ladbrokes and place that bet?? With that money?

Sort the commercial side of the bussniess out ffs. Sell cool stuff in the shop, continue with the txt win thingy. Ffs give me a kit during the summer I can buy my kids.

Jesus! For all the good DC does he's undoing it with this and the other parts of the bussniess that are failing.

It's not really a bet - all you do is get your stake back. 

15 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Would that be the business that has the most season tickets bought by our fans EVER...lets face it if our fans didn't believe in the club the majority would have fuckedoff over the last 20 years...THE FANS WANT TO BELIEVE IN THE CLUB THATS WHY WE HAVE SOLD MORE SEASON TICKETS EVER IN OUR HISTORY...a few bedwetters on here isn't going to buck that trend is it...get on board the train is moving.   

Edited by daveyboy66

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Would that be the business that has the most season tickets bought by our fans EVER...lets face it if our fans didn't believe in the club the majority would have fuckedoff over the last 20 years...THE FANS WANT TO BELIEVE IN THE CLUB THATS WHY WE HAVE SOLD MORE SEASON TICKETS EVER IN OUR HISTORY...a few bedwetters on here isn't going to buck that trend is it...get on board the train is moving.

https://youtu.be/tdZBnl6_Ra0

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'm not attacking the club I'm not bedwetting either, I just think it's a bad idea this one. I just looks well.....dodgy

At the end of the day, who am I to tell people how to spend there money. If you've got it and want to spend it that way. Brilliant.

I won't be.

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm not attacking the club I'm not bedwetting either, I just think it's a bad idea this one. I just looks well.....dodgy

At the end of the day, who am I to tell people how to spend there money. If you've got it and want to spend it that way. Brilliant.

I won't be.

Me Neither... but don't discount the number of wednesdayites who do

31 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

It was unfair on Brighton and Huddersfield.

Brighton sailed extremely close to FFP themselves. In fact last season looked pretty much sh*t or bust for them.

They certainly didn't get promoted on a shoestring.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38251262

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

Seems to me from the responses so far the only people interested are those that then say something like "but I can't afford it" and them that seemingly can won't touch it. 

I don't like it. The whole idea seems a bit magic beans-ish to me.

Nor do I like the £1.50 text message competitions that seem to be cropping up all the time. Just wrong.

19 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

Seems to me from the responses so far the only people interested are those that then say something like "but I can't afford it" and them that seemingly can won't touch it. 

I don't like it. The whole idea seems a bit magic beans-ish to me.

Nor do I like the £1.50 text message competitions that seem to be cropping up all the time. Just wrong.

Don't txt then it's really simple 

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Them and us?

That could be the case Geoffrey. 

My point was, that Brighton took pretty similar financial action to us in order to compete with the clubs with parachute payments.

Its undeniable, that clubs coming down from the Premier League have a big advantage; insomuch as they aren't obliged to make "all or nothing" fiscal gambles in order to achieve promotion.

8 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Quite a big difference in paying for a 3 year season ticket which I happily did. There is a fair contract in place. In exchange for my money I get to attend and see 3 seasons football that I would 99% be certain to do at a discount to the match day price, I get priority on cup tickets and away games and the other minor perk. On balance I assess this as a fair deal as have many others. Happy to give this commitment and it's win win for the Club.

However this secondary offer I am failing to see the benefit for me. I pass over money today for nothing in immediate return. Let's dismiss having a plaque with my name on as having little value in the grand scheme of things. 

So I pass over funds in return for the Club to give me season tickets at some unspecified time in the future, where I can't compare the options price wise, where there might be no legal right for me to pursue this obligation to me. 

Unfortunately I just see the deal is me being emotionally blackmailed to provide funds where someone has failed to manage the finances properly in the first place.