Marco Matias

16 hours ago, james o connor said:

I'm still amazed at the truly idiotic comments on here . Hutchinson does that week in week out Including against arsenal everyone me thinks he's a legend. Matias does it and the way some go on you would think he had killed their kids . It was t even a red ffs . Jeez , some on  here never cease to amaze 

i'd have been livid if Hutch had done that yesterday in such a non-entity of a match

Came close a  couple of times too

3 hours ago, BRADDAZ said:

It's a red card everyday

It's from behind, he jumps off the floor, clearly not in control and blatantly tries to take the player down. It's a recklass tackle and it's dangerous play.

Thought it at the time and it's clear on the replay too.

Spot on. Plus the fact he's no where near the ball. I'm all for defending our players but some people really need to take their blue and pinstripe white glasses off occasionally. 

1 hour ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

Anyone who deliberately lunges at the back of a player's legs and makes no attempt to get the ball should be sent off and get a lengthy ban.  He was trying to injure the Fulham player, it was an absolutely shithouse lunge, and if you're defending it you should probably take a bit of a look at your priorities really...

Nonsense. There was no intent to injure in that tackle, just trying to stop a counter-attack. Happens several times a game. It was a booking, no more.

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Sometimes players make a move to a club and it just doesn't work out constantly injured, red card, it's one thing or another. I think maybe  it's time to move him on, see if things work out better elsewhere. 

Totally agree - he will probably go on and di ok in lower Continental leagues but just doesn't seem built or conditioned for the English game

Think he will be gone pretty sharpish in the summer 

He had a chance to get into the playoff squad, and he goes and gives the ref a great opportunity to send him off. Ruined the game for 30k fans, some of which, like me, had traveled hundreds of miles, and makes his teammates work their balls off for 50 mins.

Think he's got some real talent, but he's a bit dirty, I don't like him.

Real let down yesterday, hope it was worth it Marco. 

Just now, flo said:

Red card in my opinion. 

The highlights is at a bad angle. It was worse than it looks on the highlights. 

It really wasn't. Plain and simple yellow card all day long.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 13:02, stocksyuto said:

Last game he played he got injured and was taken off early hes barely played 50 minutes all season 

Lost the ball. Got done for pace. Lost his head. He was in a none threatening position. Left the ground. Flying Kung Fu Kick. Red all day long. 3 game ban. The End !  

7 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Nonsense. There was no intent to injure in that tackle, just trying to stop a counter-attack. Happens several times a game. It was a booking, no more.

yeah alright mate, pics attached

(and no, the Fulham player doesn't touch the ball in between the two pics)

matias11.jpg

matias2.png

Just now, Cpt_Hatstand said:

yeah alright mate, pics attached

(and no, the Fulham player doesn't touch the ball in between the two pics)

matias11.jpg

matias2.png

Those two pictures back up my point. No intent, no malice, just trying to stop a counter-attack. Never a red card. Like I said, tackles of that nature happen 4/5 times a game at least..... Just Matias isn't very good at taking players out from behind, clearly. 

Could tell he was going to do it, he looked p*ssed off at having his shirt nearly ripped off. How we didn't get a free kick for it I'll never know.

Another pointer that I'm glad the game didn't mean anything, as them officials were absolutely disgraceful.

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Spot on. Plus the fact he's no where near the ball. I'm all for defending our players but some people really need to take their blue and pinstripe white glasses off occasionally. 

Agree, I said at the time that it could be a red card even before the ref came over to him. 

I'm not for crucifying our players but it was a stupid challenge brought on because he had been fouled.....but that's no excuse

On 07/05/2017 at 14:30, modboy said:

People then clapped him off, unbelievable

Should we boo any player sent off then ? I think some fans were just clapping in appreciation of his efforts up to that point  Sometimes players take one for the team handball on the goal line etc , I see players getting pulled back  when running clear in every game and get away with a yellow that's what Matias was doing really a stupid tackle yes but intent to harm ? Not sure about that 

6 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Could tell he was going to do it, he looked p*ssed off at having his shirt nearly ripped off. How we didn't get a free kick for it I'll never know.

Another pointer that I'm glad the game didn't mean anything, as them officials were absolutely disgraceful.

That Referee has to be quite simply the worst we have had this season awful awful performance and as for the linesman !!!!!! 

11 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Those two pictures back up my point. No intent, no malice, just trying to stop a counter-attack. Never a red card. Like I said, tackles of that nature happen 4/5 times a game at least..... Just Matias isn't very good at taking players out from behind, clearly. 

Yes it's usually a shirt pull or grab of an arm from behind as a player runs clear , yellow given every time 

Guest Deleted member
12 minutes ago, modboy said:

looked horrendous from the kop

Thats because it was.

What the camera angle doesnt show is that he actually jumped up before he descended on the Fulham player. It was a bloody ridiculous challenge, and yes, it looked like he chased him down in retaliation for having his shirt pulled. Going a man down changed the game - thankfully the player sent off would have had zero involvement in the play off squads as hes done absolutely nothing for us except shin a fluke goal at Leeds. A complete waste of a squad number for 2 seasons.

Only someone wearing the bluest of blue tinted spectacles would assume that wasn't worthy of a sending off.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Thats because it was.

What the camera angle doesnt show is that he actually jumped up before he descended on the Fulham player. It was a bloody ridiculous challenge, and yes, it looked like he chased him down in retaliation for having his shirt pulled. Going a man down changed the game - thankfully the player sent off would have had zero involvement in the play off squads as hes done absolutely nothing for us except shin a fluke goal at Leeds. A complete waste of a squad number for 2 seasons.

Only someone wearing the bluest of blue tinted spectacles would assume that wasn't worthy of a sending off.

It was probably deserving of a red card but to run him out of the club because of it is ridiculous if it hadn't happened would people be so scathing of him ? . If we are to progress he probably needs shipping out because he hasn't contributed anywhere near enough but I think he is a decent player and would like to see him play a bit more . But I'm a soft sod anyway !!!!