Joao moves to Blackburn

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'm not Joao's biggest fan, but he does have some qualities, and pace isn't one of them. 

A very well informed gentleman told me a while back that George Hirst will be twice the player Joao is. This deal is the best for all concerned, and I've a feeling that Joao will pop up on Eurosport in a few years playing for a random Dutch side in a Europa League game against Braga. 

I'd hardly call him slow, mate. 

I'm surprised that Blackburn have an option to buy at the end of the loan - I'd have thought we'd want to see how things pan out for him there before deciding whether to give him another chance or not.

All I can think is that Carlos and his team must have reached a fairly firm conclusion that João's not up to it, which isn't surprising based on his appearances over the past year or so. It's a shame, as he looked like he had all the potential in the world at one point, but he's certainly not alone in that.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well we've just sacrificed the one remaining pace outlet we had in the squad. Hopefully we will rectify this with an incoming loan signing. Having no real pace option in such a large squad, is pretty negligent really.

I agree we need pace but you need other attributes rather than just speed!

His touch needs to be better and his finishing is dreadful! His game against Arsenal should have given him the confidence to kick on, sadly it did not.

Best move all round!

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well we've just sacrificed the one remaining pace outlet we had in the squad. Hopefully we will rectify this with an incoming loan signing. Having no real pace option in such a large squad, is pretty negligent really.

It's no good having pace if you fall down every time you get up to speed.