Sasso

Guest RocketOwl

Didn't see the game today but good to hear Sasso played well, we might need him for the run-in if Loovens injury doesn't settle down.

Still think we'd need a commanding centre half to play alongside Lees next season though. Always feel we're a bit susceptible to high balls into the box.

Maybe. But I'd worry a little about the lack of real leadership. Always feel you need a vocal organiser at the back. 

True. Though I'll be honest, I don't really seem to see Glenn shouting and bawling instructions and organising all game from my seat either.  He leads by example.

For me ,it is Westwood , I believe, who is the real organiser at the back.

Sometimes I glance down there and feel sure the chap is going to give himself an aneurysm with his exhalations and gesticulations.

Infact it is true to say that If I were down there myself I might well fear for my own safety. For he gets that maniacal look in his eye.  

If a begger in the street gave you the eyes that Westwood gives his defenders after a mistake you'd probably think him capable of some sort of terrible atrociousness!

But because he wears big daft gloves and we're safely tucked in the stand we don't tend to think about that. 

Still, it's worth centre halves being slightly scared of the custodian behind them, stops them taking too many liberties. 

I think back to the leg trouble Loovens had all last season and wonder if the real cause might be that the skipper was the victim of voodoo carried about by Westwood with a small carved effigy of the captain.  Revenge and punishment for too many underhit back passes. 

We'll never know for sure. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

True. Though I'll be honest, I don't really seem to see Glenn shouting and bawling instructions and organising all game from my seat either.  He leads by example.

For me ,it is Westwood , I believe, who is the real organiser at the back.

Sometimes I glance down there and feel sure the chap is going to give himself an aneurysm with his exhalations and gesticulations.

Infact it is true to say that If I were down there myself I might well fear for my own safety. For he gets that maniacal look in his eye.  

If a begger in the street gave you the eyes that Westwood gives his defenders after a mistake you'd probably think him capable of some sort of terrible atrociousness!

But because he wears big daft gloves and we're safely tucked in the stand we don't tend to think about that. 

Still, it's worth centre halves being slightly scared of the custodian behind them, stops them taking too many liberties. 

I think back to the leg trouble Loovens had all last season and wonder if the real cause might be that the skipper was the victim of voodoo carried about by Westwood with a small carved effigy of the captain.  Revenge and punishment for too many underhit back passes. 

We'll never know for sure. 

You been on the gin again Snooty?

Guest RocketOwl

You've been one of his biggest critics, so I'll start off by asking you this question (though it's open to everyone): Assuming Championship football next season, could he be the first choice partner for Lees next season? Or is it a case of he's a squad player? Or is he still not worth having and should be released at the end of his contract this season?

I know I've defended him in the past and all that, but I'm genuinely not sure if I'm convinced of the answer myself! 

I have been a big critic and I think at times rightly so. 

I still don't see him being good enough as first choice but I'd be happy with him as 4th choice.

If he can improve his heading when challenging strikers and get a bit bulkier and stronger then he could be pushing the first two for sure.

Im seeing him improve immensely all credit to Carlos and the coaches.

I like Sasso,for me he gets better the more he plays,hes had to wait for his chance and hes taken it well,hes the best of our CBs distribution wise.

Yes hes prone to the odd mistake,personally up at leeds i thought hed got a call to "leave it" guess wel never know.

Id offer the kid a contract to be honest.

You been on the gin again Snooty?

It must be said old fruit that I have had a mixed bag of a day on the beverage and comestible front.

I started early with some bucks fizz to take the edge off a bit of a fuzzy head and freshen my knashers. 

I had already had my morning ablutions, which was not a pleasant experience, as without going into too much detail,  I had woke with a dicky tummy caused in part by too much brandy last night as I tried to numb the pain of the news we are moving back to the 'decline kit' of the mid to late 1960's.

Of course, that can't be the only thing which played havoc with my intestines, and it would be wrong to lay all the blame on the booze and the dreadful new kit revelation.

For as I showered I did think that the visit of our old nemesis Colin tugger might also be playing on my mind and also  causing me some upset in the bowel department.  

A man of my experience shouldn't of course be affected so physically by thinking of the return of the Dark Lord, but alas, I am and was. His record made the man a damn scourge! and he haunted my guts as well as my mind!

And so by the time I had finished showering and made my way down for breakfast I had already polished off another bottle of Boërl & Kroff - without the orange juice!.

Stubbs, to be fair to him, had made a decent breakfast of ham and eggs. But alas, one look at the ham and my mind was brought once more back to thoughts of that terrible Warnock!

And so I went to the study and sat by the fire, listened to the wireless and had a flick through Owlstalk.  More mention of the kit brought my nerves right back on edge, and before I knew it I'd nailed half a bottle of courvoisier. 

In truth I had not had that much by a weekend standard, but with me not being able to touch my breakfast it hit home a bit more than I usually would have expected.

