The Owls vs Burton. Official Matchday Thread.

A very good day to you all, Pauli with an excellent OMDT before our clash with the footballing powerhouse that is Burton Albion.

Of course they're easy to disparage for being a tiny club but that tends to lead to us not taking them seriously enough - which is what we did last time and boy were we punished. Hopefully this means the players will be eager for revenge tonight. Our cause is aided by a few injuries for Burton, though we're also suffering with some ailments ourselves. We did brilliantly against Norwich to make Hillsborough an intimidating place to come and imposed ourselves early, let's have the same again today please.

Crucial game to set us up for the run in now, a win and another flowing performance like Saturday and I'll be daring to dream of a run in where it all finally clicks and sweep our fellow promotion contenders aside on our way to the premier league. Who cares if our performances up until march were mostly turgid, we've kept in touch with the top 6 and there's no better place to have your best performances than the run in, as long as we can sustain it into the play offs.

Wednesday 3-0 Burton (Forestieri 20, Bannan 35, Winnall 82)

good one Pauli, as always.

Looking forward to getting maximum points. But we know it will be hard as they will park thier bus and so we will have to create all the chances rather than countering them...

Edited by Lombado

1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

Just bumped into Carlos on Greystones Drive; didn't realise he was a neighbour. He was very pleasant and chatty...Good man Carlos, made my day!

Did you tell him that we have a saying in England that if it's not broke don't fix it?

And also same again lads 

49 minutes ago, darklord said:

Well its my 40th tomorrow and I grew up in Burton (Agnes) so definately a sign we will win  4-0

lol

Nil-one to Burton.

Goal-scorer lifts up his shirt to reveal a tee-shirt saying "This ones for you Auntie Agnes".

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Pre-match interview from Vincent Sasso

MY GOD AM I ERECT.

He's literally sex on legs. And I'm straight. 

But apart from looks, hair, physique, height, voice, youth, ability....he is basically me.

Fantastic thread as always - don't understand why I'm not smashing the pub quiz with the facts I pick up from these.

Yeah, predicting a narrow win tonight. Tuesday night game, team expecting to beat, ex-player and pig manager, all set up for a nervy, game.

16-0 to the super sexy boys in blue, all deflected off of Brayford's forehead.

Just arrived in sheffield for the match, check into hotel, then over to the ground. Looking forward to this after saturday, optimism tank refreshed....4-2 to Wednesday.

Think we could be vulnerable from set pieces but have too much tor them ultimately