When do the Rangers tickets go on sale ?

Surely we could attract a famous Italian or German team? Maybe not one of their biggest teams but one of the more historic less fashionable clubs? Like the likes of Torino, Genoa, Hamburg, Borussia Moenchengladbach, etc? I've been to Turin, and lots of people there knew about Wednesday from our top flight days and knew we had the likes of Waddle, Di Canio and Carbone. 

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

Maybe so; but I'd still like it to be a big continental team. 

They are all busy though which matches already planned. Even if you look at teams further down like Fiorentina, Lazio, Werder Bremen majority have games already arranged.

Zzzzz hope not 

I really don't get the love in for Rangers, is it just because they play in blue? And don't quote me with some religious poo .

Second rate team from Scotland, great. 

I don't know why everyone is calling it a love in, its nothing like that. Maybe its just that the Wednesday supporters that turned up that night have respect for the Rangers supporters. For a "second rate team" they showed up in huge numbers and were by far the loudest away fans Ive ever heard at Hillsborough. And remember that this was just a friendly too.

So many Wednesday fans are happy to talk our support up, but we cant get anywhere near Rangers in terms of numbers. And passing the Lee Rigby flag to the Wednesday fans to surf was a touch of class. People comment on their numbers, the noise they made, their behavior (as opposed to when Celtic came for a friendly at Brentford), their passion and the way that they interacted with the people of Sheffield

Its a shame that more Wednesay fans didn't turn up that night and made more of an occasion of it...... but maybe the people moaning are the ones who didn't attend.

8 minutes ago, 442 said:

Zzzzz hope not 

I really don't get the love in for Rangers, is it just because they play in blue? And don't quote me with some religious poo .

Second rate team from Scotland, great. 

I don't like either of them if I'm being completely honest. If I had to choose though, I'd pick Rangers over Celtic. Not based on religion either. After all, all religion is just a bunch of bobbar anyway.

For me though, if I compare the rivalry of Rangers/Celtic and Wednesday/United, I see similarities between ourselves and Rangers. For one, we are both the older, bigger, better relative of the young pretenders. Celtic supporters, similarly to United fans, are obsessed with hating their rivals more than they love their club. Don't get me wrong we have supporters obsessed with the Pigs and so do Rangers, but they have an awful lot more the other way.

As well as this, Wednesday/Rangers fans on the whole seem to be more accepted across the country than United/Celtic ones, like they are the good club and not some bitter jumped up twonks jealous of their older, bigger, better neighbours.

My two pennies if you care.

Rangers are a historic and famous club in their former entity but the new club, although it retains it's identity and impressive support, doesn't have the same stature of it's previous glorious club.

We do however have some famous Scottish links which could signify or sell the occasion such as our club mascot and nickname coming from Scottish player George Robertson presenting a real Owl mascot to the club in 1912. Plus our all time top scorer and record appearance holder Andrew Wilson was Scottish too.

The previous time we played Rangers in a friendly was a occasion that did their fans proud, with numbers and vocal support but in terms of the here and now Rangers are no longer the draw they were and it wouldn't be a marquee friendly fitting to represent our 150th anniversary. However, it's difficult to say who would? And our 100th anniversary was marked by playing Pele's Brazilian club Santos, I think?

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

Guest Manwithastick
24 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I don't know why everyone is calling it a love in, its nothing like that. Maybe its just that the Wednesday supporters that turned up that night have respect for the Rangers supporters. For a "second rate team" they showed up in huge numbers and were by far the loudest away fans Ive ever heard at Hillsborough. And remember that this was just a friendly too.

So many Wednesday fans are happy to talk our support up, but we cant get anywhere near Rangers in terms of numbers. And passing the Lee Rigby flag to the Wednesday fans to surf was a touch of class. People comment on their numbers, the noise they made, their behavior (as opposed to when Celtic came for a friendly at Brentford), their passion and the way that they interacted with the people of Sheffield

Its a shame that more Wednesay fans didn't turn up that night and made more of an occasion of it...... but maybe the people moaning are the ones who didn't attend.

But most don't give a shinyshite about the away fans. I go to watch Wednesday play the opposition on the pitch, not waank myself silly about 

how many they've brought, how loud they are, what bloody flags they've got. And on that score Rangers is NOT a box-office friendly.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Rangers are a historic and famous club in their former entity but the new club, although it retains it's identity and impressive support, doesn't have the same stature of it's previous glorious club.

We do however have some famous Scottish links which could signify or sell the occasion such as our club mascot and nickname coming from Scottish player George Robertson presenting a real Owl mascot to the club in 1912. Plus our all time top scorer and record appearance holder Andrew Wilson was Scottish too.

The previous time we played Rangers in a friendly was a occasion that did their fans proud, with numbers and vocal support but in terms of the here and now Rangers are no longer the draw they were and it wouldn't be a marquee friendly fitting to represent our 150th anniversary. However, it's difficult to say who would? And our 100th anniversary was marked by playing Pele's Brazilian club Santos, I think?

I don't get this "doesn't have the same stature" bit

If Wednesday had had to go down the same route, and we very nearly did

Would we have felt any less stature as a club?

I for one wouldn't