Abdi linked with Fulham move

14 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If we're not going to play him, Fulham would be an excellent move for him. He'd be play for his old manager and the type of slick football Fulham play would suit him perfectly

Sauce ? 

38 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Quite, and increased discussion amongst Owls' fans on OT will in turn will lead to more supporters to click on to HITC. It also makes them appear to be a more credible source, in part due to the title of this thread. The link is tenuous at best. In a nutshell, HITC are concerned about the number of clicks not the truth.

If there's one website I'll never be visiting after all the nonsense stories that have made their way onto this forum, it's HITC.

I don't know why anyone still treats their 'stories' as anything more than a laugh.

19 hours ago, marcx666 said:

yet finished below us in the table, and lost in the semis just like us, so what is the point exactly?

I think the point is that Fulham battered some teams with their attacking qualities , home and away this cannot be denied . On their day they are a joy to watch , hmm can we say the same about us really ?? Not really can we ?? 

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 00:36, gurujuan said:

I know most on here scoffed when Fulham narrowly beat us here in that last game, but they were streets ahead of us. He has them playing some great football, full of pace and technically very good. What did you think of them?

We did the double over two promoted sides and finished higher in the league, so I would say we were a better team than Fulham.

15 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I think the point is that Fulham battered some teams with their attacking qualities , home and away this cannot be denied . On their day they are a joy to watch , hmm can we say the same about us really ?? Not really can we ?? 

We most definitely were not a joy to watch last season.

And the only team we battered all season was Norwich

Fulham were quite slow burners and took a while to get going

We have a better squad than them for sure - their resources aren't in the same ballpark as ours now

But pound for pound they made a lot more of their resources than we did of ours

Abdi deserves a chance and no point moving him on as we'd probably lose a couple of million anyway and might as well use him.Keep him and Hooper fit for most of the season and our chances of automatics must go up 20-30%.

14 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Abdi deserves a chance and no point moving him on as we'd probably lose a couple of million anyway and might as well use him.Keep him and Hooper fit for most of the season and our chances of automatics must go up 20-30%.

This. Missing Abdi, Lee and Hooper for so much of the season made much more of an impact than I thinkI most people realise (including me) realised.

4 minutes ago, SBOwl said:

This. Missing Abdi, Lee and Hooper for so much of the season made much more of an impact than I thinkI most people realise (including me) realised.

Yeah guilty of that too.Once Hooper and Lee came back we were transformed more than i imagined.

I know Carlos put a lot of our poor displays down to missing Hooper and could see his point although he still had enough resources to play better.

A far better start and those 3 fit for 90% of the season and we'd have been really challenging for auto's.Same scenario for the season ahead really.Abdi needs that central role even if at Bannan's expense.

47 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Yeah guilty of that too.Once Hooper and Lee came back we were transformed more than i imagined.

I know Carlos put a lot of our poor displays down to missing Hooper and could see his point although he still had enough resources to play better.

A far better start and those 3 fit for 90% of the season and we'd have been really challenging for auto's.Same scenario for the season ahead really.Abdi needs that central role even if at Bannan's expense.

I agree, but it was never really clear to me how we intended to use Abdi. Was the intention to use him in a midfield three?

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I agree, but it was never really clear to me how we intended to use Abdi. Was the intention to use him in a midfield three?

Has to have been a central role of somekind as he prefers playing there so must have got guarantees he'd be there when possible.He must have known Bannan is a favourite and won't often get dropped.

Think he was happy enough playing on the right wing if he couldn't get a central slot at times though.Watford planned to ditch their wingers for full backs which is ultimately why he left.

Central or on the wing i'm happy enough just to have him in the team.Abdi RW and Bannan Central/Abdi Central and Bannan rested were the intentions i suppose with Abdi resting when Bannan central and a winger in his place.

Edited by sMacLean

28 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Has to have been a central role of somekind as he prefers playing there so must have got guarantees he'd be there when possible.He must have known Bannan is a favourite and won't often get dropped.

Think he was happy enough playing on the right wing if he couldn't get a central slot at times though.Watford planned to ditch their wingers for full backs which is ultimately why he left.

Central or on the wing i'm happy enough just to have him in the team.Abdi RW and Bannan Central/Abdi Central and Bannan rested were the intentions i suppose with Abdi resting when Bannan central and a winger in his place.

He said so in his post signing interview - said reason for leaving Watford and joining us was we'd given him assurances he would be played in the centre of midfield.

23 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

very true

15 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

very true

Get Abdi playing , fully fit and in central midfield  With Hooper in front of him   with some pace down the wings then things may start to click . This coming season has to be the one for us , third time lucky isn't it !!!!