The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

A very good evening to you all, especially the master of the OMDT Pauli, who is up to his usual standards.

I'm considering phoning the police to report a crime against humanity - I'm being kept away from Hillsborough. Unfortunately the game being moved to Friday has completely knackered up the logistics of me getting there (why the hell couldn't it have been Sunday???). I was consoling myself that at least I'd be able to watch it on tele and was planning to watch it with a mate in a Newcastle pub, only to find out today that I would have instead been treated to the dubious delights of Bristol City v Huddersfield Town. No thanks. I'm off to watch Queen of the South v St Mirren in Dumfries tomorrow instead because God knows I need a football fix at least once a week.

Anyway... I'm on the lookout for a definitely not illegal stream, but if not I'll be relying on you chaps for updates on what should be an interesting and pivotal fixture. Despite all the moaning and negativity, a win tonight could take us up to fifth, no mean feat considering the injuries we have to contend with. Despite their success this season I honestly don't rate Reading very highly, seems to me they've rode their luck this season while often being extremely slow and ponderous in possession and are way too reliant on Gareth McCleary. We only have to look to their game against Preston last weekend where they were torn apart for a blueprint of how to beat them - get the ball moving quickly, come at them through the middle where they're weaker and counter attack at high speed when they lose possession.

That said, I honestly don't care how we beat them tonight, a 1-0 win delievered from a scrappy set piece that bounces of Rhodes' arse will do just fine. The injury Gods may not be smiling on us at the moment but they've shown at least a little clemency with Tom Lees' return just as Sasso begins his suspension.Hopefully Bannan is on fine form as the hub of our midfield and makes sure the strikers are continuously kept in the loop with a supply of dangerous passes. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 1-0 Reading 

(Rhodes 79)

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

This sounds like me. All ready to watch on Sky....blinking Bristol v Hudders!

PM me if you find a stream!

Hoping your score prediction is accurate

10 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Wallace picked up a knee injury in training hence Buckley being given a start. 

Thought McManaman might have got the nod but he's on the bench. 

Knee injuries are contagious in S6 atm, really hope it's only minor.

I think CC doesn't trust Macca putting a shift in for full 90, he hasn't started one game for us yet I don't think. I think we'll see him at some point tonight though without doubt.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would have possibly thought McManaman would have started instead of Buckley?

You're not on your own there

Having said that he's been out for a couple of games with a knock so will probably need 6-7 weeks to be considered match fit

lol

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

5db5f0b6-72ac-4e19-84b4-8218fc972f29.jpg

TEAM NEWS: Here's how we line-up v @ReadingFC#swfcLIVE

2016-17 (League)  

Total

(League)

Apps      Goals    Apps      Goals
Westwood 35 0 112 0

Hunt 25 0 59 0
Lees 27 0 105 3
Loovens 25 1 104 1
Fox 7 1 7 1

Buckley 9 0 9 0
Jones 23 0 23 0
Bannan 35 1 70 3
Reach 31 2 31 2

Rhodes 9 3 9 3
Winnall 10 1 10 1

Wildsmith 0 0 9 0
Fletcher 31 6 31 6
Palmer 19 0 131 1
McManaman 9 0 9 0
Matias 0 0 17 3
Semedo 4 0 138 1
Nuhiu 15 0 137 19

Total 314 15 1,011 44

Having seen the team I can't help being nervous.  Too many players who have little recent match practice.  I presume Carlos's hand was forced, and I look forward to being proved wrong by Buckley, Matias, etc.

Just now, Reyt Part Timer said:

Having seen the team I can't help being nervous.  Too many players who have little recent match practice.  I presume Carlos's hand was forced, and I look forward to being proved wrong by Buckley, Matias, etc.

I doubt he picked that midfield through choice. 

Happy with that side, Bannan and Jones can compete with Reading in the middle and we'll try to create from the wings.

Always been impressed with Buckley although Mcmanaman must wonder why he bothered coming here.

Wallace rested or injured?  We have had to rely on his goals but tonight we don't have that option.  Time for Winnall and Rhodes to show why Carlos has been showing faith in them as a partnership.

Edited by Reyt Part Timer