Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

24 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Not surprising to see the usual names having digs at the club, in particularly one that if I remember right says he doesn't even go anymore so effectively contributes nothing at all.  

Come on then conspiracy theorist,  what's the motivation for the 'negative' posts?

And this person that doesn't go any more and contributes nothing- do you know why they don't go any more? Maybe they have a perfectly valid reason- and maybe they contribute in other ways.

Guest Ash76
2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Come on then conspiracy theorist,  what's the motivation for the 'negative' posts?

And this person that doesn't go any more and contributes nothing- do you know why they don't go any more? Maybe they have a perfectly valid reason- and maybe they contribute in other ways.

No more £10 games the answer to both? 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I don't think he was conspiracy theory-ing... just pointing out we have a lot of negative nellies... though I agree about the person who may not go anymore being a daft thing to say, they could still contribute plenty 

Guest Deleted member
7 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

A guarantee on that he said it or has it?

His quote was public and has been well documented on here.

As for whether he has it, owning a tenth of the biggest Tuna business on the globe makes him a tad more comfortable than you or I.

Or even more than the Prince of Poundland for that matter.

Where did you see that he owns a tenth? 

The Chansiri family own 20% but theres quite a few of them

Very interested in your source for the Chairman owning a tenth 

Also, I've not seen the quote about spending £300m if he could anywhere before 

Edited by Deleted member

5 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No more £10 games the answer to both? 

Oh, I get it- you haven't got an actual explanation for your ridiculous post, so you just stick a moronic one liner in there.

I suppose you're not concerned at all by two consecutive days of FFP talk coming from the club then?

Guest Kameron
10 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

A guarantee on that he said it or has it?

His quote was public and has been well documented on here.

As for whether he has it, owning a tenth of the biggest Tuna business on the globe makes him a tad more comfortable than you or I.

Or even more than the Prince of Poundland for that matter.

Not being funny but there is nothing to suggest he has those sums of cash, like I pointed out there are several other things he could use to get his own cash into the club.  This is a desperate move and one that should be stayed well clear of unless you can afford to lose a few grand.  He knew the constrains, gambled and lost.  He's now asking fans to bail him out because of his own reckless spending.  Like others have said why are we not offloading players and utilising the loan market better.

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Where did you see that he owns a tenth? 

The Chansiri family own 20% but theres quite a few of them

Very interested in your source for the Chairman owning a tenth 

Also, I've not seen the quote about spending £300m if he could anywhere before 

It was you who told me Nige as we left the tanning salon.

If you don't believe his worth then that's just TUF!  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

Not being funny but there is nothing to suggest he has those sums of cash, like I pointed out there are several other things he could use to get his own cash into the club.  This is a desperate move and one that should be stayed well clear of unless you can afford to lose a few grand.  He knew the constrains, gambled and lost.  He's now asking fans to bail him out because of his own reckless spending.  Like others have said why are we not offloading players and utilising the loan market better.

I reckon it will have to come to that in all honesty but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing with some of the fringe players absorbing big wages whilst never being likely to feature.

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

If we were sailing so close to ffp then how come we bid millions for Morrison at Cardiff?

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I suppose you're not concerned at all by two consecutive days of FFP talk coming from the club then?

Not at all, FFP is real. Our level of spending seen in the last 2 years isn't sustainable, personally I'd prefer us to go down wheeling and dealing but if there are no buyers there should little we can do.

On this initiative I think everyone that can afford is capable of making their own mind up as to whether it appeals to them, it doesn't need you, MK and Ricky trying to do it for them

Is that it? A plaque with a personalised message for 1.5-2k? If we don't go up of course. But if we go up, then we get a 3 year season ticket. I keep hearing that when (if) we go up, prices can come down because we making loads of money from the Premier, but here I would be paying £500 a year in the Kop or £700 a year in the South Stand. I may as well wait till we actually get to the Premier and buy my season ticket then (I currently have one) and I will be paying something similar. The fact we are not really buying any players anymore and performances are not great doesn't give us the confidence that we will go up either.

There's not much of an incentive here. I remember Derby implementing something about a free season ticket in the Premier if they bought a season ticket and went up. It didn't work out as they didn't go up obviously. but there was still that incentive for people to buy a season ticket because you got some value for the money you paid for, but here there is very little incentive. Only people with large amounts of savings or spare cash should consider this. There will be people who can't afford it full stop, and for people who can just afford it, will they?

There are around 20,000 season ticket holders and I reckon 1,000 max will take it up, judging by the comments so far, but also people affording it and also children/students/seniors aren't going to take this up. So that's what... £2m raised? I assume VAT would need to be taken off. So that's £1.5m. That's less than a sixth of what was paid for Rhodes. Less than a fifth of what was offered for Morrison. Probably McGugan's wage for this season and last. There surely must be other ways of getting the cash than trying to extract every last penny from loyal Wednesday fans. There is nothing wrong with selling players and reinvesting. We probably need it anyway to make us a better team anyway.

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

If we were sailing so close to ffp then how come we bid millions for Morrison at Cardiff?

I would hope we were expecting a player leaving for a decent fee otherwise it was more reckless spending.  

Guest Deleted member

What this firmly does do is demonstrate to everybody with the romantic notion that ticket prices are only high til we get to the promised land -  that that is rubbish 

£500 on the Kop is  £5 more per game than this year's Kop ticket. And by buying now this is Early early early early early early early bird lol

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

What this firmly does do is demonstrate to everybody with the romantic notion that ticket prices are only high til we get to the promised land -  that that is rubbish 

£500 on the Kop is  £5 more per game than this year's Kop ticket. And by buying now this is Early early early early early early early bird lol

Depends how you look at this though, 200m (last season ) for finishing bottom of the PL this year might mean we won't be relying as much on schemes to get around FFP.

If you ask me FFP needs scrapping because constant loopholes can be created.

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

the thing is, it isn't £500 per season on the kop, it is £1500 for a plaque and 3 years worth of season tickets. I do wish they did some other benefits to make it worth it but hey-ho, a plaque can be nice. People pay for them on benches all the time, why not on seats