2011: 15th league 1

2012: 2nd league 1

2013: 18th championship

2014: 16th championship

2015: 13th championship

2016: 6th championship

2017: 4th championship

what's your problem?

Ridiculous to compare without any context.

You're comparing a season where we'd been almost bankrupt for 10 years and very nearly went out of business to a season where we have much better players and have that much cash that there are rules preventing us spending lots of it.

As a club, yes I'm very grateful for the state we're in thanks to Mandaric and Chansiri. But on the pitch, the manner in which we surrendered our promotion push 

is unacceptable considering the money spent, players at our disposal and quality of opposition.

You wouldn't say Chelsea should be grateful they finished 10th last year by comparing them with their early 90's counter-parts would you?

4 hours ago, The Claw said:

2011: 15th league 1

2012: 2nd league 1

2013: 18th championship

2014: 16th championship

2015: 13th championship

2016: 6th championship

2017: 4th championship

what's your problem?

I know it's ifs and buts but I'm convinced Gray would have done even better had he not got the push (cruelly imo) and benefited from the multi millions subsequently given to CC. You just have to look at the team CC put out 2 nights ago to realise that money appears to have been largely wasted. That was Gray's team! Would Gray have spunked those 30+ millions and ended up with the team he started with 2 seasons prior? 

Plus the clappers can't claim after this season that the football we have played has been any better than it was under Gray.

Edited by Almat

we know what we get with carlos and it's not very exciting but if he stays I don't think there's any reason why we wont be in contention next season .......we could get a new man in who may or may not be as successful .he could well look at the squad and think "no these arnt for me" and build his own side which would probably be take a season or two to achieve with no guarantee that it will be any better .....it's tough decision for chansiri

3 minutes ago, Almat said:

I know it's ifs and buts but I'm convinced Gray would have done even better had he not got the push (cruelly imo) and benefited from the multi millions subsequently given to CC. You just have to look at the team CC put out 2 nights ago to realise that money appears to have been largely wasted. That was Gray's team! Would Gray have spunked those 30 millions and ended up with the team he started with 2 seasons prior?

Yes I was very disappointed that SG got the chop. His negative style has been levelled against him to mitigate the decision but I thought he deserved a crack with the increased resources.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we know what we get with carlos and it's not very exciting but if he stays I don't think there's any reason why we wont be in contention next season .......we could get a new man in who may or may not be as successful .he could well look at the squad and think "no these arnt for me" and build his own side which would probably be take a season or two to achieve with no guarantee that it will be any better .....it's tough decision for chansiri

Only a fool would decimate our current squad. I don't expect DC to recruit a fool if CC goes. Some new recruits, some will go as normal. Change of approach is the key IMO be it CC or someone else.

19 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

Ridiculous to compare without any context.

You're comparing a season where we'd been almost bankrupt for 10 years and very nearly went out of business to a season where we have much better players and have that much cash that there are rules preventing us spending lots of it.

As a club, yes I'm very grateful for the state we're in thanks to Mandaric and Chansiri. But on the pitch, the manner in which we surrendered our promotion push 

is unacceptable considering the money spent, players at our disposal and quality of opposition.

You wouldn't say Chelsea should be grateful they finished 10th last year by comparing them with their early 90's counter-parts would you?

I dont think there was any comparison made between the seasons. I think they were simply pointing that we had progressed year on year since 2011. The fact we've spent some money over the last couple of seasons is just synonymous with the progress we have made. 

37 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

Agree with you on every point (who'd have thought eh :ph34r:)...but apart from it just being 'nice', what does him being likable benefit us as a team? Ferguson was a real c*nt.

Just examples of my point, not to be taken out of context by isolation...

Just now, Dagmeister said:

Only a fool would decimate our current squad. I don't expect DC to recruit a fool if CC goes. Some new recruits, some will go as normal. Change of approach is the key IMO be it CC or someone else.

There lies the problem with a managerial change. The last 2 years count for nothing and its a start again process. Any new manager will want money and to put his own stamp on the squad. Not sure thats whats needed... 

I'm in favour of stability. We have a good manager with good players. you also need a bit of luck along the way and this season we didn't have any at all did we... 

Just now, steveger said:

Thing is we now have the potential to attract the "right man" our club will be looked upon as a potential destination for much higher profile and "better" managers and coaches after the exposure we have had in the last couple of years and the drive Mr C has for this club......

Who that man is i haven't got a clue though... I just know we can do much better...

Been saying this for a while - this a dream job now! We have a chairman who has massively indulged CC, allowed him to effectively freeze out players who collectively could be costing the club circa 7 million a year in wages, gave him multi millions to spend etc. I don't think a lot on here realise the calibre who will now be very interested in us whereas previously they wouldn't even given us a second thought.

And here's another thought - I don't believe CC realises quite how lucky he is here but may do a few years down the line. Will he ever get a chairman as supportive/uninterfering as DC in the future? Not a chance.

2 minutes ago, steveger said:

Thing is we now have the potential to attract the "right man" our club will be looked upon as a potential destination for much higher profile and "better" managers and coaches after the exposure we have had in the last couple of years and the drive Mr C has for this club......

Who that man is i haven't got a clue though... I just know we can do much better...

that's the rub though who is the right man ,who do we attract someone who's been round the block like Pardew .someone who proved he can get a club out this league like that scot lad who was at Norwich ,a up and coming one like smith at Brentford  or another johnny foreigner .

1 minute ago, ramone said:

There lies the problem with a managerial change. The last 2 years count for nothing and its a start again process. Any new manager will want money and to put his own stamp on the squad. Not sure thats whats needed... 

I'm in favour of stability. We have a good manager with good players. you also need a bit of luck along the way and this season we didn't have any at all did we... 

I would certainly dispute that point!

Just now, ramone said:

Really? Go on

Where to start, Rotherham at home penalty decision, Blackburn at home disallowed goals???

I know that you can come up with incidents that may balance things out but to say we've had no luck???

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

How many times did Brum hit the woodwork at S6? We've had some crazy good luck this season!

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Where to start, Rotherham at home penalty decision, Blackburn at home disallowed goals???

I know that you can come up with incidents that may balance things out but to say we've had no luck???

I was more referring to injuries etc. We've played all season with our influential players on the sidelines for half of it

Just now, ramone said:

Needn't be the case. Some managers/coaches are adept at maximising current resources. It should not be a given that a new man can dismantle totally what is already there. I'm certain that DC would impress this upon a new man if there is a change. I personally think that it was style rather than luck that had the biggest impact this season.

I'm 60/40 in favour of a change so wouldn't be distraught if CC remained but I'd expect a change in style/approach/tactics.

Just now, ramone said:

I was more referring to injuries etc. We've played all season with our influential players on the sidelines for half of it

Oh,maybe I missed the point. Yes injuries have been a bit devastating.

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

the rovrum pen was blatant ......but i'd agree I don't think we can put how our season panned out down to bad luck ....