Indeed Stubbs was trying to persuade me to take some water as he drove us into town. But I daren't risk drinking water in the car, its purity doesn't seem to agree with me , quite simply it goes though me ,and with us being some way from the toilet I couldn't risk the need for relieve myself,  not when the car has been expensively valeted after the unfortunate incident with the Penguin, the circus strong man and Mrs  Dungworth from the post office. So I had a cooling quench of Drambuie and lemonade. A ladies drink I grant you, but my throat was increasingly dry as we reached Hillsborough, and I have never been so shy as to hide my enjoyment of the drink. 

The game was fraught , as of course we knew it would be , and despite going through a new packet of Werthers I'm afraid they did nothing for my sobriety. Of course, the hip flask of Balvenie Malt probably didn't help , either. 

Of course. You know the rest, Big Dave , former personal bodyguard to the Count of Latveria came from the bench to cause havoc and create the spaces for Fernando and Jordan to expose and send that dreadful rotter Warnock home empty handed. 

I had stubbs drop off at the Black Horse and and the Saracens Sandal on the way home, I don't usually mix with the village folks but it's a tied house and serves only Snoot Ales so it does no harm to show my face from time to time.  I had a couple of halves of mild and topped the last with a Makesons - a wee treat! 

I've had a poached egg for my supper as I felt a nagging feeling all day of missing out having not being able to finish my breakfast. It was lovely! 

I had a nice pot of tea with it, with  just a small tot for medicinal purposes and am now sat in the chair.

So in answer.

No , I've not had a gin. But tinkerty-tonk it's an excellent suggestion!

I'll ring the bell and have Stubbs fix me up  a Watenshi with a slice of lemon to finish the day.

Chin chin!

Edited by Lord Snooty

It must be said old fruit that I have had a mixed bag of a day on the beverage and comestible front.

I started early with some bucks fizz to take the edge off a bit of a fuzzy head and freshen my knashers. 

I had already had my morning ablutions, which was not a pleasant experience, as without going into too much detail,  I had woke with a dicky tummy caused in part by too much brandy last night as I tried to numb the pain of the news we are moving back to the 'decline kit' of the mid to late 1960's.

Of course, that can't be the only thing which played havoc with my intestines, and it would be wrong to lay all the blame on the booze and the dreadful new kit revelation.

For as I showered I did think that the visit of our old nemesis Colin tugger might also be playing on my mind and also  causing me some upset in the bowel department.  

A man of my experience shouldn't of course be affected so physically by thinking of the return of the Dark Lord, but alas, I am and was. His record made the man a damn scourge! and he haunted my guts as well as my mind!

And so by the time I had finished showering and made my way down for breakfast I had already polished off another bottle of Boërl & Kroff - without the orange juice!.

Stubbs, to be fair to him, had made a decent breakfast of ham and eggs. But alas, one look at the ham and my mind was brought once more back to thoughts of that terrible Warnock!

And so I went to the study and sat by the fire, listened to the wireless and had a flick through Owlstalk.  More mention of the kit brought my nerves right back on edge, and before I knew it I'd nailed half a bottle of courvoisier. 

In truth I had not had that much by a weekend standard, but with me not being able to touch my breakfast it hit home a bit more than I usually would have expected.

Indeed Stubbs was trying to persuade me to take some water as he drove us into town. But I daren't risk drinking water in the car, its purity doesn't seem to agree with me , quite simply it goes though me ,and with us being some way from the toilet I couldn't risk the need for relieve myself,  not when the car has been expensively valeted after the unfortunate incident with the Penguin, the circus strong man and Mrs  Dungworth from the post office. So I had a cooling quench of Drambuie and lemonade. A ladies drink I grant you, but my throat was increasingly dry as we reached Hillsborough, and I have never been so shy as to hide my enjoyment of the drink. 

The game was fraught , as of course we knew it would be , and despite going through a new packet of Werthers I'm afraid they did nothing for my sobriety. Of course, the hip flask of Balvenie Malt probably didn't help , either. 

Of course. You know the rest, Big Dave , former personal bodyguard to the Count of Latveria came from the bench to cause havoc and create the spaces for Fernando and Jordan to expose and send that dreadful rotter Warnock home empty handed. 

I had stubbs drop off at the Black Horse and and the Saracens Sandal on the way home, I don't usually mix with the village folks but it's a tied house and serves only Snoot Ales so it does no harm to show my face from time to time.  I had a couple of halves of mild and topped the last with a Makesons - a wee treat! 

I've had a poached egg for my supper as I felt a nagging feeling all day of missing out having not being able to finish my breakfast. It was lovely! 

I had a nice pot of tea with it, with  just a small tot for medicinal purposes and am now sat in the chair.

So in answer.

I'll ring the bell and have Stubbs fix me up  a Watenshi with a slice of lemon to finish the day.

Chin chin!

You make a splendid raconteur Snooty old chap!  You really ought to commit yourself to print.

Sleep tight old boy.  Mind the fleas don't bite!

So in answer.

Chin chin!

quite brilliant my man.