No matter what league teams are in

Villa will always be bigger than Birmingham 

Forest always bigger than Country 

United always bigger than City 

Arsenal bigger than Spurs 

Liverpool always bigger than Everton 

And Wednesday will ALWAYS  be bigger than Pigs 

Its a kudos thing..And that's the thing they know but can't handle 

Just like an annoying little sister they were formed by the same people as us, had our hand me downs (knickname etc) and they have always resented us for being Sheffields and Yorkshire's 1st born league club, so although they are just another club, it is nice to shut their annoying little mouths and rub their noses in it . Personally U hate l**ds scum more and though I have been to S1 many times & even celebrated on their end after Hirst's awesome equaliser, I have only seen the two beam backs since the filthy pig fans threw bottles of pizz.

UTO!

23 minutes ago, samowl said:

In a nutshell 

No matter what league teams are in

Villa will always be bigger than Birmingham 

Forest always bigger than Country 

United always bigger than City 

Arsenal bigger than Spurs 

Liverpool always bigger than Everton 

And Wednesday will ALWAYS  be bigger than Pigs 

Its a kudos thing..And that's the thing they know but can't handle 

Bloody hell, support levels for the England team have reached an all-time low!

:duntmatter:

10 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The derby and the pigs mean less than f**k all to me. 

Its an inconvenience having to play them to be honest. The only thing they cling to is the all time head to head. Sad little cretins. 

If football ceased to exist tomorrow history would say we are the bigger and more successful club and it kills them. 

There are generations of pig fans past and present that have never seen them win a major trophy in 92 f***ing years. That's 92 years folks!!

For them that's grandad, son and grandson watching them do absolutely nothing in the game. That recent roll of honour they did was an absolute cringe fest. 

Forged in steel? More like spawn from turds. 

But they are coming for us. I'm bricking it lol

Spawn from turds hahahaha tickled me that one :duntmatter:

Obviously promotion (preferably automatic) is the main aim.

But we all know that if finish 3rd and don't up and they finish 4th bottom and take a minimum of 2 points off us, they would celebrate it like they had been promoted. 

For me, we need promotion and a minimum of 4 points off them to  to keep them quiet and put them back in their place, if this was to happen we wouldn't be hearing all the poo they are currently spouting.

We and most of them (except the severly deluded) already know we are far better than them. But we need to show this not only in league positions but  also on the pitch against them for next season to be a truly great season.

I love the rivalry, but hope we do the double get promoted and never meet them again. UTO!

Edited by OWL1969

2 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

I've never been one of these Wednesday fans that have been mad about derbies or get upset, lose sleep and so on because you've lost to United.

I used to think regardless of never really wanting to lose to them, that this city needs two clubs doing well.But how they dealt with the Ched Evans saga all those years ago really peed me off. So, I was like let them have their time down there for a couple of season, never thought it would be 6 (?) seasons down there.

So, last season went along and I was like, yeah let them come up now, this city needs two clubs doing well. The way they went about it gave me a little respect for them, they won the league and got to 100 points.

But to re-sign Ched Evans after what the guy has done or not done, is just so morally wrong. Yes, his conviction has been quashed, but he did bad things that night and his bad things, whilst being morally wrong, has also cost United millions after it cost them promotion. How on earth can a club re-sign a player who has done something morally unaccaptable and that has cost the club a fortune. Has the club got no self respect and no respect for its fans after what the lad has done.

Therefore, I would love to take 6 points off them and see them go back down. What a god awful thing to do.

It's a myth that Evans cost United promotion, had he not been charged with rape he would almost certainly have left the Blades in the January window, United as a club failed to cover the worst case scenario regarding the trial & left themselves short of strikers, instead relying on an unfit out of form Beattie...even then, Evans DID play in the one game that would have meant automatic for them had they just but drawn the match, the game against us at Hillsborough Evans played but you wouldn't have known it as just like the rest of their team he didn't show up when it mattered so no mate, United have only themselves as a club to blame not Evans for not getting promotion, even a second chance playoff final they managed to find a way to stuff it up.

They have half a dozen championship failures and the rest made up of the creme of the pub league and below on a budget that makes our relegation budget a few years ago look generous . Should be six points plus an extra point for lowering ourselves to play them . They're coming for us in the same way as we're coming for Chelsea . We will be at worst play offs while at best they'll take a couple of points off us , finish twentieth and decide that everyone loves them and rent another taxi to take them around the small part of sheffield that is theirs . 

45 minutes ago, cross owl said:

They have half a dozen championship failures and the rest made up of the creme of the pub league and below on a budget that makes our relegation budget a few years ago look generous . Should be six points plus an extra point for lowering ourselves to play them . They're coming for us in the same way as we're coming for Chelsea . We will be at worst play offs while at best they'll take a couple of points off us , finish twentieth and decide that everyone loves them and rent another taxi to take them around the small part of sheffield that is theirs . 

They're closer to us than we are to Chelsea, I can see them doing at least as well as Barnsley have since they come up, I think Wilder is the real deal for them, a perfect fit, they'll do OK in my opinion & if they struggle against relegation I'd be surprised...mind you, I've expected them to come up for the last six years so what do I know...I like Wilder though, I think he's genuine & we'll just have to wait & see if his philosophy works in the Championship...the derbies are one off games, anything can happen regardless of current form or league position.

They have a worse team now going into the championship than the one that got relegated level bottom on points when there wasn't the amount of money and rich owners than there is now . The derbys are one offs but over a season wilders perchant for buying up the creme of champ failures and bottom league players will have other clubs with low budgets seeing them as thrre for the taking . So now I've said that they'll probably end up top two lol

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

I don't value it at all as a league fixture, we have to be in the second or third tier to compete with them, I don't mind a cup match but my ambition is Premiership football, somewhere that they are very unlikely to strut their stuff.

Bet it was the 1st match 95% of Wednesdayites looked for 1st.  Also the matches we want to win the most, Promotion is obviously the most important thing, but anyone who says the Derby matches don't matter is either lying or in a very small minority. The only club we have a real 2 way rivalry/hatred with and one of England's top (if not the top) Derbies.