Abdi linked with Fulham move

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Hutch at CB does the trick.

Glenn can't last forever and it gets us back to having two CMs.

It does - CC on record as agreeing too.

As/when/if CC ever gets the MF right then I expect Hutch to return there.

Agree re Loovens - he's probably got one more decent season in him and we need to start planning for the future at CH

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The point was, that they played lovely football that day, that's all Didn't say they should have won the league or anything like that

You did say they were 'streets ahead of us', ignoring the fact we finished a few points and a couple of places ahead of them in the league.

Not sure why you are trying to be so negative about us and positive about them based on one game that meant nothing to us given the amount of changes we made. Yes, they passed it about nicely but they beat our reserves by 1 goal when we had 10 men for 45 minutes. Over the course of the season we did better than them.

10 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

i dont care about the suitability of our players to their next club...

if he's leaving us i dont give a poo personally if his new club suits him or not.  him or anybody else.

In Abdi's case he is clearly a capable player at this level and I hope he has a positive pre-season, gets into CC's plans and hits the ground running with us next season.

Generally I don't begrudge players the chance to move on and do well somewhere else unless they have been a complete cun* with us (yes Bothroyd I do mean you) but I don't want to see any player move onto be a major part of a team that could be a direct rival to what we are hoping to achieve. 

These players who join us midway through a season, I don't get why they get levelled as a bad signing so soon.   It's harder to move mid season and make an impact.

Judge players like Reach and Abdi next season by all means.   They've had chance to settle in to not just a new area (if they moved) but into a different system, different setup.

I'd be a bit peeved to have never seen the Abdi we were told we were getting, especially if some other team got it and he helped them to promotion.

1 minute ago, salmonbones said:

These players who join us midway through a season, I don't get why they get levelled as a bad signing so soon.   It's harder to move mid season and make an impact.

Judge players like Reach and Abdi next season by all means.   They've had chance to settle in to not just a new area (if they moved) but into a different system, different setup.

I'd be a bit peeved to have never seen the Abdi we were told we were getting, especially if some other team got it and he helped them to promotion.

Abdi signed for us in July. 

4 hours ago, vulva said:

To get our money back and big wage off the books would be a huge plus. Based on performances, effort and what I've seen of his ability, we've dropped a right clanger here. 

You are being a little too harsh.

Unlike Bannan and Lee (granted latter's not had the chance) he has proven himself at the top flight.

He is the level we need if we are to get out of this league.

He'll come good when someone here knows how to utilise him properly and gives him a decent run in the side.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Abdi's a good player but unfortunately last season was a write off for him for various reasons, one IMHO that Carlos didn't know how to fit him in to the framework of the side and I'm struggling to find of a way how this will change unless Carlos changes the formation and tactics of the side which I don't seem him doing as 4-4-2 has seen us going close the last two seasons.

2 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

ok you got me there but he's not had anything other than disjointed appearances.

True. Hopefully he can get over his injuries this summer and we'll finally see the best of him in a Wednesday shirt. Last season must have been incredibly frustrating for both him and Carlos.

I'd like to see Abdi come back here and play like Almen Abdi rather than Kenny Lunt in our system. He looked a completely different player at Watford.

But if we are restricted financially and there is a question mark over him then it may be worth moving him on. He clearly has a lot of ability but other than the first game against Villa where he got involved I've not really noticed him on the pitch and we can't afford to "accommodate" too many players in a formation.

If were ok financially/FFP then by all means keep him, give him another go and strengthen again, without boosting a rival.

Guest We Shall Overcome
12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It was a reserve match.

Anyone taking notice of the Fulham match makes as much sense as thinking Matias was going to have a great season because of the pre-season in Portugal.

Guest We Shall Overcome
12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It was a reserve match.

Anyone taking notice of the Fulham match makes as much sense as thinking Matias was going to have a great season because of the pre-season in Portugal.

Was it our reserves against Huddersfield as well?.

Guest We Shall Overcome
2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

It does - CC on record as agreeing too.

As/when/if CC ever gets the MF right then I expect Hutch to return there.

Agree re Loovens - he's probably got one more decent season in him and we need to start planning for the future at CH

Loovens has got one good season in him, no wonder we are still in this league, When will it all end?.

Guest We Shall Overcome

Richest Owners in our history, and supporters are still peddling players like, Loovens, Semedo, Nuhiu etc etc, FFS!!!!!  

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Their job is to increase clicks on HITC, not Owlstalk!

:duntmatter:

Quite, and increased discussion amongst Owls' fans on OT will in turn will lead to more supporters to click on to HITC. It also makes them appear to be a more credible source, in part due to the title of this thread. The link is tenuous at best. In a nutshell, HITC are concerned about the number of clicks not the truth.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

23 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

Richest Owners in our history, and supporters are still peddling players like, Loovens, Semedo, Nuhiu etc etc, FFS!!!!!  

Err... I know your a wind up merchant but this is a thread about Almen Abdi?