for the moaners

Guest The Claw

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Agreed mate. If you look at the season as a whole, had we not used 3 cm to play in a 4 man midfield we might even have troubled the top 2.

I still believe a change of manager is needed. 

THIS ! as soon as i saw the teamsheet on wed i knew we'd fail ( miserably too) and so it turned out unfortunately, just wish others (including the most IMPORTANT one) could see this 

Building a club to go up to the Premiership and stay up is harder than putting together a team that gets promotion and then drops back down, especially with the history we have, the recent huge bag of sheiiite we were in, the ground we see as home and the competition that gets stronger each year.

We are building and developing on firm foundations. Patience. And let's see what next season and the 150th year brings. Very happy with how we are doing.

4 hours ago, The Claw said:

2011: 15th league 1

2012: 2nd league 1

2013: 18th championship

2014: 16th championship

2015: 13th championship

2016: 6th championship

2017: 4th championship

what's your problem?

I don't think many people are moaning.

People are just disappointed that 1. we needed to beat Huddersfield at home and Reading at Wembley to get promoted - on paper, there won't be an easier route for some time, and 2. the football, whilst it has had relative success, it led to our downfall in the end and with the attacking options in the squad, a more attacking approach might have seen is playing a level above next season.

If you look at the bigger picture then we are making progress. 

Sadly we just didn't show up in the game that mattered, though ironically we were a spozzy og away from sneaking through. 

Think the style of play has been a hindrance and also a positive. In an ideal world we'd strike a balance between this and last seasons style. 

Think we need a bit of a refresh playing staff wise and I'm not too sure about CC despite having huge respect for him. 

Still - it's a damn sight better than it was two years back. 

4 hours ago, The Claw said:

2011: 15th league 1

2012: 2nd league 1

2013: 18th championship

2014: 16th championship

2015: 13th championship

2016: 6th championship

2017: 4th championship

what's your problem?

I'm in the middle as far as the outers and clappers and I look at things realistic. Yes we've steadily improved but 5 seasons out of those 7 we didn't have DC's wealth behind us. We spent more cash in those last two seasons than we have in the last 20 even if you look at your stats respectively including inflation of prices. Yes we've won more and finished higher progressively, but it's all relative to what we've spent, not how we've utilised those assets. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

My names Bob and I am a Moaner.

I am moaning because we could have been promoted this season with the squad we have. The quality of football has been dire at times and when I have watched other Championship football on TV, many have been more entertaining, with players trying to play decent football and attack.

Why have the crowds been quiet for long periods ? The answers obvious, they have not liked what they are watching.

New manager needed.

3 hours ago, slinger208b said:

I don't see the point of subjective criticism of what Carlos could've done with these tactics or those selections.

No one knows for sure even with hindsight. The manager does what he believes he needs to. Second leg pre match interview he indicated he needs hutch to protect the defenders.

He's aware that better players are required at the back but there were no players available "within the parameters".

For a first season in English football I think he did pretty damn well, second season was trying to adjust to the competitiveness of reputedly the most difficult league to be promoted from.

Over the course of two seasons he tried different things to reach whatever goals were set which we aren't privy to.

He's trying to learn and adapt yet still managed to improve on last season.

Maybe another manager would have done more with the players or time scale but how long would that have lasted? Would they have achieved stability and improvement? 

Would they portray such a likable and open personality?

With Carlos the evidence suggests we have a pretty decent all round package as a manager and coach and in my opinion has held his own in the fire pit of English football.

I firmly believe in stability, Carlos has delivered this so we should offer him the same in return...

Agree with you on every point (who'd have thought eh :ph34r:)...but apart from it just being 'nice', what does him being likable benefit us as a team? Ferguson was a real c*nt.

2 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

lol auto or via the playoffs and we failed miserably on both counts.UTO

Hmmmm failing miserably would have been a 16th place finish.

We got to play offs and gave ourselves a chance. Thats all you can do in my opinion and thats where the expectations end for me. 

28 minutes ago, ramone said:

I read this comment and couldn't wait to pull it to pieces... 

Far too heavily reliant, given the money spent, on the squad Grey put together on a shoestring. SG signed Westwood/Lees and Lee. Thats about it. Sorry, but 3 players dont carry a team to 4th on the table (especially when 1 of them was out for half the season. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SG also signed Hutch.

Jones signed Lee.

Technically Jones signed Loovens, but SG gave him his debut as Jones was sacked in between.

#unnecessarypedantry :ph34r:

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Hmmmm failing miserably would have been a 16th place finish.

We got to play offs and gave ourselves a chance. Thats all you can do in my opinion and thats where the expectations end for me. 

Fair enough mate but given who the other three teams were in the playoffs I at least expected a better showing than what we gave.

Just now, Owl At Risk said:

Far too heavily reliant, given the money spent, on the squad Grey put together on a shoestring. SG signed Westwood/Lees and Lee. Thats about it. Sorry, but 3 players dont carry a team to 4th on the table (especially when 1 of them was out for half the season. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SG also signed Hutch.

Jones signed Lee.

Technically Jones signed Loovens, but SG gave him his debut as Jones was sacked in between.

#unnecessarypedantry :ph34r:

You know what I mean - my point still stands.

Just now, Andoverowl said:

Fair enough mate but given who the other three teams were in the playoffs I at least expected a better showing than what we gave.

Here it is again... 'The other 3 teams in the play offs' - What of it? 3 of the teams this season achieved more points this season than the teams in the play offs did last season. It was far more difficult this year than it was last year.

Judge it on a teams performance over the 46 game season, not their team name or what they've done in the last 10 years. The teams were there on merit and more so than last season. 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

You know what I mean - my point still stands.

Of course, hence my last line in the comment.

I guess my main issue is not with accuracy your reply, but with the sentiment that the original statement appears to imply that it is a bad thing that we have some really good players who have now been with us 2+ years. I chose not to ask the poster that though because I'm a n0b.

Just now, Owl At Risk said:

Of course, hence my last line in the comment.

I guess my main issue is not with accuracy your reply, but with the sentiment that the original statement appears to imply that it is a bad thing that we have some really good players who have now been with us 2+ years. I chose not to ask the poster that though because I'm a n0b.

Hahaha - Its not a bad thing at all is it. I think he was pointing out that the personell Carlos has brought in haven't been up to scratch. My point was, our team has 4 or 5 players that have been there a while. The rest have been brought in by Carlos and they have taken us to the next level. So his point is invalid straight away... 

hey ho