Mulgrew

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

I can't see that it's purely a financial problem. It's probably that Chansiri doesn't want to give Carlos any more cash to spend. He's probably saving it for a new man, should Carlos get his marching orders. Losing in the play-offs was a bad defeat, and Chansiri will probably wait until January and see how things are going.

Don't think thats the case lol

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Colin wanting £6 million for Morrison at Cardiff.

Ok. Well an example of trying to fleece. We would do the same if we werent historically rubbish at selling players.

Depends how much we value him. If Lees gets injured first game he could be worth a lot more

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Ok. Well an example of trying to fleece. We would do the same if we werent historically rubbish at selling players.

Depends how much we value him. If Lees gets injured first game he could be worth a lot more

I think that people are jumping to the wrong conclusions here when they believe we've got no cash to spend...which is exactly what Wednesday want. However, whether other clubs believe it or not is questionable. The problem is that we're desperate, and we've got cash to spend. Other clubs know it, so they're putting their prices up. Our offer of £3 million for Morrison was too low...but Colin's valuation of £6 mil was too high. It's just a question of who blinks first. But I'd take Mulgrew, certainly as backup. £200 000 is a ridiculous bid, though.

Just now, Athelwulf said:

I think that people are jumping to the wrong conclusions here when they believe we've got no cash to spend...which is exactly what Wednesday want. However, whether other clubs believe it or not is questionable. The problem is that we're desperate, and we've got cash to spend. Other clubs know it, so they're putting their prices up. Our offer of £3 million for Morrison was too low...but Colin's valuation of £6 mil was too high. It's just a question of who blinks first. But I'd take Mulgrew, certainly as backup. £200 000 is a ridiculous bid, though.

Id take Mulgrew too. Just as a replacement for Sasso. Good to have on the bench due to the numerous positions he can fill. Rather have him at CB than Pudil who is our best LB. Why sacrifice your best player to play in a position he isnt that good in. If we can get him for less than 500k its probably a good deal.

Mulgrew is decent for a less than £1m but I think we need to shift some of the dead wood off the books to get the wages in proportion. FFP is going to bite us on the ar*e carrying all these passengers in the squad for any length of time.

I think we may have to sell to buy top quality at CB and Mulgrew will be cover until we get that bit sorted.

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Mulgrew is decent for a less than £1m but I think we need to shift some of the dead wood off the books to get the wages in proportion. FFP is going to bite us on the ar*e carrying all these passengers in the squad for any length of time.

I think we may have to sell to buy top quality at CB and Mulgrew will be cover until we get that bit sorted.

The trouble is nobody wants our dead wood!

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

I can't see that it's purely a financial problem. It's probably that Chansiri doesn't want to give Carlos any more cash to spend. He's probably saving it for a new man, should Carlos get his marching orders. Losing in the play-offs was a bad defeat, and Chansiri will probably wait until January and see how things are going.

Ah it's the I'll post what I hope will happen rather than reason it out...like people have said DC wouldn't have given CC another year while at the same time tying his hands behind his back...I think he'll have a good pop at it this season and then review where we are next summer 

Edited by daveyboy66

Sometimes I don't understand Wednesdayites

We spend 5 million on a player with bags of potential (Reach) with his best years ahead of him, and some complain it's too much

We offer 200 thousand for a 31 year old a club signed on a free transfer, and that club need to ship him out because they can't afford his wages, and some complain it's not enough

Football manager has a lot to answer for

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Sometimes I don't understand Wednesdayites

We spend 5 million on a player with bags of potential (Reach) with his best years ahead of him, and some complain it's too much

We offer 200 thousand for a 31 year old a club signed on a free transfer, and that club need to ship him out because they can't afford his wages, and some complain it's not enough

Football manager has a lot to answer for

We signed Lees, Westwood and Loovens on a free. They must be worth nowt as well

Buying players from your own division is never easy, and you rarely get good value. We've looked at players from Derby, bonny 'Boro, Villa and Cardiff. All those teams fancy promotion themselves, so why should they help us? It's no coincidence that neither Hooper nor FF were bought from Championship clubs.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Buying players from your own division is never easy, and you rarely get good value. We've looked at players from Derby, bonny 'Boro, Villa and Cardiff. All those teams fancy promotion themselves, so why should they help us? It's no coincidence that neither Hooper nor FF were bought from Championship clubs.

That cant make all the 200 surely.....

24 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We signed Lees, Westwood and Loovens on a free. They must be worth nowt as well

All 3 were different situations

Blackburn are deep in debt and need to get him off the wage bill

But then you know that

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

£100 k more than Derby paid for Curtis Davies who is 50 x better.

He may have had a release amount on relegation or a contract clause reducing his wages if they went down (ala Davies).

Or, we may want a rejected bid to lower market's expectations.

Either way, looks like we are much more cute this year in markey. If we get Hanley for £3 million.

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

All 3 were different situations

Blackburn are deep in debt and need to get him off the wage bill

But then you know that

Yeah. But one of your points was that they got him for free therefore must be worth less.