Joao moves to Blackburn

8 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Everton came in with a £7m bid less than 12 months ago.   One would presume if any clause is in place, it will be better than what we turned down.    I don't think Blackburn would be able to pay that kind of money.

Also, for any clause like this to be in place, it has to be a loan that pays Wednesday £££'s on top of any contribution to wages for Joao.   

£7m....was that reported?

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think if there was a whiff of 7m up front we'd have asked for a sell on and waved him good bye

You would've thought so.

i know their scouts were at all our games at the height of his purple patch & for couple of months after.

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This could work out OK, Joao gets games under his belt, and comes back to us, a more complete player. Meanwhile, we make a similar short term loan signing of someone who has all Joao's attributes, but is perhaps a little further down the line

Hopefully we'll get someone in who's a lot further further down the line as he's way short of what's required at the moment.

Makes sense though to loan him out in the hope he gets games and returns a better player for next season. Pre-arranged option of permanent deal did seem odd.