Marco Matias

in the short time he was on the pitch I thought he looked quite good. His movement was really good & positive.

Its the kind of tackle that looks worse than it was. In Portugal or Spain he'd have got a yellow for it. There were challenges by Fulham players which were just as bad but.

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The chances of a result disappeared when Carlos selected the side. We did well to hold out for as long as we did

I thought we looked more than comfortable until obvious fatigue set in during the second period when the lack of first team appearances and the fact we had a man less came into play.

56 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

in the short time he was on the pitch I thought he looked quite good. His movement was really good & positive.

Its the kind of tackle that looks worse than it was. In Portugal or Spain he'd have got a yellow for it. There were challenges by Fulham players which were just as bad but.

I can't say whether it was a sending off or not, but the referee had to be influenced by the over the top reaction from the Fulham players. The ref wasn't consistent though, as he didn't even book the Fulham player when he lunged in two footed, clearly off the ground, early in the second half. 

38 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I thought we looked more than comfortable until obvious fatigue set in during the second period when the lack of first team appearances and the fact we had a man less came into play.

I thought we did really well, considering the changes that were made, and the sending off. They were far, far superior to us though, even if it wasn't reflected in the score

Just now, gurujuan said:

I thought we did really well, considering the changes that were made, and the sending off. They were far, far superior to us though, even if it wasn't reflected in the score

I thought we'd hold out to be honest, even with the man less, the lack of football played against the Best Team in the Championship © .

In fact I wasn't sure their winner wasn't via the lads hand. But no point in nit-picking.

I'd certainly have no fear should we have to play them again with some of our big guns to return.

i think matias just tripped him, from that camera angle it looks bad but the fulham player who got fouled wasnt seething. it seemed like a trip, which is a yellow.

the ref also got a clear look at it and must have seen it as a trip, but had a rush of blood and decided to pull the red card out. it certainly seemed like fulham players grabbing and pushing him increased his stress levels and caused him to get the red out. really there should be disciplinary action against the two of them its forbidden to touch referees.

i think we should appeal it on those grounds, the fact that the contact is clearly from the side and fulham players raised the stress levels of the situation.

wont win, but id like that ref being put on the spot for not keeping his head

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

it seemed like a trip, which is a yellow.

not when its made from behind

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Blue n White Rampage said:

look again, you can see that his foot crosses the fulham players path. its diagonal but its not a from behind through him tackle which is what the rules are there for

The ball was 2 metres away

Guest Deleted member
3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Unless you play for a nother team....

Image may contain: people playing sport, grass and outdoor

Which is why you should congratulate Saturdays ref for making the right decision

53 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I thought we'd hold out to be honest, even with the man less, the lack of football played against the Best Team in the Championship © .

In fact I wasn't sure their winner wasn't via the lads hand. But no point in nit-picking.

I'd certainly have no fear should we have to play them again with some of our big guns to return.

No, me neither

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I thought their second was questionable in that Wildsmith got took out by one of their players but I don't think he was going to get to it anyway.

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

i said trip. i didnt say fair tackle. it was a yellow card, it wasnt a good tackle but it was noway near malicious. he tripped him and that was all.

It was malicious

he jumped in the air before he went into the back of a player who didnt have the ball at his feet. The ball was nowhere near him. It was a tackle from behind that warrants a red card.

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It was malicious

he jumped in the air before he went into the back of a player who didnt have the ball at his feet. The ball was nowhere near him. It was a tackle from behind that warrants a red card.

in your opinion.

from the video it looks to me like a trip, he comes in from an angle and not through the player. hes tripping him to stop an attack like we see in every game of football.

if that incident happened the other way round (and a player from the other team got a red)  i'd naughtily enjoy it because it's obviously only a yellow card foul.

ref got it wrong.

Edited by Blue n White Rampage

Just now, Grandad said:

Which is why you should congratulate Saturdays ref for making the right decision

When they get the other 99% right I might well do.

Like the assault on Wildsmith by Martin.

Or the 30 second late tackle by Macfadzean on Forestieri that not only recieved no card at all but wasn't even blown for a free kick. Despite the player then missing a month from the resulting injury.

Until then, I'll carry on having a good old mump about the Hitlers and their wildly inconsistent , and at times clearly influenced decison making.

* I'm not defending Matias. He has been an impetuous fool. No doubt. And deserved his punishment. No doubt. But he shouldn't be hung and drawn, accused of being a sh*thouse and having a bad attitude with no other back up than he's been injured (which I'm sure he hasn't done on purpose. Unless he's been sat at home with pair us rusty scissors pulling himself a convenient hernia) and one bad tackle the like of which we see hundreds of every weekend and some would have him hung.

12 minutes ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

in your opinion.

from the video it looks to me like a trip, he comes in from an angle and not through the player. hes tripping him to stop an attack like we see in every game of football.

if that incident happened the other way round (and a player from the other team got a red)  i'd naughtily enjoy it because it's obviously only a yellow card foul.

ref got it wrong.

in your opinion

Guest Deleted member
28 minutes ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

in your opinion.

ref got it wrong.

From the video - which Ive since watched over and over, he doesnt come in from an angle at all.

It was a tackle from behind, with the ball not even close. There was no attempt to play the ball at all. It was a red card offence all day long.

It doesnt matter what other similar trips avoided a red card, its completely irrelevant. The red card was one of the few decisions Saturdays ref got completely right