Marco Matias

I thought red a bit harsh to be honest, but it was certainly ill-advised, and poor judgment.  Thought he had an ok game before that, and was certainly working hard.  

I do recall a few months ago one of the more D-stream contributors I see on twitter concluding that it would have been better not to sign him, because he has so frequently been injured.  There still in my view isn't enough evidence either way to take a view on him as a championship level player.  Assuming we are still at this level next season, I wouldn't see an overwhelming case to move him on.

Last season he was tip toeing about the pitch scared of being tackled. 

In the brief glimpses this season, including pre season he looked to be using his physique more in his game (something Joao needs to do). I think the foul he committed today was a mix of frustration at not playing and trying to show he was up for getting stuck in but he took it too far.

Impetuous 'challenge' from a player who has been out most of the season and will have been desperate to try and impress Carlos.

A silly tackle no doubt, but it looked worse than it was. In reality it ended up as little more than a hook/trip. 

No one will be more disappointed than the lad himself. This talk of giving him the boot for a bad an ill thought out tackle would have seen Hutchinson given his P45 in his first month of being at the club.

Image result for pitchforks

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Impetuous 'challenge' from a player who has been out most of the season and will have been desperate to try and impress Carlos.

A silly tackle no doubt, but it looked worse than it was. In reality it ended up as little more than a hook/trip. 

No one will be more disappointed than the lad himself. This talk of giving him the boot for a bad an ill thought out tackle would have seen Hutchinson given his P45 in his first month of being at the club.

Image result for pitchforks

Well said.  Be nice if people could try not to get quite so hysterical and bedwetting when something goes wrong

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Your comment is correct.  Matias is not liked judging by some comments on here and a sending off is just an exuse to berate him.  He's been ver4 unlucky with injuries whilst being here.  A fans favourite like Hutchinson would get a totally different response from some of these people.

1 hour ago, Gresh said:

It sounds like it was a harsh sending off, but something we could have done without.  No great damage done though as I think we got the draw we wanted for the play offs.

Harsh? From the Kop it looked like he was auditioning for a part in an Enter the Dragon remake!

It happened right in front of me.

The Fulham player got away from him and he went in clearly never going to get the ball.

This was right in front of the refs view.

If that had been a Fulham player you would all be yelling for a red card.

Edited by iliveinthenow

Guest Ash76

Hahaha, clear red card. He was angry that he'd been done and good that out on Fulham's player by attempting to drop kick him, no genuine attempt to win the ball and it was dangerous and out of control.

Shame he didn't catch him properly if h was going to get sent off

4 hours ago, Dan™ said:

So, it's not possible that he's just been too eager to try and influence the game in his big chance to put himself into the limelight and badly mistimed a challenge (as many good players have done in the past)?

I don't see any need to jump on him, Carlos would have him out of the squad with McGugan if he thought he was being a waster.

Don't you know OT always needs a witch hunt.

Never in the history of association football has one person stolen so much, from so many and given so few.

A complete waste of space. In 40 years of watching Wednesday I can only think of Chris Woods who I despise as much as this individual.

He should be shipped out and never set foot inside Hillsborough or Middlewood again.