When do the Rangers tickets go on sale ?

7 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

So the chest thumping Union Flag wavin, opportunity to use the death of a good soldier, just to have a veiled dig at their undisputed hated enemy, was fv.ckin banter was it?  what the fv.ck did that have to do with a football friendly?  God rest Lee Rigby's soul by the way.

Rangers, and for balance, Celtic, constantly bringing politics into football where it ain't fv.cking needed.

and for whoever the TV.at was, this edit was to emphasise the point, fv.ckin does it, but flippin doesn't!

But enlighten me on the relevance to the Brexit leave vote ?

Are you saying that a pre season friendly between our 2 clubs which took place 4 years ago influenced 52 millions of our fellow Brts to democratically vote leave ?

Wow, we really are massive !

15 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

So the chest thumping Union Flag wavin, opportunity to use the death of a good soldier, just to have a veiled dig at their undisputed hated enemy, was fv.ckin banter was it?  what the fv.ck did that have to do with a football friendly?  God rest Lee Rigby's soul by the way.

Rangers, and for balance, Celtic, constantly bringing politics into football where it ain't fv.cking needed.

and for whoever the TV.at was, this edit was to emphasise the point, fv.ckin does it, but flippin doesn't!

That would be me.

Using crude language doesn't empasise anything except your anger.

The very thing you seem to be railing against.

Have another read tomorrow of your posts when you're less " emotional."

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Rangers formed in 1872, don't fall into the trap of thinking they were formed 6 years ago. SFA and UEFA all confirm it's same club. Obviously celtic have won the European cup which is better than Rangers, Rangers have 6 more leagues though not sure on Scottish cups. Think Celtic have won one or 2 more?

Possibly domestically, but then again considering the highest attendances this season have been once again against Celtic/Rangers I'm guessing it's more of a love hate relationship lol

As someone who has donated 4 figures, like many thousand others of our fellow supporters, and continues to donate and pledge towards the continued survival of my Scottish club and the paying of its historic debts, I'm not sure I can agree.

The Rangers history might be there, and it may be the same club/name, but it is a new company and new business entity and that fact is undeniable. Hearts fans saved their club, Rangers fans let theirs die.

28 minutes ago, steveger said:

The SFA and SPL saved Hearts by going easy on them after your own dodgy owner, let's not kid ourselves here...... plus the size difference is gigantic 

Celtic have been run by a new company since 1994, then again in 2001

Sheffield Wednesday have been run by a "New Company" since 1990 "Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Ltd", was Sheffield Wednesday PLC from 1900 until 1990

Steve, in what way did the SFA and SPL go easy on Hearts? 

Rangers were put into liquidation, Celtic and Wednesday weren't. the examples are not comparable. 

10 minutes ago, steveger said:

Look it don't matter, i aint having a slanging match on here about the bitterness and jealousy of Scottish football supporters, if Rangers do play at S6 i will go , i will get pissed, i will enjoy the day, couldn't give a poo about the game or result, this thread started well  then the usual suspects started with all the petty politics and negative, i respect you, hell i even like you  but you are behaving like "one of them", i will leave it at that mate as i don't wanna fall out with you....:biggrin:

Don't worry about em mate, you summed it up with one word, Jealousy. All other Scottish supporting Owls fans are jealous that anybody who went to the last match against Rangers had a fantastic time due to the friendliness and atmosphere that their fans created. No other Scottish club (or probably club anywhere)  could generate the same friendly atmosphere they created and many supporters of other Scottish clubs (1 in particular) on here know it,  they hate it and are pissed off it will probably happen again.

11 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Jealousy. All other Scottish supporting Owls fans are jealous that anybody who went to the last match against Rangers had a fantastic time due to the friendliness and atmosphere that their fans created. No other Scottish club (or probably club anywhere)  could generate the same friendly atmosphere they created and many supporters of other Scottish clubs (1 in particular) on here know it,  they hate it and are pissed off it will probably happen again.

Nail on head Sir. The only people who have a problem with this really, follow Celtic, and you can tell them a mile off!

If a big European side came over which some people are craving, Chances are theyd bring a reserve side, and definately wouldnt bring any fans.

I'd take this anyday.

42 minutes ago, steveger said:

Look it don't matter, i aint having a slanging match on here about the bitterness and jealousy of Scottish football supporters, if Rangers do play at S6 i will go , i will get pissed, i will enjoy the day, couldn't give a poo about the game or result, this thread started well  then the usual suspects started with all the petty politics and negative, i respect you, hell i even like you  but you are behaving like "one of them", i will leave it at that mate as i don't wanna fall out with you....:biggrin:

It's pointless like you say, and Steve the respect is mutual, even if we support different Scottsh teams and disagree.

Enjoy the game, the beer, and the sing song, I'm sure you'll have a grand day. I'll  definitely be giving it a miss lol

8 hours ago, ProgrammeMan said:

One positive for me is that I still have 50 half n half scarves leftover from last time 

Might buy one myself, Rangers are my favorite Scottish club, great club - great fans. WATP 

Also always had a soft spot for Dark Blues of Dundee. 

36 minutes ago, antof said:

I never realised there was such an anti Catholic vein running through Owlstalk.

Preferring Rangers to Celtic doesn't make you anti-Catholic. Any more than the other way around makes you pro IRA. 

People (rightly) complain about the sectarian nonsense that comes with the 2, yet project it themselves when blindly assuming the backgrounds, politics, religion of the respective fan bases.