Abdi linked with Fulham move

21 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I'm still hoping Abdi will come good for us!!

Me too. A injury free pre-season and he should be back to his best. Hope he's given a shot, and hope he knuckles down and shows us the quality he has got. A refreshed Abdi could become an important player for us. It would be foolish to strengthen promotion rivals.

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Nah. We played the 7th placed team in a friendly, with 8 reserves and 3 guys playing for fitness.

Totally irrelevant.

You missed out 50% of game we only had ten players, but other than that... this!! 

Can see him moving.

CC doesnt haven't clue how to use him - why would he stay?

If we bring another 4/5 players in his opportunities could be come even more limited.

He has been wasted here - its very frustrating and he will no doubt do well elsewhere, but if he moves it's probably best for all parties all the while CC is manager here.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

he'd would have to be fit to sell - you never know what the picture is with this guy. Last time i saw him in February holding his arm which apparently was a shoulder injury - no idea what's happened since.

Be great if he reported fully fit at the end of this month ready for the pre-season games.

8 hours ago, marcx666 said:

oh good, because it seems their lovely football had them finish 2 places below us and lose in the playoffs semis like us, only not even on pens, so Ill stick with our style and not worry about our reserve side being beaten on the last day of the season by a beautiful footballing team, in a game no one cared about :manager:

Why not have their style with our budget and players? 

8 hours ago, Chardron said:

Hope he gets to play wherever he is next season. CC has mugged him right off.

'Mugged him right off'!? When did Owlstalk turn into a budget Vinnie Jones film?

:duntmatter:

I imagine Carlos is more frustrated than anyone other than Abdi himself with the way Abdi's Wednesday career has turned out thus far. He was our marquee signing last summer, and looked tailor-made for the way Carlos likes to set up his midfield. Unfortunately, his early appearances left a lot to be desired - he looked off the pace and struggled to make the impact that everyone will have been hoping for. Clearly he had fitness issues as he ended up being sent to complete his own 'mini pre-season' during the autumn, but he never really found his rhythm on returning to the team, suffering injury setbacks which resulted in him having to end his season early and undergo surgery.

I'm sure Carlos would like nothing more than for Abdi's fitness and injury issues to be over and for his team to finally benefit from one of his major signings of last summer.

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I know most on here scoffed when Fulham narrowly beat us here in that last game, but they were streets ahead of us. He has them playing some great football, full of pace and technically very good. What did you think of them?

We played our second team and even so they werent streets ahead.

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I know most on here scoffed when Fulham narrowly beat us here in that last game, but they were streets ahead of us. He has them playing some great football, full of pace and technically very good. What did you think of them?

lol

10 changes. 

Carlos has used him in two ways.

Six games as a RM or LM - Pl. 6. W2. D1. L3

Four games in CM - Pl 4. W1. D1. L2

Ten games is not a big sample, but thats a simply awful set of results compared to the rest of our season. 11 points from 10 games. 

Not the player we thought we were buying? 

Wrong to use him wide or in a central two? 

Not particularly tough oppos. I used the games where he played at least 45 minutes - Villa H, Norwich, Burton, Leeds twice, Brentford H, Wigan H, Brum, Cardiff, Forest. 3 aways, 7 homes.

Subbed at HT in 3.

Subbed 60-65 minutes in 4.

Subbed 75 minutes once.

Played 90 minutes in 2. (First two games of the season)

57 minutes ago, Animis said:

he'd would have to be fit to sell - you never know what the picture is with this guy. Last time i saw him in February holding his arm which apparently was a shoulder injury - no idea what's happened since.

Be great if he reported fully fit at the end of this month ready for the pre-season games.

He's had surgery on his knee.