I say give George Hirst a chance

1 hour ago, malek said:

Perhaps it is worth pointing that 6 U-23 players were in the squad for first two pre-season games, and George Hirst wasn't.

It's almost as if even last season George Hirst wasn't a regular starter in the U23's until pretty much the last couple of months of the season. It's almost as if he isn't one of the best players in the academy yet because he's still young!

(Not aimed at you, but some people seem to think that Hirst is the best player in the academy right now. Arguably he's one of/the best striker... but there are plenty of other players in the U23's that are more proficient than him, just in less exciting positions than striker!)

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

It's almost as if even last season George Hirst wasn't a regular starter in the U23's until pretty much the last couple of months of the season. It's almost as if he isn't one of the best players in the academy yet because he's still young!

(Not aimed at you, but some people seem to think that Hirst is the best player in the academy right now. Arguably he's one of/the best striker... but there are plenty of other players in the U23's that are more proficient than him, just in less exciting positions than striker!)

Very true, and I really, relly hope you are right and there is nothing else to it.

I think it's not at all as sinister as others may make out or believe

Hirst has a wealth of time-served championship quality strikers ahead of him in the pecking order and CC will have it all on to keep them happy

The simple fact is that unless 2 or 3 of those strikers move on then there will be no opportunities for Hirst

Best all round he gets fixed up with a loan deal to start carving out his professional career in order for him to genuinely challenge for first team spots here

In his position,striker,he needs to bulk up,hes nowhere near strong enough for this level,had he been a winger or a fullback hed be gradually introduced.

He needs a few extra steak dinners and nights out with his oldman to bulk up hes nowhere near ready for this league.Hes a kid.

Reminds me of tony simmons in the charlton era,he scored 40 odd goals in our reserves and youth sides one season and jack came under intense pressure to play him from the fans,so he stuck him in,and he looked promising in patches,but was way off physically and simmons ended up playing at Lincoln United part time saw him score up at stocksbridge one night.

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 11:41, theowlsman said:

More physicality required to cope with that side of the game. Had it not been for a lack of physical presence, I'd say he's ready. He knows how to score goals so 75% there

Good enough for me, big dave was on 15%

Guest RocketOwl

Watched him in a game last season on TV, he is far too slight at the moment.

Obviously a loan is the next stage of his development.

44 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Watched him in a game last season on TV, he is far too slight at the moment.

Obviously a loan is the next stage of his development.

And what when he comes back, he wont be slightly built ?!

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Dagmeister said:

Every chance that he'll bulk up as he matures. A year playing first team football at a lower level could well turn out to be a very good investment.

Exactly.