Udders Forum slagging off Owlstalk

Huddersfield supporters will know deep down that if they don't get to Wembley or achieve promotion they will still have had a fantastic season. The Championship is now one of the most difficult leagues in the world to get promoted from. To get promotion you need a lot of resources and a top class Manager/Coach. We now have both. Carlos and the team did exactly what was needed today. They made sure the next semi final game will be a "winner takes all" game at our stadium in front of our fans. If we get to Wembley, and more so if we go up, it won't be because of our past status as a "big club".  But because of our resources, our coach and our fan base. Huddersfield don't have the resources or fan base we have. But they do have a top class coach. He will ensure our task on Wednesday won't be easy.  We need our coach, our team, and our fans to give 100% at Hillsborough. Having watched Wednesday for over 40 years there is no way I am going to tempt fate by making any predictions about the result.  The only thing I feel confident of is that it will probably be another emotional, nerve jangling, roller coaster.  I hope I am proved wrong. But this is Wednesday and I am a Wednesdayite so naturally I doubt it.

They make a big thing about having nothing to lose, but on the contrary this is their one chance.

If we fail, it will be a big blow but chances are we will try again.

No one has much to "lose" in the playoffs,  you go into it knowing 3 will get dissapointed. But it's more about what you can gain.

If we don't get it it's not like this will be a bad season for us, we have progressed.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

They make a big thing about having nothing to lose, but on the contrary this is their one chance.

If we fail, it will be a big blow but chances are we will try again.

No one has much to "lose" in the playoffs,  you go into it knowing 3 will get dissapointed. But it's more about what you can gain.

If we don't get it it's not like this will be a bad season for us, we have progressed.

I've plussed you.. Just because you didn't put loose.

Thing is if Huddersfield go up they'll more than likely come straight back down? Look at Hull, similar sized club, similar set-up, they're up and down from the premier league more times than a escalator :rolleyes:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Thing is if Huddersfield go up they'll more than likely come straight back down? Look at Hull, similar sized club, similar set-up, they're up and down from the premier league more times than a escalator :rolleyes:

Huddersfield wont be thinking like you

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Are you taking the pis*?