Wigan vsThe Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

1 minute ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Let's sack him then eh who the f##k you gonna get to replace you f##king moron

Listen ignoring people saying sack him because yes that is stupid. Carlos really does need to have a rethink and quickly because I can say with a huge amount of confidence the way we are playing this season we I'll get caught by at least two of the chasing pack. 

We we need to have a look at utilising the skilful attacking players at our disposal because right now Carlos really isn't getting the most out of the team/squad. 

Come on Carlos lad give yourself and the team a good shake and get back to the flowing football we loved you for. 

Guest Copthorneowl

I'm always trying to see the best in us but tonight you have to be delighted with three points but the performance was woeful. We've played a team out of there depth in this division and we couldn't string four passes together and get in behind them. 

Some me woeful individual efforts as far as I'm concerned particularly in defence pray for a quick come back from Lees.

18 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Can't believe the negativity.

Playing against a team that are designed to defend. We got the win and that is all that matters.

We know when to play pretty and when to play ugly and we chose the right option tonight.

Massive 3 points to lift the spirits again. Well done Wednesday.

This. Wigan a great performance from tough passionate strugglers, parked the bus and did it with heart. So obvious the early plan was to try to get to 80min at 0-0 then go for it. Same plan at 0-1 down. Good effort by them, sussed us out well, and well done to our lads who just weren't allowed to play but we ground it out. Impressed with that tbh, and it's a huge 3pts. Playoffs!

Edited by Mr. Tom

9 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Let's sack him then eh who the f##k you gonna get to replace you f##king moron

You said sack him not me, who's the moron?

I think Carlos has to rethink his tactics and shake it up a bit.

5 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Listen ignoring people saying sack him because yes that is stupid. Carlos really does need to have a rethink and quickly because I can say with a huge amount of confidence the way we are playing this season we I'll get caught by at least two of the chasing pack. 

We we need to have a look at utilising the skilful attacking players at our disposal because right now Carlos really isn't getting the most out of the team/squad. 

Come on Carlos lad give yourself and the team a good shake and get back to the flowing football we loved you for. 

Well I'll give you the job then seems you know more than CC........ kidc77 for the next coach.

I love it how all the football managers on here make it sound so easy. 

By the way what's your profession at the moment?

I know It wasn't pretty tonight but with the injuries and suspensions we have plus Wigan scrapping for thier lives it was always going to be a battle.

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Wigan looked decent,

What?!?!?

WHAT?!?!?!

They were absolutely clueless

A really, really poor team - no formation, no strategy - passed to us more than we passed to our own players

As bad a team as i have seen at this level

Just now, scram said:

What?!?!?

WHAT?!?!?!

They were absolutely clueless

A really, really poor team - no formation, no strategy - passed to us more than we passed to our own players

As bad a team as i have seen at this level

agreed  

really think some people ( I've been guilty too) are blinded by the facts 

Wigan were simply dreadful  even so they could and should have beat us 

1  (one)  attempt at goal  everybody's pleased with the 3 points but let's not start being stupid and think that was acceptable 

Playing this way puts immense pressure on the back four...one mistake and you pay.

Freekicks in the attacking third played backwards...

We played storming football last year and we seem to be even more knackered or unable to put in composed competitive performances even by strolling around this season.

We are a yard slower in our heads and in possession.  We seem to be getting weaker and more casual as each game goes by.

Go at teams like Wigan hard, control the game then you can bring off players and rest them once the job is done.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

This. Wigan a great performance from tough passionate strugglers, parked the bus and did it with heart. So obvious the early plan was to try to get to 80min at 0-0 then go for it. Same plan at 0-1 down. Good effort by them, sussed us out well, and well done to our lads who just weren't allowed to play but we ground it out. Impressed with that tbh, and it's a huge 3pts. Playoffs!

They didn't park the bus at all.

Our back four were busy bees.

Look 3 points is great, really great because that was a dreadful performance. 

Jones, Pudil, Reach and Hunt were abysmal, truly abysmal. When they pressed us we had zero composure and just handed the ball back to them. 

We didn't create a single chance for Rhodes and yet he comes up with an assist so fair play to him. 

It's the question that keeps coming back but why aren't we playing like last season and taking lesser teams apart? 

Credit to Carlos in saying we weren't up to standard but please  stop with the days rest stuff because I'm afraid my friend that's English football and our squad should be big enough to cope with it. 

Got away with one tonight but we need to improve and fast. Get the tempo up, find that balance and stick to it, don't chop and change. 

Get Abdi in midfield somehow and be smarter in your subs.

2 home games to come and we need to come out of the traps flying and flaming stick it to the opposition.