for the moaners

Guest The Claw

I wonder if anyone at the club (CC included) realised when the team sheet went up that (apart from the enforced Fletcher for Hooper) it was the same team that played at Wembley last season? Surely there would have been some raised eyebrows amongst the backroom staff? What did Chansiri think about it I wonder?? Did HE realise?

Edited by Almat

2 hours ago, slinger208b said:

He's hardly ever played a set formation...

I agree that the formation switches at times during ganes to 3-5-2 when attacking .

It is a solid 4-4-2 with 2 banks of 4 when defending which has been most of wof the time this season.

The only time I saw that change was v Rotherham 

As Wagner said 'the way they play doesn't change'.

Doesent feel like progress tbh we are still in the same boat as last year except we capitulated a game early this time around ,where's the progress in that scenario ,as of now

we are level on points with the rest of the league and stariting at the bottom ,

The bottom line is that we weren't good enough.  The squad needs consolidating by getting rid of those who haven't featured (we all know who they are).  This would leave sufficient budget available for a few (probably 4 or 5) key signings, in the positions we all know need to be strengthened.

For me the Huddersfield games in the play-offs were a microcosm of the entire season.  We flattered to deceive and over the two games, even though Huddersfield, over the season struggled to score, they looked far more creative and aggressive in midfield, knew how to stifle our game and albeit it ended up being the penalty lottery, I thought they looked stronger and fresher throughout most of the extra time period.  Of course with typical German efficiency, they won the shoot out.

If Carlos stays, he needs to come up with a plan A and a Plan B (one that doesn't involve a last resort substitution of Big Dave)!  Proper wingers playing on the correct side so they can cross from the by-line, a box to box midfielder in the Carlton Palmer mould and proper service for whoever plays in the front two.

Edited by Kevan
typo

12 hours ago, slinger208b said:

Which Carlos addressed from the first season so give him a chance to adjust from this season's leanings...

He addressed nothing. We have wasted a season with shocking recruitment with minimal improvement. His substitutions are bizarre and he seems to find it difficult to drop his favourites.

5 hours ago, Kameron said:

What is the reasoning for playing FF,Hutch, & lee when without them we'd been on fire.  There is absolutely no justification for it, none of the three were anywhere near fit enough yet CC saw fit to play them at such a crucial stage in the season.   We went from battering Newcastle a few weeks previous to what was seen on Wednesday night because of the changes CC made, both tactical and personnel, the players aren’t to blame for missing penalties, supporters aren’t to blame for questioning the manager, the chairman isn’t to blame for his manager spending 20 million quid yet deciding Nuhiu is the man to save the season.  There is one man to blame for us not heading to Wembley at the end of the month and he should hold is hands up and say he got it wrong, I don’t accept Huddersfield were the better team, we  threw away a very good chance because CC didn’t have the b*LLocks to go for it.

My thoughts entirely pal

5 hours ago, Kameron said:

What is the reasoning for playing FF,Hutch, & lee when without them we'd been on fire.  There is absolutely no justification for it, none of the three were anywhere near fit enough yet CC saw fit to play them at such a crucial stage in the season.   We went from battering Newcastle a few weeks previous to what was seen on Wednesday night because of the changes CC made, both tactical and personnel, the players aren’t to blame for missing penalties, supporters aren’t to blame for questioning the manager, the chairman isn’t to blame for his manager spending 20 million quid yet deciding Nuhiu is the man to save the season.  There is one man to blame for us not heading to Wembley at the end of the month and he should hold is hands up and say he got it wrong, I don’t accept Huddersfield were the better team, we  threw away a very good chance because CC didn’t have the b*LLocks to go for it.

hard to argue against any of that .....

We should look at our last two end of season results which was a play-off final and a play off-semi final. People are moaning because it was expected that we'd progress to a position where we can achieve that extra step which would lead to our promotion. Finishing in any position within the playoffs is meaningless due to the nature of how it works - 6th can beat 3rd despite the points difference..Spending tonnes of money to end up in what is ultimately the same position of ending up in the play offs despite the team we lost to spending far less won't make people feel better. We can't just pointlessly bring up the results of the past to ridicule those who aren't happy with the end result. It's just ridiculous when we can bring up any past position in an attempt to claim that people can't criticise SWFC. "Oh we spent tonnes of money and finished 2 places higher without actually progressing our style of play and playing those who were meant to improve us? Better bring up the fact Alan Irvine was poor and Dave Jones didn't improve our league position."

11 hours ago, ramone said:

Here it is again... 'The other 3 teams in the play offs' - What of it? 3 of the teams this season achieved more points this season than the teams in the play offs did last season. It was far more difficult this year than it was last year.

Judge it on a teams performance over the 46 game season, not their team name or what they've done in the last 10 years. The teams were there on merit and more so than last season. 

So its acceptable a team like Huddersfield with a budget not dissimilar to Rotherham and made up of loan players should play us off the field.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

So its acceptable a team like Huddersfield with a budget not dissimilar to Rotherham and made up of loan players should play us off the field.

They finished on the same amount of points as us. Fair game

7 hours ago, Kameron said:

100%

7 hours ago, Kameron said:

Post of the week, sums it up perfectly.

8 hours ago, Kameron said:

Thread ender if ever I saw one. I would hope even the most hardened clapper couldn't really find anything in this post worth arguing against. 

23 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Hate the 'we bottled it' statements. Why can't we just say we weren't good enough on the night?

Carlos bottled it with his negative and inept tactics.

we had a much better squad than Udders but they had the better manager on the day, 

16 hours ago, Kameron said:

Is it possible to agree with this but also congratulate Carlos and the team for the season and be confident in their ability to sustain a challenge next year?

I think/hope/pray that CC, the players and the club will have learnt from this. 

We have got a strong squad that must feel like Brighton did last year "How the F are we not going to Wembley?" They know by now what to expect in this division and could react really well,

combining an ability for grinding out  results with stronger more positive performances. 

Am a fan of CC but he looked depressed from the moment Wallace went off and he does need to take a long hard look at those two crunch matches HULL/Hudds where he chose not to lose by playing Hutch instead of going for the win. The future for SH is surely in a back 3, CH or protecting the back 4 in a 3 or 5 man midfield. He's not mobile enough to be CM in a 4:4:2.

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet