Wigan vsThe Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

5 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

I challange anyone who has contributed to this thread to go back and have a general look through it.

If this is a collective example of what the players have to endure at our games it is a miricle we win any games at all.

We were shuffle though there is so much talent out on that field and it looks stifled to roger

Welcome 3 points but if the alarm bells weren't ringing for some folks they should be now.

one effort on target against easily the worst team in the division is criminal.

Reach was easily their best player...

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

It wasn't that mate. We couldnt find a man. Couldn't thread a pass together. Couldn't create hardly any chances on goal. We were so far off the pace for 2nd balls. It's only because we were playing against the leagues worst attack we managed to ride our luck. 

Our passing was off tonight, no doubt about it. But I do think that if we hadn't have scored that goal at the end of the first half we would have properly gtne for it in the second. Great point about the second balls though, that was very frustrating. Carlos won't be happy about that.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

we need and deserve far better - I will never settle for below average performances from Wednesday and we need to voice this IMO. 

I hear you mate but is it the players fault, they are doing what they are told, i don't believe we will get promoted with CC at the helm.

1 minute ago, joelswfc said:

Can't believe the negativity.

Playing against a team that are designed to defend. We got the win and that is all that matters.

We know when to play pretty and when to play ugly and we chose the right option tonight.

Massive 3 points to lift the spirits again. Well done Wednesday.

I get the point, but I think what's worrying most of us is we've played ugly for almost all of the 29 matches this season.

Trying to win 1-0 and take all the life out of a match is a horrendously difficult thing to pull off, even poor opponents will get a chance on goal. But for me it's just a horrendous thing to watch week on week out when we have a squad packed with attacking quality.

1 minute ago, OzOwl said:

I hear you mate but is it the players fault, they are doing what they are told, i don't believe we will get promoted with CC at the helm.

I don't think CC tells the players to pass to the opposition every time we get the ball. 

The players have some responsibility 

11 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

I challange anyone who has contributed to this thread to go back and have a general look through it.

If this is a collective example of what the players have to endure at our games it is a miricle we win any games at all.

Keyboard warrior mate, happy clapper at a match.

It was bad though, admit it.

3 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Welcome 3 points but if the alarm bells weren't ringing for some folks they should be now.

one effort on target against easily the worst team in the division is criminal.

Reach was easily their best player...

agreed

I understand the desire to come on and bash the moaners, but jeez come on, who can anyone - anyone defend that stat ?

simply dreadful and dont tell me they defended well yes they did but they were mostly attacking us in the 2nd half they could and should have had at least 2 in the last 10 mins when we just couldnt find a man    - I need a stiff drink that was bad