The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

Carlos seems really wedded to McManaman as an "impact sub". I suppose there's a certain logic to that but given Buckley's injury troubles (which go back long before he came to Hillsborough) I'm not sure why he's seen as a much better option to make it through 90 minutes.

Also exciting to see Matias on the bench, if we really are missing Forestieri for an extended period then it's crucial that he's able to step into that role, he should be capable but God knows if he actually will or not. Reach can obviously play down the left but is a vastly different player.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Carlos seems really wedded to McManaman as an "impact sub". I suppose there's a certain logic to that but given Buckley's injury troubles (which go back long before he came to Hillsborough) I'm not sure why he's seen as a much better option to make it through 90 minutes.

Surely it's because McManaman isn't fit enough for 90 minutes.  If not, then it's no contest for who should be starting!!

4 minutes ago, Paul G Wisbech Owl said:

Why is the game on Friday night when Sky not covering it, must reduce attendance?

Might be wrong but I think it's cos the pigs are at home tomorrow, SYPD don't like two home games in Sheffield on the same day, TBF I think the pigs also had to do the Friday night thing for us earlier in the season

1 minute ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Might be wrong but I think it's cos the pigs are at home tomorrow, SYPD don't like two home games in Sheffield on the same day, TBF I think the pigs also had to do the Friday night thing for us earlier in the season

Edited by Paul G Wisbech Owl
Thanks fir that

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Just stumbled onto a Bristol v Huddersfield stream and Bristol have had the better of the opening 5 minutes. This definitely means Huddersfield will lose, hit a horrible run of form and we will finish 3rd. Possibly.

Is Joao playing for Brizzle this week?