When do the Rangers tickets go on sale ?

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bit of a dull team if it is Rangers, not exactly got any quality players in their team. Would hope we will be playing a better team than that as our big home pre season fixture. 

Won't all the better teams have there players away on international duty 

9 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Won't all the better teams have there players away on international duty 

Surely has to be a team more attractive than a team from Scotland made up of players that have mainly failed to cut it in other leagues. 

Who's to say we haven't got anything arranged for that weekend July 29th/30th ? It's under 3 weeks away and the club are leaving it very late to organise anything, along with the silence over the new kit it's been poor and it's understandable why fans are getting wee wee.ed off ......Come on Wednesday ffs !

6 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Rangers are a historic and famous club in their former entity but the new club, although it retains it's identity and impressive support, doesn't have the same stature of it's previous glorious club.

We do however have some famous Scottish links which could signify or sell the occasion such as our club mascot and nickname coming from Scottish player George Robertson presenting a real Owl mascot to the club in 1912. Plus our all time top scorer and record appearance holder Andrew Wilson was Scottish too.

The previous time we played Rangers in a friendly was a occasion that did their fans proud, with numbers and vocal support but in terms of the here and now Rangers are no longer the draw they were and it wouldn't be a marquee friendly fitting to represent our 150th anniversary. However, it's difficult to say who would? And our 100th anniversary was marked by playing Pele's Brazilian club Santos, I think?

Nope. Santos was years later. We played Fulham on a Wednesday night In a league game in 1967. Half price entry. Won 4 2. I was there as a 5 year old.

Lack of celebration was down to general manager Eric Taylor being ill apparently.

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

For me though, if I compare the rivalry of Rangers/Celtic and Wednesday/United, I see similarities between ourselves and Rangers. For one, we are both the older, bigger, better relative of the young pretenders. 

As well as this, Wednesday/Rangers fans on the whole seem to be more accepted across the country than United/Celtic ones, like they are the good club and not some bitter jumped up twonks jealous of their older, bigger, better neighbours.

My two pennies if you care.

I'm willing to bet I've been to more Rangers/Celtic games than 99% of the people on this forum.

My two pence:

I don't like either of them but it can be argued that Rangers are neither older (1888 v 2012), bigger (in terms of trophies won, crowds, or turnover) or better than Celtic (because their current team is poo and a million miles behind their rivals).

And I'd say that Rangers and their fans are probably hated just as much as Celtic domestically.

Edited by edinburghowl

7 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Nope. Santos was years later. We played Fulham on a Wednesday night In a league game in 1967. Half price entry. Won 4 2. I was there as a 5 year old.

Lack of celebration was down to general manager Eric Taylor being ill apparently.

Cheers for the info, would've loved to have been there and at the Santos games but it was long before my time, excited about this year's anniversary

I don't like either of them if I'm being completely honest. If I had to choose though, I'd pick Rangers over Celtic. Not based on religion either. After all, all religion is just a bunch of bobbar anyway.

For me though, if I compare the rivalry of Rangers/Celtic and Wednesday/United, I see similarities between ourselves and Rangers. For one, we are both the older, bigger, better relative of the young pretenders. Celtic supporters, similarly to United fans, are obsessed with hating their rivals more than they love their club. Don't get me wrong we have supporters obsessed with the Pigs and so do Rangers, but they have an awful lot more the other way.

As well as this, Wednesday/Rangers fans on the whole seem to be more accepted across the country than United/Celtic ones, like they are the good club and not some bitter jumped up twonks jealous of their older, bigger, better neighbours.

What a load of bollo@@s you daft old sod.

I don't like either of them if I'm being completely honest. If I had to choose though, I'd pick Rangers over Celtic. Not based on religion either. After all, all religion is just a bunch of bobbar anyway.

For me though, if I compare the rivalry of Rangers/Celtic and Wednesday/United, I see similarities between ourselves and Rangers. For one, we are both the older, bigger, better relative of the young pretenders. Celtic supporters, similarly to United fans, are obsessed with hating their rivals more than they love their club. Don't get me wrong we have supporters obsessed with the Pigs and so do Rangers, but they have an awful lot more the other way.

Crikey 

10 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I'm willing to bet I've been to more Rangers/Celtic games than 99% of the people on this forum.

My two pence:

I don't like either of them but it can be argued that Rangers are neither older (1888 v 2012), bigger (in terms of trophies won, crowds, or turnover) or better than Celtic (because their current team is poo and a million miles behind their rivals).

And I'd say that Rangers and their fans are probably hated just as much as Celtic domestically.

Nowt to be proud of, they're both Champ/ League 1 sides