I say give George Hirst a chance

Give him time in pre season friendlies to see his development and what needs developing.

Send him to a league two club until January - preferably Chesterfield where it's local and we can an eye on his development.

See how he goes and if he's doing well then look to send him to league one for rest of the season and challenge his development.

Bearing that a full pre season with us, cup games and u23's again. 

Prefer the first option.

This is a catch 22 situation, apparently he isn't yet good enough, so not yet ready for first team selection, so if he continues as he is he will never be ready. The only option is to get him out on loan with an instant call back clause, I favour Chesterfield, it would only take him circa 20 minutes to get there from the family home, and SWFC could keep an eye on his progress.

2 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

This is a catch 22 situation, apparently he isn't yet good enough, so not yet ready for first team selection, so if he continues as he is he will never be ready. The only option is to get him out on loan with an instant call back clause, I favour Chesterfield, it would only take him circa 20 minutes to get there from the family home, and SWFC could keep an eye on his progress.

I'd prefer somewhere a little less bonkers personally. mk dons would be a good option, it needs to be good enough to keep the quality up, but also be a club that plays younger players.

Don't need him being dropped in any basket cases.

4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

No one is arguing he shouldn't be in the first team because he's too young. 

The argument is that he's not good enough.  Not now; not at this stage of his devolopment.  Were he to play in the champtionship now, he would struggle for lack of physical strength.  It is not the fact that he is young; it is another fact about him, which is explained by his youth. 

As Basil Fawlty said, it's not a proposition from Wittgenstein, and it's slightly alarming that this point seems difficult to grasp.

In due course, and perhaps before long, he will become good enough.  It may very well be that at today's prices in four years' time he'll be a £50m+ striker.  I think there's real prospects of that.  But none of that is relevant to today.

Plussing for the Wittgenstein reference lol

6 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Give him a run out in a few pre-season games see how it goes then get him out on loan for a season 

I'd prefer us to be getting our first team strikers match fit in the pre-season games.

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:42, StudentOwl said:

So the answer is "no" then, considering you won't directly answer the question

So the "in my opinion he's ready" is based on... absolutely nothing and just how you feel about the situation. That seems a sensible way to form an opinion. 

Or, we can trust the opinion of the professional coaches with years of training and experience that work with him regularly and see him 4/5 times a week. Man that StudentOwl and his craaazzzzyyy suggestions... :rolleyes:

You still on the whacky baccy lad ??? lol Hand it over.

On 12/07/2017 at 16:18, mrbluesky said:

Striker isn't the primary concern to be honest, my major concern is our manager thinks we only need two CB.

Didn't he say he wanted to buy 2 centre backs? So that's 4, 5 if you include Hutch. 

Guest mrbluesky
22 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Didn't he say he wanted to buy 2 centre backs? So that's 4, 5 if you include Hutch. 

I mean as in we need a full back, midfielder and a winger.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He needs a full season out on loan, he isn't ready for our first team but would benefit from competitive football.

I agree but it would be good to see him get some good and time this preseason and maybe starting a game or two.

Definitely get the lad out on loan until the new year. See how he's progressing, extend his loan if necessary and take it from there.

I've said he's not ready yet but sometimes forwards can just click and start finding the net. I think it took his Dad a while to really establish himself at Hillsborough even after his initial breakthrough.