Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

Club News

Owls launch Club 1867 Membership

Just now

Large

Following the success of the Advance Saver Season Ticket in January 2016, the Owls are reaching out to supporters with another brand new initiative to mark the club’s 150th anniversary.

‘Club 1867’ is launched as Wednesday seek to mount a third successive promotion challenge in 2017/18 whilst staying within the confines of the revised Financial Fair Play criteria.

The EFL introduced a new set of FFP regulations ahead of last season - Profitability and Sustainability - whereby all Championship clubs can post losses of no more than £39m over a rolling three-year period.

With this in mind, the Owls will roll out Club 1867 and chairman Dejphon Chansiri is urging Wednesdayites to back the pioneering project.

Available all around Hillsborough, a bronze plaque with a personalised message will be fitted to the seat of each respective Club 1867 Member.

But get this - every Member of Club 1867 will receive as part of the package a free three-year Season Ticket, an incentive that comes to life as soon as Wednesday achieve promotion to the Premier League.

Supporters will also have the option of taking their three Season Tickets in the same term should they wish to involve family and friends.

Mr Chansiri said: “A significant part of the attraction of my purchasing Sheffield Wednesday two and a half years ago was the heritage, spirit and history of our club.

“To have a sense of those things from a distance was one thing, but to be operating right in the heart of Sheffield Wednesday is quite another.

“This is a very special club with very special people and together, we are all trying our best to reach promotion to the Premier League.

“This was and will remain my target as I have said since the day I arrived at Hillsborough.

“The last two seasons have seen us go to the brink of the Premier League, which has required a significant investment and this is my duty as owner and chairman.

“I have no problem with that and this season, I will continue do everything possible in terms of the backing I can personally give to the team.

“But as everyone knows, I cannot invest what I would like, so consequently I cannot make our dreams come true alone.

“All Championship clubs working beneath the umbrella of the EFL must do so with the boundaries of FFP in mind, but this can be difficult, and for our club, this will have an impact for each season that we stay in the division.

“We need to remain competitive at the right end of the table whilst staying within the confines of FFP and trying to compete with at least eight clubs in our division who are currently benefiting from parachute payments. So for this season, Club 1867 gives supporters the chance to be part of a unique initiative.

“The plaque inside the stadium is a personal show of pride while Membership guarantees Season Tickets for three successive years when we do secure our promotion to the Premier League.

“I pledge my absolute maximum which mirrors my complete commitment and Club 1867 gives our fans the opportunity to do the same.

“I understand that it will not be easy for everyone to join this project and I would never seek the backing of a single supporter who cannot afford to do so.

“But for those that can, all I ask is to show as much support as you can to our lovely club because I cannot take us where we all want to be on my own.

“As always, I thank every supporter for what they have done and continue to do for Sheffield Wednesday and I sincerely hope we will all enjoy the next exciting part of our journey.”

PRICES

CLUB 1867 KOP MEMBERSHIP £1,500

CLUB 1867 NORTH STAND MEMBERSHIP £1,800

CLUB 1867 SOUTH STAND MEMBERSHIP £2,100

CLUB 1867 WEST STAND MEMBERSHIP £1,500

For full details of how to purchase your Club 1867 Membership, visit swfc.co.uk in the coming days.

Edited by snaykz

Basically seems like asking the fans to loan the club cash that will be repaid if and when we both get promoted and also avoid relegation twice.

Which isn't such a mad idea, but best case is that it does happen, in which case you are still paying £26 a game, for a 3 year ST on the kop, at least an entire season before you get to use it. Worst case is we don't get promoted, in which case it's money down the drain.

The risk vs reward balance doesn't seem right to me. Especially given the financial rewards DC would be making if we did get promoted.

Guest mrbluesky

Obviously FFP is now the reality and revenue is key, not being negative but this sort of enterprise will yield very little, every last penny is being squeezed from the fans  and I understand this and with this it now appears that promotion is becoming ever more remote because of different variants.

Very worrying times on and off the pitch. 

Just now, zico.b said:

This is not good news at all.

Three year season tickets, whatever the division, were one thing

Asking for money for something that may never come.......

@Grandad and his worry about the statement that was a precursor to this looks pretty prescient sadly. 

