Conor Hourihane

11 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I hope everyone, except us, has huge bidding war on Lansbury. I wouldn't want him here. Scores great goals, technically good but doesn't work that hard and you only get the best out of him if the team is built around him. He's basically the same player as McGugan.

If we can nick in ahead of Villa for Hourihane then I think we'll only need a proper right back and we'll be golden.

The saving grace for us is Villa's scatterbrain approach to transfers.

I'd be fairly confident in assuming if we've identified Hourihane as a target, it's because we have an exact idea of why we want him and where he fits in (and I HOPE we've learned our lesson from the summer recruitment)

Villa don't seem to be bothered if it's Hourihane, Lansbury, that lad from Watford everyone wanted us to sign a couple of years ago.. they just want players and they want to throw more money at it. That will only increase over the next 2 weeks as they become increasingly panicky. 

Given Forest's predicament, Lansbury should be a fairly easy get for them even accounting for a bidding war. Ideally they sign him - soon - and take their eyes off the ball with Hourihane.

Barnsley are going to play hardball with Hourihane but I think the closer we get to deadline day the better our position becomes on the signing. He's absolutely not staying at Barnsley and they'll need a fee in January. Villa will hopefully tie up their business elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

The saving grace for us is Villa's scatterbrain approach to transfers.

I'd be fairly confident in assuming if we've identified Hourihane as a target, it's because we have an exact idea of why we want him and where he fits in (and I HOPE we've learned our lesson from the summer recruitment)

Villa don't seem to be bothered if it's Hourihane, Lansbury, that lad from Watford everyone wanted us to sign a couple of years ago.. they just want players and they want to throw more money at it. That will only increase over the next 2 weeks as they become increasingly panicky. 

Given Forest's predicament, Lansbury should be a fairly easy get for them even accounting for a bidding war. Ideally they sign him - soon - and take their eyes off the ball with Hourihane.

Barnsley are going to play hardball with Hourihane but I think the closer we get to deadline day the better our position becomes on the signing. He's absolutely not staying at Barnsley and they'll need a fee in January. Villa will hopefully tie up their business elsewhere.

It might work in our favour if Forest play hardball on Lansbury so Villa are occupied there while we make sure Hourihane knows he's our number 1 and only target.

I'm guessing we've been on him for a while as I was told the fee had been agreed. That was prior to the shitstorm Barnsley fans created about Winnall leaving though so maybe they decided they needed to delay it until they could source a replacement?

I'm still confident that if he wants to play for us then we'll get it done.

42 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

At the moment it is an opinion based on logic and research.

It won't become fact until at least 28 January.

15 minutes ago, northernerowl said:

Yes please, I'd take Hourihane signing as a birthday gift :stuwinky:

11 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

When's your birthday?

28th January at a guess! lol

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

35 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

It might work in our favour if Forest play hardball on Lansbury so Villa are occupied there while we make sure Hourihane knows he's our number 1 and only target.

I'm guessing we've been on him for a while as I was told the fee had been agreed. That was prior to the shitstorm Barnsley fans created about Winnall leaving though so maybe they decided they needed to delay it until they could source a replacement?

I'm still confident that if he wants to play for us then we'll get it done.

Unlikely they will be distracted by interest from Norwich, and won't really be of much use to us, if we get into a haggling situation with Barnsley. Our opening offer for Hourihane seemed a bit low, if we wanted to get the deal done quickly. With him being out of contract in the summer, his value will be reduced, but perhaps not that much, if other clubs are interested

Villa are basically trying to copy Newcastle except they're crap at it. They've got no model, direction or philosophy, they're just chucking money at above average championship players - they can feel free to shell out mega bucks for Lansbury, the boy's talented but his attitude stinks. My hope is they eventually get him and Guedioura and decide they don't need Hourihane - looks like Fulham's price tag has put them off Cairney.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

This is the type of deal where about £2 million with the offer of doubling it if we get promoted in the next couple of seasons would be an offer accepted. Would y'all think that was a good deal, or want to wait until the end of the season and try and get him for nowt? (When there may be a battle for his contract).

I still think Winnall and Hourihane for a combined up front fee of £2.5 million is like going into Poundland and picking up an M&S quality product, but that's just me. Guess wages will come into it... there's no doubt we can afford the reported c.£25k a week wages for Hourihane, it's just whether we want to. 

14 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

The thing is NOBODY knows if we are even interested in this lad...

It's all social media conjecture, nothing else.

Like Villa who want to buy every player in the champ.

Of course we are interested  in CH, these days we are shopping in the posh end of town.

21 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This is the type of deal where about £2 million with the offer of doubling it if we get promoted in the next couple of seasons would be an offer accepted. Would y'all think that was a good deal, or want to wait until the end of the season and try and get him for nowt? (When there may be a battle for his contract).

I still think Winnall and Hourihane for a combined up front fee of £2.5 million is like going into Poundland and picking up an M&S quality product, but that's just me. Guess wages will come into it... there's no doubt we can afford the reported c.£25k a week wages for Hourihane, it's just whether we want to. 

Spend the cash and get him now. There would be more teams in for him as a free agent in the summer, so if we signed him then we'd have to outbid loads of other teams and pay him higher wages. Plus I don't want another season in this league, I'm not saying do a Boro and go for broke but waiting til the summer wouldn't be particularly high on my agenda.

12 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Like Villa who want to buy every player in the champ.

Of course we are interested  in CH, these days we are shopping in the posh end of town.

My point is nobody knows if we are seriously looking or not..and we have 76 pages!

Think this transfer will be a deadline day or close to it transfer.

connor seems to be playing it quite cool and respectful even if he is screaming I want s bigger move in his head.

if he wants a move my guess is he will have to force it slightly like winnall otherwise it's cat and mouse and deadline day and who knows will be panic buying then and bidding 

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

My point is nobody knows if we are seriously looking or not..and we have 76 pages!

I know people go over the top, but we know if quality players are available we are interested whether we sign them i another matter.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Think this transfer will be a deadline day or close to it transfer.

connor seems to be playing it quite cool and respectful even if he is screaming I want s bigger move in his head.

if he wants a move my guess is he will have to force it slightly like winnall otherwise it's cat and mouse and deadline day and who knows will be panic buying then and bidding 

it's probably hindered by the fact that according to RS heckingbottom is the only man left dealing with this