Marco Matias

4 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Another crap ref. 

Cynical and a daft. 

Wasn't reckless. Never been a red. 

throw hound of a ref, gave us fckall. 

I like the Italian in the 2nd line 

that could well be Matias last game for us if we go up but he has been unlucky with injury and looks to be a decent player in him

1 hour ago, Muffinman said:

Nice to see all the virtuous icy cool saints out in force to denounce yesterdays darling who had the temerity to suffer a series of career threatening injuries and then get sent off with a rush of blood to the head when trying too hard. Still back to work tomorrow, where no doubt they work as hard as they can to line their bosses pockets, never giving anything less than 110 %, never going sick and trying their best everyday.

he let his team mates down , he let the fans down , he deserves everything he gets .......if someone  goes into a tackle gets it wrong and earns  a red then fair enough you can cut em some slack but matias 's were the actions of a spoilt kid he hadn't got what he thought he should have and wasn't going to let the Fulham lad get away with it ....

I'm still amazed at the truly idiotic comments on here . Hutchinson does that week in week out Including against arsenal everyone me thinks he's a legend. Matias does it and the way some go on you would think he had killed their kids . It was t even a red ffs . Jeez , some on  here never cease to amaze 

Edited by james o connor

14 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I'm still amazed at the truly idiotic comments on here . Hutchinson does that week in week out Including against arsenal everyone me thinks he's a legend. Matias does it and the way some go on you would think he had killed their kids . It was t even a red ffs . Jeez , some on  here never cease to amaze 

Difference is Hutch contributes so many positives to the game. Marco does not. 

8 hours ago, steveger said:

I heard he grabbed the player from behind knocking him to the ground then started clubbing him with a huge black floppy double ended lovelength  latex "toy"....:rolleyes:

You're a bit KINKY aren't you  

Steveger ??

Matias was stupid but the Referee was against us yet again. Matias was man handled twice before that stupid challenge and ultimately he lashed out.

Referees have been very poor at Hillsborough and lose control of a game when blatent fouls aren't awarded.

I don't care about his contribution for the rest of his time here, his injury status has been unfortunate throughout, but that challenge was daft. Deserved the red.

Thing is, if he stayed on the pitch I could see us winning the game. They were nothing special even with a pretty much full strength side out.

Turning out to be a bit of a flop signing old Marco .. injured for large parts of the season and when he returns he gets sent off.

It was a rash tackle and one he shouldn't have made but for me its a yellow card at the most .. no way was that a red card

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's the inconsistency which is the issue.

Was Matias' clear and deliberate foul any more clear and deliberate than the one which Vaughan commited on Wallace last season at Saint Andrews?

I'd argue not.

Some refs crumble quicker than others.

Some bottle in hostile atmpshpheres.

20170507_223328[1].mp4

just seen that video - great comparison

Mattias wasn't even as bad as Vaughans yet he was given a yellow and Mattias sent off..

silly challenge from both but terrible inconsistency and now a witch hunt for Mattias ball bags!

6 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

just seen that video - great comparison

Mattias wasn't even as bad as Vaughans yet he was given a yellow and Mattias sent off..

silly challenge from both but terrible inconsistency and now a witch hunt for Mattias ball bags!

Some team, players, stadiums make it easier for referees to show their "authority" than others.

16 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Never in the history of association football has one person stolen so much, from so many and given so few.

A complete waste of space. In 40 years of watching Wednesday I can only think of Chris Woods who I despise as much as this individual.

He should be shipped out and never set foot inside Hillsborough or Middlewood again.

youve clearly forgotten the footballing genius that was francis jeffers then......

It's a red card everyday

It's from behind, he jumps off the floor, clearly not in control and blatantly tries to take the player down. It's a recklass tackle and it's dangerous play.

Thought it at the time and it's clear on the replay too.

Anyone who deliberately lunges at the back of a player's legs and makes no attempt to get the ball should be sent off and get a lengthy ban.  He was trying to injure the Fulham player, it was an absolutely shithouse lunge, and if you're defending it you should probably take a bit of a look at your priorities really...