Sasso

Guest RocketOwl

Be interested to see his stats at the end of the season, as he must be at least 50% games started clean sheet. I know we all remember the mistakes but I'm sure we forget the positives. 

The stats with 4 games to go:-

Sasso has played in 13 matches

With Sasso playing - concede a goal every 92 minutes

Without Sasso - concede a goal every 86 minutes

Too close to say we are better or worse with Sasso, but it does suggest we do not need to have any concern about him.

I have been very supportive. I think the rick at Leeds was 50% Sasso, 50% Glenn. The one at Forest was schoolboy, but only the same as Lees made last season.

I think we could have a very good CB on our hands next season. 

Agreed. He's only going to get even better with games and as his confidence soars. He could be the perfect foil for 'traditional' defender Lees next season given he is more a continental style defender; comfortable on the ball, can pick out a pass etc. Interesting times....

The stats with 4 games to go:-

Sasso has played in 13 matches

With Sasso playing - concede a goal every 92 minutes

Without Sasso - concede a goal every 86 minutes

Too close to say we are better or worse with Sasso, but it does suggest we do not need to have any concern about him.

I have been very supportive. I think the rick at Leeds was 50% Sasso, 50% Glenn. The one at Forest was schoolboy, but only the same as Lees made last season.

I think we could have a very good CB on our hands next season. 

Personally feel he's defect fit for 75% of our games. When playing team of giants I'd love an option of having a dominant player at our disposal but I think easy to underestimate how effective he is, as well as the positives in terms of distribution and ability on the ball. 

Personally feel he's defect fit for 75% of our games. When playing team of giants I'd love an option of having a dominant player at our disposal but I think easy to underestimate how effective he is, as well as the positives in terms of distribution and ability on the ball. 

Fair point.

Like any player at our level, if he had everything he wouldn't be playing at our level.

Bags of potential. Good on the ball, brings it forward with purpose and pace (and boy do we need that), can dribble, and can clearly finish. Defensively - his day job -  he brings power and athleticism. 

Good player, He had a couple of poor games recently but who in the squad didn't?

Quite often Sasso has gone months without playing, had to come in at short notice and hardly put a foot wrong,

excellent, reliable option.

I like him. 

He's a really good footballer. 

Technically probably the most accomplished out of our center backs. Usually times his tackles well too. 

Suffers from the occasional lapse of concentration and I do worry for him against a big lump, but by and large I think Vincent is a very good back up center back. 

He first really impressed me at Fulham away last season. I was hoping that might be a springboard for him. But as Lee A has pointed out since then he has spent a lot of time out of the side, and with no proper reserve football or realistic game time it's always hard to step in. 

He bring the ball out better than the other two, and there are games where he will be better suited.  As I said in my o.p on this subject I do think that we play the ball out from the back quicker when there is a combination of himself and Lees at the back. Whether Carlos wants that is anohter matter. 

I've slept on it, I think my stance is the same as a couple of weeks ago: Fork out for another CB in summer, go for a real beast and who we'd anticipate to be as good or better than Lees. Then we have NEW and Lees as our first choice CB pairing with Sasso and Loovens on the bench. Advantage with Sasso is he has the physicality in terms of pace and technical ability to play as part of a back three or even as another holding DM provided he was alongside a more established one like Hutch just to help keep him in check in a position he maybe isn't 100% familiar with. That'll give us a lot of flexibility when it comes to making subs that would require changing formation or tactics to react to a game.

In the meantime, he's got at least another couple of games while Loovens is out to prove to us why we can save a few million in summer and he's the one to partner Lees next season (assuming Championship football). How great would it be if we can go into the summer transfer window knowing we wouldn't necessarily need to find a top-quality first choice CB and we just needed to bring in another good body to fill in there?

. How great would it be if we can go into the summer transfer window knowing we wouldn't necessarily need to find a top-quality first choice CB and we just needed to bring in another good body to fill in there?

As well as any of them has done, I would still have a top quality centre half at the top of my shopping list, same as last season. 

Pretty sure Carlos will be thinking the same.

The problem as ever, and as he mentioned in that interview with Biggs was the ridiculous prices being touted by clubs willing to part with them.

As well as any of them has done, I would still have a top quality centre half at the top of my shopping list, same as last season. 

Pretty sure Carlos will be thinking the same.

The problem as ever, and as he mentioned in that interview with Biggs was the ridiculous prices being touted by clubs willing to part with them.

Plus teams know we can splash the cash. 

I've no doubt a few just add a zero when they find out its Carlos on the phone. 

Absolutely. 

The reported fee we've coughed up for Rhodes will have been noted by our rivals. 

Guest RocketOwl

Does anyone remember when we first signed Loovens, he was no where near as reliable as he has been last 3 seasons.

I have hope now Sasso may actually come good.

I like him. He's quick,likes a tackle and on occasions has been the one to either motor forward or pick a pass. He likes to move up the field, I'd be interested to see him have a run in midfield.  Might be a revelation