Leeds Evening Post

On 3/16/2017 at 19:57, Athelwulf said:

I'd say that's a fair appraisal. When was the last time we beat Derby at Hillsborough? I know, now's  a good time to start you all say. lolNewcastle at home? Barnsley away, Winnallgate and all? When did we last beat Mick McCarthy? I've said eighth since before Xmas, so I'll take seventh. Bad news for Leeds, though, if we don't make the top 6. Because Carlos knows how to beat Wagner, but Wagner knows how to beat Leeds. If 'Udders stay in the play-offs = Leeds stay down, with 17K-a-week Wood off in the summer. Every cloud... :stuwinky:

WTF:  lol

On 30/04/2017 at 07:36, Sham67 said:

WTF:  lol

Athelwulf: "Hailstones in April? No chance! When was the last time it hailed in April?"

Sham & GM: "We're keeping the faith. It'll hail in April. And there'll be a tropical storm next Xmas to boot..." lol

On 2017-3-16 at 20:26, Athelwulf said:

Consider the following GDPs. Liverpool £7 billion, Sheffield £9 billion, Leeds £50 billion, Manchester £90 billion, Birmingham £130 billion, London £900 billion.

So Leeds is 5x wealthier than Sheffield, Manchester 10x so. Birmingham is as wealthy as thirteen Sheffields. We're the capital of nothing.

What a load of tripe.    You should get your figures right.

In 2014 Leeds/Bradford (pop just over one million) GDP £47,729m

Sheffield ( without Rotherham..... pop just over half a million)   £25,469m 

So Leeds/Bradford is actually poorer than Sheffield, taken per person.

Look for cities near the bottom of this link

http://www.totallymoney.com/uk-ireland-gdp-map/

Leeds United say they will honour a promise to partially refund fans who bought season tickets for 2016-17 if they miss out on the play-offs.

Barring a 14-goal swing in the final round of fixtures, Garry Monk's side will now finish outside the top six.

Fans who bought a season ticket for the Championship club before the end of May 2016 will get 25% of their money back.

The club had pledged to give refunds of 50% if they sold 15,000 tickets, but they did not reach that number.

Leeds, who have extended a deadline for supporters to claim their money back, are in the process of sending forms to season ticket holders who qualify for the refund.

The cost to the club, co-owned by Italian businessman Massimo Cellino, is not known, but it is understood that funds have been ring-fenced to pay back the money.

Speaking after Saturday's 3-3 draw with Norwich, which effectively ended their play-off hopes, manager Monk said: "The reality is, the majority of the group were not quite ready for this situation. That's not a criticism. It's just a fact."

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I don't particularly like Leeds

I like laughing at them. 

Would have been amusing to still be living in Leeds on Saturday (moved back to Sheffield over a year ago). 

Worked with a few Leeds fans (were generally ok tbf to them), though I have no doubt they'll be going back to being massive Rhyno fans or perhaps go and watch the cricket. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I like laughing at them. 

Would have been amusing to still be living in Leeds on Saturday (moved back to Sheffield over a year ago). 

Worked with a few Leeds fans (were generally ok tbf to them), though I have no doubt they'll be going back to being massive Rhyno fans or perhaps go and watch the cricket. 

Why would so many be interested in African wildlife?  Seems a little bizarre. 

Leeds also only have one major  league football team.

Sheffield of course have two - well, one that is a small parochial outfit that is classed as a major team. And of course, us.

Thats the mark of a prominent city IMO.

Newcastle may disagree but who cares ..

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

What a load of tripe.    You should get your figures right.

In 2014 Leeds/Bradford (pop just over one million) GDP £47,729m

Sheffield ( without Rotherham..... pop just over half a million)   £25,469m 

So Leeds/Bradford is actually poorer than Sheffield, taken per person.

Look for cities near the bottom of this link

http://www.totallymoney.com/uk-ireland-gdp-map/

Think he's keeping his head down now. Makes you wonder why anyone should talk down the city they supposedly come from, shouldn't that be the other way round especially when you're making things up.