for the moaners

Guest The Claw

Just now, SiJ said:

Bit of a knobbish response. 

Come back to discuss like an adult once you've gotten out of the spoiled brat mentality and put your toys back in the pram.

Says the one throwing insults.

Pot kettle black.

Just now, owls66 said:

Says the one throwing insults.

Pot kettle black.

Said your response was a bit knobbish. 

Still - if you want instant gratification then perhaps you chose the wrong club to support. 

18 minutes ago, ramone said:

The under-use of Buckley/McManaman was baffling. Completely agree with you there. Should have been utilised more. Especially given we never got a tune our of Adam Reach all season. Having these 2 sat on the bench was bizarre. 

Having Buckley and McManaman on the bench wasn't baffling because they weren't there.....that was the most baffling thing along with bringing on Nuhiu who even his most ardent fans would admit is never a move to score a goal, merely to defend what we have....which was nothing!

26 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

There isn't any problem with the moaners. 

It doesn't matter what Wednesday do. 

They'll just cry moan and biitch anyway. 

Absolute rubbish.

Just now, SiJ said:

Said your response was a bit knobbish. 

Still - if you want instant gratification then perhaps you chose the wrong club to support. 

I fail to see how us finishing 15th in League One (under a completely different regime) as anything to do with us as a club now. i'm sure Chansiri doesn't either.

Yes we have progressed as a club, no one is denying that. However, forget points totals for a minute, what about the way we have thrown away any chance of promotion by some of the most inept performances in recent memory. But I guess losing to Stevenage a few years back makes that okay.

What as the past got to do with us now?

Isn't that the point though. 

Two years into Chansiris tenure and we've come on leaps and bounds. 

With his investment and ambition we've gone from mid-table at best to legitimate promotion contenders.

Yeah, we've fallen at the final hurdle twice now, but we ain't that far off making the break through. 

Im sure they'll be a thorough review of what it's going to take to get us there. Whether that's a new coach, new players or whatever. 

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Where to start, Rotherham at home penalty decision, Blackburn at home disallowed goals???

I know that you can come up with incidents that may balance things out but to say we've had no luck???

Preston players deciding to reenact a Friday night in Preston town centre outside our penalty area.

38 minutes ago, Ian said:

If he's aware that we need better players at the back why does he insist on getting the ball to them at every possibke chance?

Free kick 40'yards from goal....pass it back to Lees 

Thrown in on the 18 yard line.....get it back to Loovens

the issue with him for me is that in a 90 minute game we create say 8-10 decent attacking situations in a game which could easily be up to 15 if we didn't sacrifice attacking possibilities with a chance of losing the ball for guaranteed possession amongst our back 4

With regards to defending.

Irrelevant question...

3 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Pull it to pieces? You need to get over yourself mate....it's called a different opinion.

No its not. Every team has different targets. Do you think Burtons aim was promotion? Do you think Burton have had a successful season? Our aim was promotion and that's a fact. If you ask the players of any team, they want to win. So everyones aim is to win the league. Why play otherwise? Our aim was promotion yes. The chairman has noted that he isn't naive to believe that we can pick and choose when we go up. It might take another 5 years. 

We've been dreadful to watch this season and I've got a season ticket. How many times have we played well? Does that matter? We finished 4th in the league. We've played effective, winning football. I cant complain at a 4th place finish.

And what about Huddersfields's spending? What about it? Do you remember Huddersfield spending 9 million on Nakhi Wells? 

Loovens? Hutchinson? Not sure what you;re getting at here? Are you suggesting Loovens is a weakness? A man that has played a part in us equaling the club record for clean sheets 3 years on the trot? 

If you understand what a balanced side looks like I can't help you. I know what a balanced side looks like yes. 

Tactics? Don't make me laugh. We all saw his tactical nouns in the semi. Its 'nous' by the way - Yeah, it was nearly a tactical masterclass. One slip cost us a goal and ultimately, took it to pens. Just unlucky that for me. 

