Mulgrew

I can't see that it's purely a financial problem. It's probably that Chansiri doesn't want to give Carlos any more cash to spend. He's probably saving it for a new man, should Carlos get his marching orders. Losing in the play-offs was a bad defeat, and Chansiri will probably wait until January and see how things are going.

The bid we made is appalling but teams are going to take us to the bank because they know we have chucked big big money around. 

Maybe we should be looking at some premier league loans with option to buy. Worked really well in carlos' first season with Hunt, Pudil, Hooper, sasso and Lopez (although we didn't buy him). 

20 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I can't see that it's purely a financial problem. It's probably that Chansiri doesn't want to give Carlos any more cash to spend. He's probably saving it for a new man, should Carlos get his marching orders. Losing in the play-offs was a bad defeat, and Chansiri will probably wait until January and see how things are going.

If DC has reasoned as you suggest then surely he would have come to the conclusion to sack him at the end of last season.  And not faff about waiting for if's and buts to sack him a few months later.

Low end of the spectrum but about right for a 31 year old, signed on a free by a relegated club, who is I presume a decent earner (given he was a free transfer). 

I do suspect however that if this is the case, Mulgrew is not the number 1 CB target, but the first available and a bigger budget set aside for another CB...well I can hope!!

I certainly think there's something in the school of thought that DC would like Carlos to get more out of the resources he has already at his disposal and not just totally discard some like he has with the likes of Lachman, McGugan, McManaman etc.?

40 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Good point I recon but not fair on CC if it is the case cutting his hands off before he's had chance to do owt his season lol 

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Low end of the spectrum but about right for a 31 year old, signed on a free by a relegated club, who is I presume a decent earner (given he was a free transfer). 

I do suspect however that if this is the case, Mulgrew is not the number 1 CB target, but the first available and a bigger budget set aside for another CB...well I can hope!!

Fingers crossed your right 

46 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Be amazed if, after getting Carlos to stay an additional year, our Chairman won't back him. If Chansiri doesn't fancy him enough to back him again this summer, then he may as well have got shut and appointed someone new. Our Chairman ain't daft.