How much do you value the rivalry?

Guest everydays_wednesday
4 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

The thing that really matters is the final league position. The points available are worth the same as in games against all the other clubs.

Still want to beat them though.

Luckily I rarely come in contact with any blades so it is easier for me.

Don't worry....most of the population of GB don't come into contact with them.....so you are not alone.

I'd quite happily lose both games if it meant us finishing in the Top 2. The rivalry's fierce from their side as for us I don't think we give that much of a to$$ about them.

Our attitude to your Toytowns and Dingles is a litttle similar and this is what upsets them as they all try to build up a rivalry that just isn't there.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I'd quite happily lose both games if it meant us finish in the Top 2. The rivalry's fierce from their side as for us I don't think we give a to$$ about them and I think that's our attitude to your Toytowns and Dingles too and this what upsets them as they all try to build up a rivalry that just isn't there.

Saying that we don't give a throw about them is an flat out whopper of a lie.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Saying that we don't give a throw about them is an flat out whopper of a lie.

I probably pay a bit more attention to United than others because I've got like most of us United supporting mates but come on we're not as bothered about them as they are about us. They beat us and the all area around Bramall Lane will be called Wilderville whereas we don't even name a stand after our derby heroes :rolleyes:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

22 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I probably pay a bit more attention to United than others because I've got like most of us United supporting mates but come on we're not as bothered about them as they are about us. They beat us and the all area around Bramall Lane will be called Wilderville whereas we don't even name a stand after our derby heroes :rolleyes:

We're just as bothered about them as they are of us. This topic and many other threads where references to United are made are evidence of that.

We hate them, they hate us. You're a liar if you say anything different than that.

Guest The Claw
6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don't like them getting above their station. I love beating them.

But I'd take losing too them twice if it meant we make top 6.

Id lose to them 2 if it meant them going down :tango:

54 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We're just as bothered about them as they are of us. This topic and many other threads where references to United are made are evidence of that.

We hate them, they hate us. You're a liar if you say anything different than that.

I'm lying then :wacko:

9 hours ago, MOwl said:

So this year we play United (at long last...) but how much do our fans value the rivalry anymore?

Would you accept - hypothetically - them doing the double over us but we finish top 6? 

Or do we have to beat them this year? As a matter of pride?

Personally im not that fussed. It'd be good to beat them but theyre just another team for us to get 6 points against to make sure we go up now. 

What rivalry, you think they can rival us?

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I'd quite happily lose both games if it meant us finishing in the Top 2. The rivalry's fierce from their side as for us I don't think we give that much of a to$$ about them.

Our attitude to your Toytowns and Dingles is a litttle similar and this is what upsets them as they all try to build up a rivalry that just isn't there.

A rivalry that just isn't there?...if that's your personal view then fine but you're way off if you think the majority don't give a throw.

Sheffield football rivalry is one of the fiercest in Britain if not the world, we've never shut up about the Boxing Day game for nearly forty years, there is genuine hatred amongst some of the fans & yes, while I'd take two losses if it meant promotion it would still hurt to lose those games, being top dogs in the city is a MASSIVE thing & I hate it if we're below them in any way, personally I don't hate them, never have but rivalry, you better believe it's there.

I have good friends who are blades and love talking about football..people come before football.

Theyre just getting a bit caught up in the hype and dizzy about the future.

I will hate everything about their horrible little fkn club on derby day tho....i think despite the reality of the situation they want revenge for mind the gap..and whatever anybody thinks the build up for the match will be starting soon.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

37 minutes ago, qantas said:

A rivalry that just isn't there?...if that's your personal view then fine but you're way off if you think the majority don't give a throw.

Sheffield football rivalry is one of the fiercest in Britain if not the world, we've never shut up about the Boxing Day game for nearly forty years, there is genuine hatred amongst some of the fans & yes, while I'd take two losses if it meant promotion it would still hurt to lose those games, being top dogs in the city is a MASSIVE thing & I hate it if we're below them in any way, personally I don't hate them, never have but rivalry, you better believe it's there.

I'm well aware there is a rivalry between us and them, I'm just saying they are more bothered about it than we are. We're more bothered on the day of a derby naturally, they're more effected by it 365 days a year. 

The lack of rivalry in my original post was directed more towards Rotherham and Barnsley. If I do get pi$$ed off about one thing in particular about United it's more about what they claim they've achieved in the past, usually before everyone else but I think this is probably more driven by the club rather than the fans? Anyway regardless of what happens in the Sheffield derbies next season, for us it's all about finally ending our exile from the premier league IMO.

Never used to have much of an issue with Blades yes always wanted to beat them but just like every team, recently the attitude of their fans has changed they have really tried to build up a rivalry as they had nothing else, and diverted attention from years in the pub league. I still think back to the shame they brought to Sheffield Football by falling in to Division 4.

Of course they now have a shiny Division 3 trophy to polish, oh how I wish they had done the double and won the Johnsons paint cleaner trophy as well, Blades embarrassing Sheffield since 1889.

I personally think the games matter more to them.

Do I want to beat them? Yes, but ....I always want us to win.    To me it seems the be all and end all to them to win these games, no matter what.    Should we finish above them, if they have beaten us, even just once - they use that as the yardstick.   

They could beat us once or twice next season, we go up, they go down and they would still use it to say they are the bigger and better team.    I kid you not.