Mulgrew

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Well there has to be some reason. I'm sure we were told a few months ago that FFP isn't yet a problem. Unless clubs are trying to completely fleece us, and that's why we've got nobody.

Isnt everybody trying to fleece everybody?

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Be amazed if, after getting Carlos to stay an additional year, our Chairman won't back him. If Chansiri doesn't fancy him enough to back him again this summer, then he may as well have got shut and appointed someone new. Our Chairman ain't daft.

Losing to 'Udders was a bad 'un. In anybody's book. If you sack someone there has to be a viable replacement, and maybe there wasn't at the time. Offering £200 000 for Mulgrew is derisory. It's a gee-up bid, it's got to be.

If we can't get anyone in then Mulgrew backing up a rotating Loovens and Hutch for CB could be a way forward.

Mulgrew can play LB and midfield too so a handy player if thats the fee.Might be on a decent wage with Blackburn keen to get rid.

Personally, and I have my tin hat at the ready, the pursuit of Mulgrew, if true, shows a lack of ambition by the club.

This is a defining year for us, make a statement of intent, get the cheque book out and pay for an up and coming centre half, not someone who performed as a friend of mine who is a season ticket holder at Blackburn, said to me was bang average, in a poor side. 

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

And how.

Seriously?

So every selling club isnt looking to make as much money as possible on the sell?

Isnt the buying club always looking to get their player for as little as possible?

Or not? Is it the other way for some clubs. Is it the other way for every other club apart from us? Is everyone just out to fleece us and everyone else just rubs each others sacks

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Mulgrew's a good player, it's just that he was hampered with injury last term. I'd be extremely dischuffed if we sold a player like him for £200 000.

According to certain other 'members' on here this is too much.

Dont try and buy their house either

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Seriously?

So every selling club isnt looking to make as much money as possible on the sell?

Isnt the buying club always looking to get their player for as little as possible?

Or not? Is it the other way for some clubs. Is it the other way for every other club apart from us? Is everyone just out to fleece us and everyone else just rubs each others sacks

Yes, but Colinho wanting £6 million for his boy...

Well, if we splash out on real quality central defender, and Carlos really wants another one, then I could see the sense in Mulgrew Him and Boyd though, would be nowhere near enough to elevate us to automatic candidates We'd still need a top quality centre back, some energy in midfield, and real pace, either out wide, or up front

Just now, gurujuan said:

Well, if we splash out on real quality central defender, and Carlos really wants another one, then I could see the sense in Mulgrew Him and Boyd though, would be nowhere near enough to elevate us to automatic candidates We'd still need a top quality centre back, some energy in midfield, and real pace, either out wide, or up front

Well its not gonna happen obviously.  We might get a CB but thats about it.   Think of things how to inspire the squad to gain promotion that might be more productive.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Bang on, could not agree more, how ever I dont think this is going to happen, a CB, and thats your lot.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Well its not gonna happen obviously.  We might get a CB but thats about it.   Think of things how to inspire the squad to gain promotion that might be more productive.

Beat me to it.

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

Is he any good?? 

Considering a team looking for promotion to prem 100k-200k is a little bit strange. I'm now thinking have we actually got much money left over to fill the CB we so desperately need? 

Why neg the bloke for this! Just expressing an opinion!