Marco Matias

11 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Obviously a contentious decision so not as clear cut as the yellow card or red card brigade think. I don't think the referee can see it clearly.

mattias.thumb.png.d7405315c765f26fabb3fe8e3d24eb27.png

The stills show his body shape as the Fulham player crosses his field of vision. He see Mattias start his lunge, he sees the after effect but hes gone from looking in front of the Fulham player to behind him so doesn't see that its a one footed challenge at point of impact.

Whether or not it was worthy of a red is as debatable as whether or not he actually saw it properly, if he didn't see it he has no right to give a red card.

If it's a red card for the reckless intent then by the same standards MacDonald needed a red in the second half, if Hutchinson didn't 'duck out' of that challenge it was a potential leg breaker.

Good point, I'd forgotten about this but at the time, I thought it was a red card. McDonald went flying in out of control and would definitely have walked if Hutch hadn't been sensible (how often do we see the words Hutch and sensible in the same sentence?lol) and got clattered

48 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

Good point, I'd forgotten about this but at the time, I thought it was a red card. McDonald went flying in out of control and would definitely have walked if Hutch hadn't been sensible (how often do we see the words Hutch and sensible in the same sentence?lol) and got clattered

Which was my point earlier in the thread, whether he made contact or not, McDonald was off the ground and went in with both feet. That is a clear sending off offence, but the ref, alongside, saw nothing wrong, and didn't even book him

Guest Deleted member
14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wonder if Owlstalk and the morally outraged would have wanted to hound this lad out of the club.

Afterall he spent a lot of time in the sick-bay and this was an awful tackle

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Give over. He clearly dived and made it look worse than it was

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wonder if Owlstalk and the morally outraged would have wanted to hound this lad out of the club.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

.that's yellow all day long for me , you can see as hirsty lost his footing and slid in the blunt has his studs  an inch or two off the ground  looking to clatter him .

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Great post!   Been my point exactly.  Matias not a favourite so gets abuse

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Have you got the next bit cos it looks as though there may have been a bit of agro?

Wasn't much to see really. Bradshaw came racing across lipping as one might expect, but it died down within seconds really.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport and basketball court

I personally have only the minor axe to grind with Matias. That is that it was an ill-considered and needless tackle for which he was IMO rightly sent off and left us struggling in our final game. I'm certainly not calling for his head.I can see him having a strong part to play next season, whichever league we may be in. By the same stretch, Hutch was very lucky not to receive cards of some description, but I don't want him to leave either.

None of this is any where  near the clanger dr