Conor Hourihane

55 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

He's the sort of midfielder we need.

we said that about abdi ......CH seems a good player  for the way Barnsley play but that doesn't guarantee that he will be for us ...think it will need a change of tactics to get him playing like he does for tarn and carlos does seem to like how we set up at the moment .

Not read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned, but apparently Barnsley's Chief Exec has walked and Heckingbottom is moaning that he's having to get involved in transfer dealings rather than concentrating on coaching.

sounds a bit of a mess- I think Hourihanne is nailed on to leave this window- just a matter of where. An Irish mate of mine with no allegiance to a club round here was telling me how a few of his Barnsley mates (season ticket holders, go home and away) have been constantly raving about Hourihanne and saying Ireland should be building the team around him.

27 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned, but apparently Barnsley's Chief Exec has walked and Heckingbottom is moaning that he's having to get involved in transfer dealings rather than concentrating on coaching.

sounds a bit of a mess- I think Hourihanne is nailed on to leave this window- just a matter of where. An Irish mate of mine with no allegiance to a club round here was telling me how a few of his Barnsley mates (season ticket holders, go home and away) have been constantly raving about Hourihanne and saying Ireland should be building the team around him.

Wouldnt trust Barnsley fans views on that. Hourihane looks decent and we prob should sign him, but when you have been shìt for years any player with just a small amount of talent gets hero worshipped and over- estimated.

Couple of years ago, Chris Maguire was the dogs bòllocksjjNow hes just bòllocks.

He wants to come to us, otherwise if others had him top of their shopping lists and he wanted to go elsewhere he would have gone elsewhere by now. Barnsley would love that.

The delay in announcing Winnall was obviously to announce what we hoped would be a double signing.

Someone at Barnsley realised the shitstorm it would create so now they have to make it look like they are putting up resistance before he eventually joins us at the end of January.

It's all bullshit smoke and mirrors.

Its the same with Rhodes too. He has already agreed loan deal but we need to offload a couple so it has to wait until end of January.

May as well log off, there's nothing to see here. Then things will spice up about 28 January.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Does anyone know the prize money per position for the league this season? If they sell him they could well drop 5/7 places. 

Was discussed in another thread yesterday for some random reason, iirc 50k to winners, 30k to second place, fk all to the rest.

8 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

He wants to come to us, otherwise if others had him top of their shopping lists and he wanted to go elsewhere he would have gone elsewhere by now. Barnsley would love that.

The delay in announcing Winnall was obviously to announce what we hoped would be a double signing.

Someone at Barnsley realised the shitstorm it would create so now they have to make it look like they are putting up resistance before he eventually joins us at the end of January.

It's all bullshit smoke and mirrors.

Its the same with Rhodes too. He has already agreed loan deal but we need to offload a couple so it has to wait until end of January.

May as well log off, there's nothing to see here. Then things will spice up about 28 January.

Is this fact or just your opinion?