Joao moves to Blackburn

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Because when we sit in our seats we don't see them.

When this was raised last week I asked for someone to describe the large number of good chances that had fallen to our strikers in our last 4 games, Brighton, Huddersfield, Wolves, Preston. 

I don't know what officially classes as "a chance" but I can barely recall what I would describe as a good chance.

I cant remember where I saw the stats to be honest but I go to every home match and I have to say that the vast majority of matches I think we do create enough chances to win the match, I'm not saying we couldn't do better but there have been many wasted goal chances from our strikers and chances that we should be taking with the quality of our front line, hate to say it but I bet Wood, would be converting them and think/hope Winnall may well do.

I have a feeling he may score tomorrow.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Had enough chances, not good enough. 

Not it been the same since he got called up for Portugal. Gives me the impression he thinks he has 'made it'. 

It gives me the impression he's just not that good

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

Not that old chestnut again - the stats showed we had created the 4th highest amount of chances (if my memory serves me correctly), why do people say we are not making chances? lol and although I think Joao has some potential, he has missed some total sitters this season which may we'll have seen us a least 6 points better off.

Define 'chance'. 

47 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I cant remember where I saw the stats to be honest but I go to every home match and I have to say that the vast majority of matches I think we do create enough chances to win the match, I'm not saying we couldn't do better but there have been many wasted goal chances from our strikers and chances that we should be taking with the quality of our front line, hate to say it but I bet Wood, would be converting them and think/hope Winnall may well do.

I have a feeling he may score tomorrow.

I too don't know where you have seen the chance stat. I went to both Preston and Middlesbrough away and saw one fluffed attempt on goal in both matches that was a trickle shot from reach.

i left both games on around 80 minutes (booooo) nothing to do with alternative arrangements but do with boredom of what I was seeing ( double boooooo) 

and in both cases when I was checking the stats on both bet 365 and sky sports on the way home both had over 10 chances created by us in each game which unless we had a late flurry ( Preston maybe)  tells me these are not accurate at all

what contributes as chance? I don't see any 

for me a chance is where an attacking team has a clear sight to  shoot on goal and nothing else. If we have crossed the half way line and into the final third and we have a chance to cross or we have put the ball into the box and no one was there this is not a chance this is poor play or possession squanderd 

so can someone please explain to me based on my explanation how many chances we actually create because I would say we don't average 3 per game.

4 hours ago, SirSheridan said:

Fessi, Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall, Joao, Nuhiu and possibly even Rhodes.

Can't give all of them a good run at the same time can we? 

Simple fact is we have too many strikers for them all to play.

While I agree in part about the service, at least 2 of these need to be moved on.

Joao and Nuhiu are the obvious ones

spot on!

2 hours ago, poite said:

Define 'chance'. 

A shot.

We have something like the fourth highest number of shots per game and the fifth highest number of shots from inside the 18 yard box per game in the league. We are 12th when it comes to having our shots blocked by an opposition player.

We also have one of the lowest shots-on-target %

Seems to me if we're shooting more often than most, and we're shooting from inside the area more often than most, and we're not having those shots blocked more often than most, and we're missing the target more often than most... it's not a chance creation issue

Guest Copthorneowl

None of us see training or the efforts put in away from the pitch but managers appear to hold a lot by the way players strive when training.

A number of posters saying we should persevere with Joao but he has been indulged aplenty since his breakthrough last year and the very person who appears to have run out of patience with him is Carlos who also denigrated his attitude at the end of last year.

Hes had chances galore yes he's got more pace than most but given the fact that we seem to be short of players getting in the box to support our strikers his pace down the middle won't help. We need pace out wide to support strikers. Get him on loan and let's see if he can push on Ashe should be doing at his age and physique.

Needs to be sent on a short term loan or sold.

What he brings to our front line, that others seriously lack (pace, ability to run at defenders, good in the air) he does not display enough. Especially when it comes to running off the last man using his speed, not sure if its how he's been coached but on paper looks like he could be a good player however come game time he doesn't deliver. Not to mention his finishing ability, probably down to confidence but he has poor when given the chance this season.

Send him on loan either back to Portugal, where hopefully a club in his homeland will buy him for an inflated price. Or to a team like QPR with a manager who can get his confidence up and then MAYBE bring him back for our final few games of this season or increase his value to be sold in the summer. 

If we get promoted this season (unlikely) he will undoubtedly be sold, if we don't i can see Nuhiu/Joao and maybe even Fletcher all being sold in order to make way for a big signing who will score 20+ a season. Giving us a front 4 of Hooper/Winnall/FF + New star man.

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Howson says the Blackburn deal is very close and could be confirmed tonight.

Terrific move from the club's perspective this. Frees up some wages but also will tell us a lot about his commitment and potential. If he gets regular game time at a good level (rather than farming him out to some foreign club or a lower league team) we'll learn so much more about him.

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Terrific move from the club's perspective this. Frees up some wages but also will tell us a lot about his commitment and potential. If he gets regular game time at a good level (rather than farming him out to some foreign club or a lower league team) we'll learn so much more about him.

Yeah. After paying his wages for two years...it'll be marvellous to see him catch on fire at another club.

1 minute ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I'd be happy if there was a part-exchange deal involving Ben Marshall

But otherwise, Blackburn are skint, aren't they?

Would they pay a loan fee AND cover his wages or is Paul Senior pulling favours here?

Maybe Blackburn are still owed money by Boro, and we're letting them have Joao as part payment from a Jordan Rhodes loan lol