Marco Matias

12 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Should we boo any player sent off then ? I think some fans were just clapping in appreciation of his efforts up to that point  Sometimes players take one for the team handball on the goal line etc , I see players getting pulled back  when running clear in every game and get away with a yellow that's what Matias was doing really a stupid tackle yes but intent to harm ? Not sure about that 

no but he didn't take anything for the team, infact he took it all away from the team and potentially ruined the day for his team mates and supporters.

Obviously you don't boo your own but he only justified indifference, not a standing ovation as some of our fans gave him

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Thats because it was.

What the camera angle doesnt show is that he actually jumped up before he descended on the Fulham player. It was a bloody ridiculous challenge, and yes, it looked like he chased him down in retaliation for having his shirt pulled. Going a man down changed the game - thankfully the player sent off would have had zero involvement in the play off squads as hes done absolutely nothing for us except shin a fluke goal at Leeds. A complete waste of a squad number for 2 seasons.

Only someone wearing the bluest of blue tinted spectacles would assume that wasn't worthy of a sending off.

Just rewatched the highlights on the back of people in this topic saying it was a red... I still maintain that it wasn't. If that tackle was done on the continent fans would be cheering him.... Showed passion and fight to get back and try to win the ball back after losing it, prevented a counter-attack and took one for the team. I still don't see anything wrong with it. Happens all the time.

We'll see plenty of these in the future against us.

We'll scream for a Red card.

We'll see their player get a yellow.

We're an easy game for refs to come out and show they're in control.

Preston player Pearson makes this challenege for fun and barely gets a yellow. Their are many persistant offenders in the league.

Their surrounding of the refferees to plead their innocence in the most vocal and menacing way possible though is enough ensure the punishment is not as severe.

I don't advocate haranguing refferees by any means. But others do and its enough many times to let them carry on with their dark arts.

Morsy is another.  Could have seen red three times over this season...and that was just against us! in his games for the Dingles and Wigan.

Matias - Ridiculous challenge - for the simple fact  it was always going to be a red card .....for a home player at Hillsborough.

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

no but he didn't take anything for the team, infact he took it all away from the team and potentially ruined the day for his team mates and supporters.

Obviously you don't boo your own but he only justified indifference, not a standing ovation as some of our fans gave him

I suppose I'm just trying to stick up for him a little as he is getting practically hounded out by some, I actually felt sorry for him , yes he put us on the back foot but he didn't mean to get sent off it was pure frustration it seemed .   Then  again Carlos was also being hounded out a bit back too wasn't he , on a separate note !! 

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He has no pace, is easily knocked off the ball, and is constantly injured.

Reminds me of the Life of Brian film.........."so apart from the roads,wheel,aquaducts,sanitation,medicine,public order"........WHAT HAS MATIAS EVER DONE FOR US !!!!

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We'll see plenty of these in the future against us.

We'll scream for a Red card.

We'll see their player get a yellow.

We're an easy game for refs to come out and show they're in control.

Preston player Pearson makes this challenege for fun and barely gets a yellow. Their are many persistant offenders in the league.

Their surrounding of the refferees to plead their innocence in the most vocal and menacing way possible though is enough ensure the punishment is not as severe.

I don't advocate haranguing refferees by any means. But others do and its enough many times to let them carry on with their dark arts.

Morsy is another.  Could have seen red three times over this season...and that was just against us! in his games for the Dingles and Wigan.

Matias - Ridiculous challenge - for the simple fact  it was always going to be a red card .....for a home player at Hillsborough.

This completely. What happened to the instructions to refs to book players for dissent, be it verbal or by throwing their arms in the air (a la Jones at Brentford)? That appears to have been forgotten about

27 minutes ago, MOwl said:

It really wasn't. Plain and simple yellow card all day long.

If you come sliding in from the back or around that region in today's game it's a very possible red straight up 

It was rash and the margins are just too tight. It wasn't as if the Fulham player was going anywhere - daft on all levels.

Apart from being a petty attempt at taking revenge because he had been held, Matias spoilt the day for me as I think the chances of getting a result disappeared and the atmosphere suffered. Not many players can be said no positive impact whatsoever in a season, only a negative one. Grrrrr!

Guest Deleted member

Referees can issue a red card for a foul, a stud high challenge, a tackle from behind, dissent, violent conduct, and if a player prevents the opponent from taking a clear goal scoring opportunity.

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Apart from being a petty attempt at taking revenge because he had been held, Matias spoilt the day for me as I think the chances of getting a result disappeared and the atmosphere suffered. Not many players can be said no positive impact whatsoever in a season, only a negative one. Grrrrr!

The chances of a result disappeared when Carlos selected the side. We did well to hold out for as long as we did