Sasso

Guest RocketOwl

Feeling more comfortable with him recently. He's improving a lot. Pleased to see.

Well done Sasso.

You've been one of his biggest critics, so I'll start off by asking you this question (though it's open to everyone): Assuming Championship football next season, could he be the first choice partner for Lees next season? Or is it a case of he's a squad player? Or is he still not worth having and should be released at the end of his contract this season?

I know I've defended him in the past and all that, but I'm genuinely not sure if I'm convinced of the answer myself! 

Should be offered a contract for me. Adds height and ability to play out from the back and is a threat at set pieces in attack.

Can't rely on Loovens for another full season so yes but I agree we need at least one more centre back.

Sasso is not a problem when called on and has improved with more game time.

Using Semedo as back up centre back however is a major weakness.

He is more comfortable on the ball and has better distribution than Loovens or Lees. His downside is his judgement in some defensive situations, especially crosses from wide. Maybe with further coaching he could improve further.

I think Glenns experience will be vital. And I do still think we need to recruit in that area in the summer as have done for 18 months.

However, Sasso is showing what he can do in the appearances he's made. Though I still often fear a ricket from time to time.

I do think that there is some potential for him and Lees as a pair.

I think Glenns experience will be vital. And I do still think we need to recruit in that area in the summer as have done for 18 months.

However, Sasso is showing what he can do in the appearances he's made. Though I still often fear a ricket from time to time.

I do think that there is some potential for him and Lees as a pair.

Maybe. But I'd worry a little about the lack of real leadership. Always feel you need a vocal organiser at the back. 

Sasso has been great, when he first came in to the team I didn't think he won enough headers, but today he won loads above the giant they had up too.

Quite a lot on here wanted us to sign Bruno Mangala over the last two transfer windows!  He's rank! Renew Sassos contract and either add a beast in the midfield and drop Hutch back, or sign a top class CB to play along side Tom Lees, who, for me has been class in the last two games.