2011: 15th league 1

2012: 2nd league 1

2013: 18th championship

2014: 16th championship

2015: 13th championship

2016: 6th championship

2017: 4th championship

what's your problem?

Can you please put level of spending at the side of each year in question so as we can make an honest assessment 

1 hour ago, The Claw said:

what's your problem?

We didn't learn from last year and recruited very poorly...

should have been ours this year but hey ho...at least we tried and took part.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I'm a frapper - frustrated clapper.

Im unbelievably delighted with overall progress, and looking forward to another season, but terribly frustrated with throwing away such an opportunity so predictably and feebly.

For me this is down to the coach. Poor tactics and negative decisions have cost us

For me I hope Carlos stays on the condition we revert to attacking pacey football that lifts the crowd. We need some fast wingers who can get the ball into Rhodes...on paper we have the best striker in the league the objective must be to supply him with opportunities. Play like that and the support all be huge and vociferous irrespective of whether we go up or not...uto

2 hours ago, The Claw said:

what's your problem?

It looks good, that sequence, but how many different managers were involved? If that were the progress made under a single manager I would give them a 5 year contract on the spot. But it's not. Several different managers fell by the wayside in getting us where we are today.

Now I'm not saying sack Carlos, but sometimes a manager or head coach gets us to a certain level and then progress stalls. They run out of ideas, inspiration, motivation whatever, but they get to a point where they've taken us as far as they can and then we need someone new, with fresh ideas and a different approach.

As to whether Carlos has reached that point, that's another discussion.

49 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Just think if we go up automatic next season in our anniversary year and United go down.

Remember, God's a Wednesdayite  after all.

Hope I'm revisiting this post this time next year and plussing it to death lol

2 hours ago, David1867 said:

Looks great on paper, but you are missing the fact that we just folded again in the playoffs. We probably won't get a better chance and we bottled it. 

This 100 times. We'll never have a better chance. We blew it. Bottled it dare I say.

Part of the equation is quite simple really, we have the best strike force in the division, including the ones that have gone up, in Rhodes, Fletcher, Winnall, Forestieri, Hooper. Nuhiu, Joao. All good in the air (all have other attributes obviously) but we just don't get enough crosses in. Winnall was the leading headed goal scorer when we signed him so what do we do? Play it to his feet. Wingers needed next season and the focus has to be to play to our forwards strengths.

Hinchcliffe and Wayne Andrews summed it up perfectly after the game 

Basically saying we have top players at our disposal but Carlos doesn't have a worthwhile game plan .

He puts the players out there and hope that one of them can produce something

In my opinion any manager worth his salt could have achieved what Carlos has done with the tools at his disposal and probably more

And Id bet not one manager would have set up like he did for the Huddersfield games

Edited by the monk

Last year we were so happy to finish just in the play-offs at 6th.

At the beginning of this year we would have been so happy to have solidified and finish 4th. Don't forget at the beginning of the year we'd have thought Norwich would have been far better than they turned out to be, and Villa may have been also.

Next year is the big year. No falling back. It's the first year that we'll have proper expectation that we could feasibly finish top 2. Give CC another year. If we're not top 2 then get rid. But as the OP says, we've got better every year since 2011, so why not stick with the task in hand.

29 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Huge outlay on transfers, to a large extent wasted.

Questionable tactics at best.

Shockingly dull football to watch.

Not moans, just valid opinions shared by many.

Cant really argue with the first statement, but those "questionable tactics" and "shockingly dull football" have guided us to 4th place in an incredibly tough league, with the added expectation from our success the year before.

Careful what you wish for.

We don't have the players to play the way some people want us to.

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

Hinchcliffe and Wayne Andrews summed it up perfectly after the game 

Basically saying we have top players at our disposal but Carlos doesn't have a worthwhile game plan .

He puts the players out there and hope that one of them can produce something

In my opinion any manager worth his salt could have achieved what Carlos has done with the tools at his disposal and probably more

And Id bet not one manager would have set up like he did for the Huddersfield games

Spot on

Apart from Wayne Andrews unless he's changed colour.

lol

2 hours ago, Mishowl said:

The problem for me is:

The aim was promotion and we failed.

We are as boring to watch now as we were under Grey.

Millions and millions wasted on bang average players that are on long contracts and are in the twilight of their careers.

Far too heavily reliant, given the money spent, on the squad Grey put together on a shoestring.

Failure to address the obvious weaknesses in the squad.

No balance to the side.

Insisting on playing certain players regardless of formation resulting in square pegs in round holes.

Refusal, on the face of it at least, to give other players a chance.

I don't believe CC will take us up.

Maybe I'm a moaner or baybe I just view what is success differently to others.

This is spot on.

I can deal with the loss and having to wait another season as long as these things are acted upon. Penalty shootouts might as well be a coin flip for what good they are anyway.

We have to realise our mistakes and set them right in order to progress.

Edited by OwlofOliveGrove