I don't know but I know players that have been out of form have continued to be picked. Probably with no other alternatives at his disposal. I'm assuming you;re taking about Bannan here? Who for me, had to play because of Lee's injury. He made is mind up about McGugan from the off and I like the stance he's taken. If you dont do as i ask, you dont play. Fair do's. Its strong management. Abdi, not sure what happened there but i'm surely Carlo didnt not play him out of spite. Niggly injuries were used as an excuse. Not sure myself, just dont think he bought into the way Carlos wants to play. Again, fine with that. 

That's my opinion and I will stick with it until proven wrong. What has gone on pre the DC millions has no relevance on CC's failure.

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I'm a frapper - frustrated clapper.

Im unbelievably delighted with overall progress, and looking forward to another season, but terribly frustrated with throwing away such an opportunity so predictably and feebly.

Not often i agree with you Holmowl....but this is the most sense you have ever made to me. This seasons playoffs where a real chance and certainly a better chance than last seasons. As you have put, we literally threw it away. 

7 hours ago, slinger208b said:

I don't see the point of subjective criticism of what Carlos could've done with these tactics or those selections.

No one knows for sure even with hindsight. The manager does what he believes he needs to. Second leg pre match interview he indicated he needs hutch to protect the defenders.

He's aware that better players are required at the back but there were no players available "within the parameters".

For a first season in English football I think he did pretty damn well, second season was trying to adjust to the competitiveness of reputedly the most difficult league to be promoted from.

Over the course of two seasons he tried different things to reach whatever goals were set which we aren't privy to.

He's trying to learn and adapt yet still managed to improve on last season.

Maybe another manager would have done more with the players or time scale but how long would that have lasted? Would they have achieved stability and improvement? 

Would they portray such a likable and open personality?

With Carlos the evidence suggests we have a pretty decent all round package as a manager and coach and in my opinion has held his own in the fire pit of English football.

I firmly believe in stability, Carlos has delivered this so we should offer him the same in return...

I am convinced the squad we now have could be used in two or 3 different formations. 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 even 4-3-3 dependind on circumstances,.

There are more than enough players.

Carlos sticks to 4-4-2 with only small tweeks. Wagner said before the games 'we know what to expect, the way they play doesn't change'.

Carlos has to take responsibility for that. If he stays he will need a more flexible approach if he is to succeed next time.

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

I am convinced the squad we now have could be used in two or 3 different formations. 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 even 4-3-3 dependind on circumstances,.

There are more than enough players.

Carlos sticks to 4-4-2 with only small tweeks. Wagner said before the games 'we know what to expect, the way they play doesn't change'.

Carlos has to take responsibility for that. If he stays he will need a more flexible approach if he is to succeed next time.

He's hardly ever played a set formation...

3 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

There isn't any problem with the moaners. 

It doesn't matter what Wednesday do. 

They'll just cry moan and biitch anyway. 

Blimey, a post from you with more than one sentence. Are you feeling OK? Go and have a lie down and plan your next ridiculous 5 word post....

My thoughts exactly two fantastic season a financial secure and stable club , form where we were two years ago  if some had said you will reach the play off final one season and the top six again the season after I would have snatched there hand off , think about what we have now and go again next season  WAWAW

Guest Kameron

What is the reasoning for playing FF,Hutch, & lee when without them we'd been on fire.  There is absolutely no justification for it, none of the three were anywhere near fit enough yet CC saw fit to play them at such a crucial stage in the season.   We went from battering Newcastle a few weeks previous to what was seen on Wednesday night because of the changes CC made, both tactical and personnel, the players aren’t to blame for missing penalties, supporters aren’t to blame for questioning the manager, the chairman isn’t to blame for his manager spending 20 million quid yet deciding Nuhiu is the man to save the season.  There is one man to blame for us not heading to Wembley at the end of the month and he should hold is hands up and say he got it wrong, I don’t accept Huddersfield were the better team, we  threw away a very good chance because CC didn’t have the b*LLocks to go for it.

Edited by Kameron