How much do you value the rivalry?

I was kind of hoping that they would get Brentford first up because they are exactly the type of Championship club that will put them firmly in their place from the outset. I can see that fixture letting them know exactly the difference between the Championship and League One.

Either way whatever happens the blunts will Actually think they are world beaters and are better than us. 

1. We win both and promotion we can stick 2 fingers up at them and enjoy.

2. They win us atleast once we get promoted they'll more than likely say "yehrr you went up but we still better we beat you we should be there instead"

3. They beat us twice we fin above them they brag still think their better. 

Whatever the outcome the delusional blunts will still think they are destined for prem. brain dead  pain in assssss fans not needed 

1 hour ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I hope we stuff 'em twice in the league then get drawn against 'em in both cup competitions and stuff 'em twice more just to show the impudent little twohats who really owns the city. Then to cap off a perfect season we get promoted as champions while they are relegated with a lower points haul than rovrum last season. Apart from that I ain't really bothered lol .

Why can you only plus things once...

:ghoulguy:

Never look forward to the games as nothing in it for us except 3 pts. Always more important for the junior club in Sheffield as it is all they have to play for. If we lose we just shrug our shoulders and move on if they lose it is excuse after excuse player, refs etc. 

Always in our shadow and their fans just cannot get their heads around it.

All that been said would like to beat them 5 - 0 just so we could stop singing that BDM song from nearly 40 years ago, needs an update!

It's nice to have and imo our only rival game back.

The week leading up to it families stop talking, at work it's banter and football talk, mates begrudge each other, the night before all fans feel sick.

After the game one set are estatic and will rib you until the next Derby, the other fans try and find an excuse then it settles with both looking to overtake each other in the table.

Nowt beats the Steel City Derby, there is no other rivalry for me.

Bring it on I've already started disliking certain family members. 

The derby and the pigs mean less than f**k all to me. 

Its an inconvenience having to play them to be honest. The only thing they cling to is the all time head to head. Sad little cretins. 

If football ceased to exist tomorrow history would say we are the bigger and more successful club and it kills them. 

There are generations of pig fans past and present that have never seen them win a major trophy in 92 f***ing years. That's 92 years folks!!

For them that's grandad, son and grandson watching them do absolutely nothing in the game. That recent roll of honour they did was an absolute cringe fest. 

Forged in steel? More like spawn from turds. 

But they are coming for us. I'm bricking it lol

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

I like the banter - when it's friendly.

I like beating United - and being one of only c.3,300 Wednesday fans to witness, live at both stadiums, Wednesday doing the double over United for the only time in a century, is only second to winning the cup in 1991 for me.

I hate losing to United.

I hate United - really would not miss them if they went bust.

But, Wednesday doing well if first and foremost - if we lose to United twice and win promotion, I wouldn't care less about those Sheffield derby games. And that is the difference between us and United, who have a large number of fans who would take relegation so long as they beat Wednesday twice. Crazy mentality, but they're an interesting bunch over at S2!

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I like the banter - when it's friendly.

I like beating United - and being one of only c.3,300 Wednesday fans to witness, live at both stadiums, Wednesday doing the double over United for the only time in a century, is only second to winning the cup in 1991 for me.

I hate losing to United.

I hate United - really would not miss them if they went bust.

But, Wednesday doing well if first and foremost - if we lose to United twice and win promotion, I wouldn't care less about those Sheffield derby games. And that is the difference between us and United, who have a large number of fans who would take relegation so long as they beat Wednesday twice. Crazy mentality, but they're an interesting bunch over at S2!

They'd only be interesting to someone studying a Petri dish lol . Amoeba are much more interesting than that stain on humanity.

It's not the be all and end all of our season. We could lost to them twice and we come too 2 and I won't care one bit and say if we beat them twice and ended up out the play offs I'd find this season to be dissapointing.