The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

Just now, swfc-dan said:

Team looks good overall but Buckley instead of Wallace is a surprise. Is Ross injured too? It's time for Buckley to show what he's about, nows his chance.

Buckley in front of RW and CM. Bit of surprise but he's more than capable.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Is it looking like Fernando has done for season.bloody hope not

Might be blessing. We can't be reliant on 1 player and there's enough quality players that haven't had chance or been injured. 

1 hour ago, Blame Harkes said:

My guess is that he uses an expected goals model...Reading have far more points than their expected goals say they should and we're the opposite. Running out of time for regression to the mean tho- need to just win.

Tha wor?

A very good evening to you all, especially the master of the OMDT Pauli, who is up to his usual standards.

I'm considering phoning the police to report a crime against humanity - I'm being kept away from Hillsborough. Unfortunately the game being moved to Friday has completely knackered up the logistics of me getting there (why the hell couldn't it have been Sunday???). I was consoling myself that at least I'd be able to watch it on tele and was planning to watch it with a mate in a Newcastle pub, only to find out today that I would have instead been treated to the dubious delights of Bristol City v Huddersfield Town. No thanks. I'm off to watch Queen of the South v St Mirren in Dumfries tomorrow instead because God knows I need a football fix at least once a week.

Anyway... I'm on the lookout for a definitely not illegal stream, but if not I'll be relying on you chaps for updates on what should be an interesting and pivotal fixture. Despite all the moaning and negativity, a win tonight could take us up to fifth, no mean feat considering the injuries we have to contend with. Despite their success this season I honestly don't rate Reading very highly, seems to me they've rode their luck this season while often being extremely slow and ponderous in possession and are way too reliant on Gareth McCleary. We only have to look to their game against Preston last weekend where they were torn apart for a blueprint of how to beat them - get the ball moving quickly, come at them through the middle where they're weaker and counter attack at high speed when they lose possession.

That said, I honestly don't care how we beat them tonight, a 1-0 win delievered from a scrappy set piece that bounces of Rhodes' arse will do just fine. The injury Gods may not be smiling on us at the moment but they've shown at least a little clemency with Tom Lees' return just as Sasso begins his suspension.Hopefully Bannan is on fine form as the hub of our midfield and makes sure the strikers are continuously kept in the loop with a supply of dangerous passes. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 1-0 Reading 

(Rhodes 79)

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Evening all,

Happy with the team selection tonight.  Great to see that Lees is back in the team.  Buckley on the right will no doubt have a point to prove as well 

Big big game tonight.  We simply have to get the three points no matter what.  So I reckon we will come away with a 2-1 Wednesday win.  Rhodes with the goals.  

TO VICTORY!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!