When do the Rangers tickets go on sale ?

4 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We should give them all of the South Stand and Grandstand.

Won't happen. If certain people at Hillsborough get their own way they might end up with all the North Stand though.

Unless our demand for tickets is a lot higher than the last time we played them, I would give them the full Lepp and however many they could sell on the North, again due to SYP and SAG that won't happen.

Really don't know how we used to cope with hosting many semi finals, finals and major international tournament matches, SYP and SAG would be in meltdown nowadays.

Guest Deleted member

Growing up I always preferred Celtic. Loved the shirts, loved Charlie Nicholas.

Didn't really care about the part religion played. Still don't.

Still prefer Celtic. 

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Growing up I always preferred Celtic. Loved the shirts, loved Charlie Nicholas.

Didn't really care about the part religion played. Still don't.

Still prefer Celtic. 

I preferred Celtic up to my teens: liked the shirts and they were the underdogs at the time.

Prefer Rangers now though. Largely due to the experiences I have had with their fans by contrast to the Celtic ones.

My 10 year old still talks about the last time they came, it's one of the things that led to his love for Wednesday and football. He'd never seen the away end like that and he just loved it. He's delighted they're coming back and so am I. If others want to moan and cringe then carry on, give the match a miss and go shopping or summat. Personally I'll get down early doors and enjoy the atmosphere which should be jovial and fun. Look for the little pleasures in life, makes it worthwhile. 

10 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

Make no mistake this will be proper cringeworthy

50 year old blokes, tugging themselves stupid because rangers are singing god the save queen and anti IRA songs whilst displaying union Jacks

Well that covers the Kop Band and the Leeds Scum song

6 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I've tried checking in this thread but can't see through the bickering.

Have we arranged a frindly with Rangers or not?

Yes mate. Same thing happened last time. People moan and dont go. Those that do go end up having a great experience. 

Edited by Lees Tom Cat

1 hour ago, steveger said:

From a Rangers forum...

"There's an issue with SW as they want to give us 6k tickets for the larger stand however they feel that this will upset the SW supporters. It's to be resolved tomorrow apparently."

.Which is a load of gonads IMO as we wont sell more than 10,000 for a friendly anyway...Some football fans take utter shiite

The issue isn't with SW supporters, as usual it's with SYP.

Can't see the problem myself, if needed you could get all in the Rangers fans into the North through the Leppings Lane end turnstiles (using both North Stand and Leppings Lane turnstiles simply a case of opening 2 gates) but there would be no problem with them entering through Penistone Road either, but (dread the thought) they would have to mix with home fans.

It's just another example of SYP pooing themselves at the thought of anything untoward happening at Hillsborough.

If it was up to me I would give them both the North and the Leppings and wouldn't expect any problems, the only people this appears to be a problem to is SYP (and a few anti Rangers types on here).

On 12/07/2017 at 20:51, Mr Meadows said:

Make no mistake this will be proper cringeworthy

50 year old blokes, tugging themselves stupid because rangers are singing god the save queen and anti IRA songs whilst displaying union Jacks

Don't think there will be anybody "tugging themselves stupid" however if you mean the majority of over 50s who remember IRA attacks on mainland Britain, preferring Rangers over the pro IRA Celtic I agree, a few of the comments on here against Rangers are remarkably cringeworthy to say the least. 

Ps  before anyone comments to the contrary, I'm not a sectarian Bigot and wouldn't mind a visit from Celtic either, I just by far prefer the more friendly blue half of Glasgow (a bit like Sheffield really)

1 hour ago, steveger said:

A guy on Follow Follow Rangers forum claims "Just phoned SWFC Ticket office and was told that they expect an announcement tomorrow regarding allocation and prices"

To me,it seems the same as the last time, what is pretty straight forward will be being made complicated by the morons at SYP, and Sheffield Councils SAG god help them when they have the Sheffield derby later this year too... pathetic...  IF this is indeed the case

Just my opinion, so wish our club would stand up to them  

I'd ban em all bears and pigs.lol