Udders Forum slagging off Owlstalk

5 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

Some of our fans are making us look like right idiots by what they post on other clubs forums. We look obsessed.

Totally agree.

First time I've ever looked this past couple of weeks and gobby and arrogant are a couple of other words I'd use for some of our fans taking the time to create accounts and log in on other clubs' forums.

They obviously think it makes them look clever while it makes us all look like belltips.  I can only go by what I see on here and I don't see many others doing it (unless they're blocked maybe) which makes me cringe even more.

I've been scanning the Huddersfield forum over the past few days. I really don't get where our "arrogant" tag comes from which we have thrown at us from them and our porcine neighbours. For the most part I find Wednesday fans to be well grounded. A palpable desire to get back to the top for sure but in no way is there a sense of entitlement. Maybe I'm biased but I just don't see how we are seen by other clubs as arrogant.

33 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

I've been scanning the Huddersfield forum over the past few days. I really don't get where our "arrogant" tag comes from which we have thrown at us from them and our porcine neighbours. For the most part I find Wednesday fans to be well grounded. A palpable desire to get back to the top for sure but in no way is there a sense of entitlement. Maybe I'm biased but I just don't see how we are seen by other clubs as arrogant.

I can only think of one arrogant lot

8 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

Some of our fans are making us look like right idiots by what they post on other clubs forums. We look obsessed.

I agree 100%, then everyone ends up in tears when someone says something back. 

Twitter is the worst for it. Absolutely embarrassing. 

37 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

To be perfectly honest, it does show sometimes. Some posters on here talk as though it was a god given right to roll over Huddersfield. Many are talking about who the best option in the final is before we've even dealt with the semi final. Then there is this embarrassing term "tinpot". I wish that word could disappear back under the stone it came from. And the continuous obsession with attendances - Sheffield Wednesday have gone through some pretty low ebbs over the years (ask some of the long termers on this forum what attendances at Hillsborough were like during the seventies).

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

To be perfectly honest, it does show sometimes. Some posters on here talk as though it was a god given right to roll over Huddersfield. Many are talking about who the best option in the final is before we've even dealt with the semi final. Then there is this embarrassing term "tinpot". I wish that word could disappear back under the stone it came from. And the continuous obsession with attendances - Sheffield Wednesday have gone through some pretty low ebbs over the years (ask some of the long termers on this forum what attendances at Hillsborough were like during the seventies).

Agree with this. We are a big club but so what - the only real entitlement comes from points in the table and right now the aggregate over 2 legs. Udders won't roll over and why should they.  I remember the 70s and we were terrible. I also remember (just) the late 60s, as well as a decent team in the 80s and very good team in the early 90s.  It means nothing other than the memory of what's gone, and a sense of some injustice at the way it happened.  I think this feeds into a sense now that it's just time we were back up - it's like being close to the front of the queue and getting impatient. I'm sure everyone realises that if we're going to do it then we have to do it on the pitch. 

53 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Think majority of our fans are quite down to earth about things but I have to say I do see some really arrogant posters on here and social media.

Some people do label every other club as 'tinpot' and the couple of season of relative success in the early 1990's you would think was a 20 year trophy laden dynasty but some thing I have read.

You come across arrogant, ignorant people in all walks of life so we are bound to have a few. Also there is a tremendous age difference, I would think on here between about 12 - 80.

13 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

A lot also think we will win just by turning up. Mental attitude

Short memories - we have been pretty average at home for large parts of the season and the onus is on us to press from the off, something we aren't too good at.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Seeing as admin or mods won't allow swearwords on here, how about a filter on 'tinpot'?   Change it to 'small club with reduced fanbase but competing at a decent level'.

Clubs such as Burton will probably be playing us next season..... and they've deserved it.   We were playing Rushden and Dagenham not long ago so we aren't exactly Real Madrid.

3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Seeing as admin or mods won't allow swearwords on here, how about a filter on 'tinpot'?   Change it to 'small club with reduced fanbase but competing at a decent level'.

Clubs such as Burton will probably be playing us next season..... and they've deserved it.   We were playing Rushden and Dagenham not long ago so we aren't exactly Real Madrid.

Oh give over......

Change all the bloody songs as well then...who in the name of f.ook takes it seriously?

"Ive got a shed, as big as this...

Ive got a shed as big as this

Well actually..I really haven't....

its just a laugh to take the p 8ss