Once in a lifetime opportunity!!! Its only £200,000,000 for a top player now and we need to be nice to their lovely agents.... And the world class facilities and catering that the new (Insert sponsor here) Stadium will deliver to you, our number 1 priority best in the world fans. 

P.s. No refunds.

Just now, AMB1867 said:

Maybe the reason for a full side in the cup was because money is so tight. 

Yep. I'm sure that's it. 

I suppose you can add spreading rumor and innuendo about the clubs financial situation to wanting Carlos sacked to your remit. 

Smells to me like the 3 year season ticket cash has been spunked away and it needs to be replaced. It smacks of Ridsdale and the bond scheme designed to counter his overspending at Leeds. 

I really hope not. 

Edited by rickygoo

Just now, rickygoo said:

Smells to me like the 3 year season ticket cash has been spunked away and it needs to be replaced. It smacks of Ridsdale and the bond scheme designed to counter his overspending at Leeds. 

Except Risdale wasn't spending his own money was he. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

No but he didn't have FFP and embargoes to worry about either. 

No he didn't. 

Being subject to an embargo is a bit different to what befell Leeds. 

As far I'm aware an embargo under FFP means not being able to sign players for certain time period. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No he didn't. 

Being subject to an embargo is a bit different to what befell Leeds. 

As far I'm aware an embargo under FFP means not being able to sign players for certain time period. 

Like I said - I hope it isn't the case.

The lack of summer spending isn't a good sign and neither is the bloated imbalanced squad which looks like a bobbar or bust effort was made last year. 

The answer is promotion I suppose but that looks tough this year. 

Edited by rickygoo

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Like I said - I hope it isn't the case.

The lack of summer spending isn't a good sign and neither is the bloated imbalanced squad which looks like a bobbar of bust effort was made last year. 

The answer is promotion I suppose but that looks tough this year. 

Well the chairman has made it quite clear on numerous occasions that he is factoring in FFP. 

Only logical that we weren't going to be adding a great deal more to the wage bill this summer unless there was a few outgoings. There haven't been hence why we have only brought in Boyd, though remember last week their were reports of a 6 million bid for Morrison and on Saturday we thought we'd tied up a deal for Djorou (who wouldn't have come cheap). 

I just look at the some of the initial responses in this thread and it all seems very much 2+2=5 again. Don't get me wrong I raised my eyebrows a bit when reading the scheme (I can't really see why anyone would go for it tbh), but once again we get so-called experts predicting financial oblivion etc. You yourself are comparing our current situation to that of Leeds over 15 years ago on the basis of what? A hunch? 

Reads to me like he's at the limit of what he's allowed to put in personally.  We have to shift some players off the wage bill.  Just goes to show the ridiculous amounts of money on offer in the Premiership if an owner can afford to write off the revenue from significant numbers of season tickets for 3 years.

Just now, Big Malc said:

Reads to me like he's at the limit of what he's allowed to put in personally.  We have to shift some players off the wage bill.  Just goes to show the ridiculous amounts of money on offer in the Premiership if an owner can afford to write off the revenue from significant numbers of season tickets for 3 years.

Quite possibly. Still don't think it's Armageddon as some would have us believe. 

In saying that I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a revamp over the next 12 months. Truth be told a bit of freshening up on the playing side this summer may have not done us the world of harm. 

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well the chairman has made it quite clear on numerous occasions that he is factoring in FFP. 

Only logical that we weren't going to be adding a great deal more to the wage bill this summer unless there was a few outgoings. There haven't been hence why we have only brought in Boyd, though remember last week their were reports of a 6 million bid for Morrison and on Saturday we thought we'd tied up a deal for Djorou (who wouldn't have come cheap). 

I just look at the some of the initial responses in this thread and it all seems very much 2+2=5 again. Don't get me wrong I raised my eyebrows a bit when reading the scheme (I can't really see why anyone would go for it tbh), but once again we get so-called experts predicting financial oblivion etc. You yourself are comparing our current situation to that of Leeds over 15 years ago on the basis of what? A hunch? 

I said the scheme smacked of the Leeds scheme. That was £500 and £100 a year off your season ticket for the next 7 years. 

All Wednesday are offering for definite is a plaque on a seat. You have to admit it's an unusual request - I hope that's all it is. 

Edited by rickygoo