Leeds Evening Post

On 2017-4-30 at 01:00, Eastleigh Owl said:

Yeah, your figures are way out, get back to school, 5 times wealthier,lol

Also, Leeds's local economy is - more than anywhere else in the north of England -  heavily reliant on financial services and retail. Good luck with that after BREXIT!!  :laugh:

31 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Bit upset this Leeds fan. :biggrin:

I have been trying to work out what this young chap's favourite word is and I'm a bit unsure. Can any of our other readers help?:biggrin:

I know what most of us think of Leeds but he is young and in agony (and thinks he remembers characters from Leeds's past of half a century ago) and I can remember feeling that way too and it's not nice, even for a Leeds fan (and you all know what I think of Leeds, don't you?!!) Am I going soft and unworthy in my old age?:laugh:

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Bit upset this Leeds fan. :biggrin:

Such a potty mouth from the Leeds pikey !!

He wants to get used to it as think Leeds' squad will be decimated for next season.

Janssen, Bartley, Wood, Hernandez, Ayling, White to name a few will all be gone to pastures new...

4 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Think he's keeping his head down now. Makes you wonder why anyone should talk down the city they supposedly come from, shouldn't that be the other way round especially when you're making things up.

I'm not keeping my head down for goodness sake, and I do come from here. There's nothing wrong with this city, just the way it's been run over the years. The policies of this council have driven lots of business and industry out of the city, not least because of sky-high rates and wastage of money. Leeds' business activity, for example, is 80% larger than ours. How come everything's based there and not here? I wasn't talking down the city or its people, just those that have run it over the years. I've lived in other parts of the country, and I can tell you that the councils we've had here over the years wouldn't last five minutes elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm not keeping my head down for goodness sake, and I do come from here. There's nothing wrong with this city, just the way it's been run over the years. The policies of this council have driven lots of business and industry out of the city, not least because of sky-high rates and wastage of money. Leeds' business activity, for example, is 80% larger than ours. How come everything's based there and not here? I wasn't talking down the city or its people, just those that have run it over the years. I've lived in other parts of the country, and I can tell you that the councils we've had here over the years wouldn't last five minutes elsewhere.

You commented that the GDP of leeds was around 5.5 times that of Sheffield so where did you get that crap from.

2 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

You commented that the GDP of leeds was around 5.5 times that of Sheffield so where did you get that crap from.

They'll be weaving cloth again in a few years when retail and financial services crash after Brexit and we have all the industry down here. 

Apologies if pope etc, but interesting to see how the season ticket refund promise has worked out - as per BBC, "Fans who bought a season ticket for the Championship club before the end of May 2016 will get 25% of their money back. The club had pledged to give refunds of 50% if they sold 15,000 tickets, but they did not reach that number."

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom

I've seen it. Maybe GDP was the wrong term, but the relative figures I gave were accurate. I didn't just think them up. But the point I was making is that for a city of our size there's little here. Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, even Liverpool have airports for example. Where's ours? There's a Harvey Nichols in Leeds, but there ain't one here because people can't afford to buy their products. Leeds, Birmingham and Manchester have business centres, where's ours? How come the TV and press aren't here? Like I said, it's the people running the city I've got a problem with.