The Owls vs Burton. Official Matchday Thread.

BJyDHtd.png          tgF0ckM.png                  

Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield

19:45 Tuesday, 07 March 2017

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

When they are not necking gallons of their locally brewed supercharged beer, the people of Burton also like to make three piece suits for each other. These suits are made from self cleaning artificial fibres and perfect for getting drunk in. It doesn’t matter if you fall in a puddle or down a grate into someone’s coal cellar, you will always look smashing whilst wearing one.

jWDDsO7.jpg

The Burtonians also have another popular hobby. As usual, it first involves supping loads and loads of ale and then driving a spaceship at faster than light speed. This causes the fabric of space and time to go all bendy and weird. Then, the participants return to their hometown at some point in the distant future, where they meet the monkey version of Helena Bonham Carter behind the chip shop and snog her.

X9MWWSr.png

Burton invented Snowboards in 1972 as a way of getting to the pub really quickly in bad weather and they also have a football team, which is how we come to be playing them today!

MATCHDAY THINGS

Official Matchday Pie: Steak and Ale

Official Matchday Drink: 16 pints of Old Flapwrecker

Official Matchday Song: The Organization with  “Smokey Feeling”…

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Sam Hutchinson is a doubt after going off with a knock in the 5-1 victory against Norwich on Saturday.

Fellow midfielder Almen Abdi missed the win over the Canaries and could miss out again.

Burton have doubts over striker Marvin Sordell (bitten on the ankle by a terrier) and defender Ben Turner (bitten on the neck by a vampire) after the duo picked up knocks in the goalless draw at Bristol City. Any old full back KLsklS8.png John Brayford (bitten on the arse by the monkey version of Helena Bonham Carter) is unlikely to return.

NDL2Et4.png Head To Head RBaoxnV.png

▪    This season's reverse fixture was the first competitive meeting between Sheffield Wednesday and Burton Albion.

▪    The Brewers came out victorious in that game back in August, with goals from Kyle McFadzean, Jackson Irvine and Lloyd Dyer earning them a 3-1 win.

▪    Fernando Forestieri scored one and assisted another two goals in Sheffield Wednesday's 5-1 win over Norwich at the weekend.

▪    Each of Burton's last three league games have ended all-square.

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

“I do not want to talk about individuals because this was all about the team. Every single player did so well and so for me, that was our best performance in terms of the goals we have scored. We have played other very good team performances, such as twice against Huddersfield, at Newcastle, Aston Villa to name some, but today the goals went in and we are happy. 

Hi60OeN.jpg

We were very good all over the pitch. Keiren Westwood was solid, the defence was solid, the midfield was very, very good and the strikers worked for absolutely everything. This was our best performance and I think it was the best performance by our fans too. The atmosphere was fantastic and for that, we say thank you. We have six games left to play at Hillsborough and this is what we need, so much positive energy.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight…

v5lgeLq.gif

Edited by Neal M

Brilliant OMDT again Pauli! 

We've gotta go all out from the get go tonight seen as it effectively dispatched of Norwich on Saturday, so more of the same please.

im going with a Wednesday win by 3-0 Rhodes, Fessi and (why not) Semedo on the score sheet

Semedo scoring with a volley 67.3 yards out while blindfolded and drunk... :ph34r:

RELEASE THE LLAMA

AGENT CLOUGH IS BACK 

BRAYFORD'S BEARD THOUGH 

YO! THAT SHÌT IS WACK

IMG_5481.JPG.f3361465211b82032cc813516fe07d30.JPGIMG_5395.JPG.874b9919d5e10c53c5256c47602db18b.JPG

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

5 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Pauli the day is wrong though? 

:manager:

Serves me right for starting on the Old Flapwrecker before having the thread ready. Perhaps a nice moderator would be so kind as to correct it?

Morning all,

Nice one Pauli

After a much improved performance last time out, I think we will follow on where we left off last game.

So I'm going for a 3-1 Wednesday win.  Rhodes, Winnall and Baz with the goals.

TO VICTORY!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

1 hour ago, pauli said:

:manager:

Serves me right for starting on the Old Flapwrecker before having the thread ready. Perhaps a nice moderator would be so kind as to correct it?

Done.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.